Page 101 of 272 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, even if the writer know about Damian and Supersons, it's easy forgot Damian is part of a diversity. Many writers and artists tend to forgot this.

Tomasi Supersons wasn't the exception, since it never show this aspect of Damian either (he even look as white as Jon).

Even if he knows Damian is a minority, he would probably still add Candance in this, since he wants to add girls in the comic (also, it doesn't exist a limit to represent diverse races).
    Candance didn't work to improve the story or the dynamic like like Tilly [almost like very old white men aren't the best to write young black girls]. She should have just had Tilly's role because all she did was complicate the story. The Supersons title doesn't need a brand new protagonist.

They are supposed to be the protagonists. Not to mention that the Supersons has Maya and Kathy as part of their cast. So just like Arthur was utilised in Mera's title perhaps the supersons writer should have used Maya or Kathy.

Although I suppose the writer of Mera has the edge that they knew about the source material unlike the supersons guy.

But I see your point on How Damian's mixed origin isn't ever acknowledged in the Supersons.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-12-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Arthur, who has black hair, is a big part in Mera Zoom Comic (practically a deuteragonist), so they don't need an additional male protagonist.
    But i doubt he got his own plot and mythology, that is completely disconnected from the rest of the story.

I mean in the Super Son book the first 6 pages of the story are completely about her, without any connection to the main plot. And she doesn't even met Jon or Damian untill half way through the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Candance didn't work to improve the story or the dynamic like like Tilly [almost like very old white men aren't the best to write young black girls]. She should have just had Tilly's role because all she did was complicate the story. The Supersons title doesn't need a brand new protagonist.

They are supposed to be the protagonists. Not to mention that the Supersons has Maya and Kathy as part of their cast. So just like Arthur was utilised in Mera's title perhaps the supersons writer should have used Maya or Kathy.

Although I suppose the writer of Mera has the edge that they knew about the source material unlike the supersons guy.

But I see your point on How Damian's mixed origin isn't ever acknowledged in the Supersons.

I wasn't trying to defend Candace role, I also don't think she's really necessary in the story. My point was just that the character will probably still exist for diversity, even if the writer knows about the source material of Supersons (and discover Damian mixed origin in other material).

I'm not sure if the writer of Mera Zoom Comic knows or cares much about the source material (Arthur has black hair and parents alive). You will now about Arthur without read the material, but not about Maya or Kathy.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 06:42 AM.

I wasn't trying to defend Candace role, I also don't think she's really necessary in the story. My point was just that the character will probably still exist for diversity, even if the writer know about the source material of Supersons (and discover Damian mixed origin in other material).

I'm not sure if the writer of Mera Zoom Comic know or care much about the source material (Arthur has black hair and parents alive). You will now about Arthur without read the material, but not about Maya or Kathy.
    Agree I figure they might have seen the movie or just know the material [more widely known than Supersons]

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The book has a high level of social conscience and responsibility. Robin isn't the healthiest of concepts in especially in todays world of child soldiers and Robins famously dying so easily.

That's the reason why that batman didn't have a child helper and was against Damian helping. bat kid wasn't official. Superboy if you notice the story followed him more and there was less issues or secrecy surrounding his crime fighting because he has powers so the writer seemed to have less problems endangering him.

The same reason why Bat kid had a helmet and all those padding because he was just a boy with easily damaged parts.
    Interesting. Is that way they all wear civilian clothing in the cover? So Damian isn't Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Interesting. Is that way they all wear civilian clothing in the cover? So Damian isn't Robin?
    Well, Damian is "Ian", Jon is a little prick, the other Robins apparently never existed...

Its Elseworlds done by someone that never read the mainline Super Sons book.

Yes. Damian isn't Robin. None of the other boys exist. Alfred is dead and Bruce hates the idea of Damian endangering himself or sneaking out to help him. So he comes up with the name Bat-kid when Jon asks what his name is.

spoilers:
    There's a scene where Damian sneaks out and aids Batman in a fight but Bruce gets very upsets.
    Damian complains and say he just wants to be his Wingman but Bruce chastises him and tells him never to do it and that it's too Dangerous. This Bruce is a more caring and understanding father from what little we see
    end of spoilers

We don't get Damian's back story and he just hates his name [we don't get told why]. The writer said he felt the need to change the name because the name Damian [he felt]had pejorative means [I'm guessing due to The Omen]

Robins [Watch the Stick Drake!]

https://twitter.com/THEPRODlGALSON

Yes. Damian isn't Robin. None of the other boys exist. Alfred is dead and Bruce hates the idea of Damian endangering himself or sneaking out to help him. So he comes up with the name Bat-kid when Jon asks what his name is.

spoilers:
    There's a scene where Damian sneaks out and aids Batman in a fight but Bruce gets very upsets.
    Damian complains and say he just wants to be his Wingman but Bruce chastises him and tells him never to do it and that it's too Dangerous. This Bruce is a more caring and understanding father from what little we see
    end of spoilers

We don't get Damian's back story and he just hates his name [we don't get told why]. The writer said he felt the need to change the name because the name Damian [he felt]had pejorative means [I'm guessing due to The Omen]
    A bit late for that, writer. XD
    Twenty years too late. People already accept and have fun with Damian as a demon child.
    Also, can I point out that a name used for a demonic character in a Hollywood movie doesn't really carry the same weight as a real-life slur? The most it can get is a funny reference.

A bit late for that, writer. XD
    Twenty years too late. People already accept and have fun with Damian as a demon child.
    Also, can I point out that a name used for a demonic character in a Hollywood movie doesn't really carry the same weight as a real-life slur? The most it can get is a funny reference.
    Agreed. And a writer familiar with the source would have kn own that. Matter of fact anyone should know that. Also it's not like the target audience are familiar with the Omen. Even if they were, Damian is still his name so they will have to make make peace with that should they get into comics. It just makes no sense to me.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In case there was any doubt, Bendis confirmed on Twitter tht Damian will be in Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    In case there was any doubt, Bendis confirmed on Twitter tht Damian will be in Leviathan.
    So it's the whole bat family because i know Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and RobinTim were a part of it. I guess it makes sense Leviathan is a Batman villain though I thought it was a strictly Superman event?

Also saw a comment on Comicvine stating that Lois was to be a villain in Year of the Villain

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So it's the whole bat family because i know Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and RobinTim were a part of it. I guess it makes sense Leviathan is a Batman villain though I thought it was a strictly Superman event?

Also saw a comment on Comicvine stating that Lois was to be a villain in Year of the Villain
    Bendis said Tim won’t be in it.

It seems Luthor is gonna approach Lois with an offer but it’s unclear why, when or with what.

Bendis likes to use characthers from other franchises in his runs, he did the same in Marvel many times.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wait how's Nightwing a part of it?