Page 102 of 272 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bendis said Tim won’t be in it.

It seems Luthor is gonna approach Lois with an offer but it’s unclear why, when or with what.
    Wow! I don't like the idea of Lois being a baddie. Hopefully she tells him where to stick it with his offer.
    And I'm wary about Bendis writing Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wow! I don't like the idea of Lois being a baddie. Hopefully she tells him where to stick it with his offer.
    And I'm wary about Bendis writing Damian.
    I'm wary about Bendis writing in general. Aside from sometimes Supes (outside of his role as a father, as Bendis screwed that up too), his characterizations have read like really bad fanfics. The kind where the author writes down the name of an established character, but the personality is someone else entirely. Or a severe case of bi-polar disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm wary about Bendis writing in general. Aside from sometimes Supes (outside of his role as a father, as Bendis screwed that up too), his characterizations have read like really bad fanfics. The kind where the author writes down the name of an established character, but the personality is someone else entirely. Or a severe case of bi-polar disorder.
    He seems to be hit and miss. Like you say on Superman some things have been well done while others have ignored continuity or flat out written characters unlike themselves. I liked his story for Tec and most of his YJ stuff though that does have a fair bit of ignoring power levels and canon.

Damian I just do n't trust him with simply based on how he sabotaged the Supersons and the due to the fact that he thinks he's name is Damien.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He seems to be hit and miss. Like you say on Superman some things have been well done while others have ignored continuity or flat out written characters unlike themselves. I liked his story for Tec and most of his YJ stuff though that does have a fair bit of ignoring power levels and canon.

Damian I just do n't trust him with simply based on how he sabotaged the Supersons and the due to the fact that he thinks he's name is Damien.

I think that more reason to be wary is that he seems to a ridiculously small man. It's fine to have favourites but to have on that tweet Tim the best Robin and damien notevenclosetothebestrobin is Atlanta96level of pettiness and the highest level of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I think that more reason to be wary is that he seems to a ridiculously small man. It's fine to have favourites but to have on that tweet Tim the best Robin and damien notevenclosetothebestrobin is Atlanta96level of pettiness and the highest level of trolling.
    Wait, He actually wrote that? Wow what a professional.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I remember Bendis mentioned that he considered Tim as the best Robin, but I don't remember Bendis saying Damian is "notevenclosetothebestrobin".

What is that Twitter?
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I remember Bendis mentioned that Tim is the best Robin, but I don't remember Bendis saying Damian is "notevenclosetothebestrobin".

What is that Twitter?
    It's here.

I think he's being very facetious but it's anyone's guess with Bendis.

I don't think it's very healthy for the Robin fandom personally. And I love Tim (and Damian).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's here.

I don't think it's very healthy for the Robin fandom personally. And I love Tim (and Damian).
    Thank you

I think Bendis was trying to be funny, but it isn't funny.

Thank you

I think Bendis was trying to be funny, but it isn't funny.
    Clint Barton fans didn't find it funny either .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Tim's the robin getting renamed, not Damian. It happens in YJ #7 (according to the solicits)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Tim's the robin getting renamed, not Damian. It happens in YJ #7 (according to the solicits)
    So, Bendis mentioned Tim as "the best robin" and Damian as "not even close to the best robin" a day before solicitations announce Tim will get a new identity.

That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's here.

Agree so much. The Robin fan base [in particular Tim and Damian fandoms] is already at odds enough without creators fanning the flames. I don't pretend that creators don't have favourites but it doesn't help baiting fans like that.

I don't believe he's being completely serious but lots of fans are not going to see it that way.

So, Bendis mentioned Tim as "the best robin" and Damian as "not even close to the best robin" a day before solicitations announce Tim will get a new identity.

That's funny.
    Looks like you were right all along @Konja7

Astonishing Member

That's funny.
    Maybe the Young Justice solicitation is tongue in cheek, and Tim's "new superhero name" will be The Best Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Maybe the Young Justice solicitation is tongue in cheek, and Tim's "new superhero name" will be The Best Robin?
    I mean he already did name himself the best sidekick for Batman to Jor El which is why it had to be him. So sure won't put it past Tim Taking up the moniker best Robin. Better than naming yourself Saviour