Page 11 of 272 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Same. I'm still enjoying AoSS but the momentum is gone. One reason is, like you said, because it was cancelled so none of this matters and the stakes are nonexistent. And there's a pall of sadness over the whole series because we know what's become of Jon. But another thing is that the story is dragging while the first series was paced well and moved quickly through multiple stories instead of having one extended conflict. And the art, while still good, isn't as breathtaking as in Super Sons.

I will also never forgive Bendis for what he did to Jon and the Superfam. There was just no need. It's like we got a puppy for Christmas and he ran it over.
    I feel bad and worried for Jon. I don't see him surviving. He has been turned into the worst type of young hero [from the expressions he wears in most images we've been shown] and he never had the time to secure a proper base. Pretty much rug pulled out from under him.

I hope they can find more to do with him.

I will admit that on a level I am glad Jon and Damian got some road blocks. Supersons was taking over Damian. There was so much hype and fangirling for the duo that it was overshadowing Damian as a solo act.

It feels awful to say but I hope people understand what I mean. I love Supersons but I don't want that to be the prevalent thing about Damian.

Poor Jon is going the way of Chris Kent. They know what they are doing, and it’s a shame.

It’s a goddamn shame it only took one change in creative teams to be Jon Kent’s undoing, but it does make one appreciate how fortunate Damian was to beat the odds even though his own creator didn’t plan on him sticking around long term.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    It’s a goddamn shame it only took one change in creative teams to be Jon Kent’s undoing, but it does make one appreciate how fortunate Damian was to beat the odds even though his own creator didn’t plan on him sticking around long term.
    We can count our blessings. I always expected Damian to be aged up or killed off permanently because he's so young and aging him naturally poses problems for older characters who have to age with him. I'm still worried about that happening, but less so right now since it just happened to Jon and even DC wouldn't be so stupid as to do it to two characters at once. (knock on wood)

I think Damian was lucky because he was only under three writers (Morrison, then Tomasi&Gleason) for so long. From 2006 to 2016. Consistency goes a long way.

We can count our blessings. I always expected Damian to be aged up or killed off permanently because he's so young and aging him naturally poses problems for older characters who have to age with him. I'm still worried about that happening, but less so right now since it just happened to Jon and even DC wouldn't be so stupid as to do it to two characters at once. (knock on wood)

I think Damian was lucky because he was only under three writers (Morrison, then Tomasi&Gleason) for so long. From 2006 to 2016. Consistency goes a long way.
    Damian was also lucky that Synder works different from Bendis rather than sabotage or tank what he had no interest in he simply put his attention elsewhere.

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of killing all interest in a character to bury them[especially a new one]

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Poor Jon is going the way of Chris Kent. They know what they are doing, and it’s a shame.
    That's what make's this sad. We have been here before so they can't claim ignorance. They know what they are doing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I feel bad and worried for Jon. I don't see him surviving. He has been turned into the worst type of young hero [from the expressions he wears in most images we've been shown] and he never had the time to secure a proper base. Pretty much rug pulled out from under him.

I hope they can find more to do with him.

I will admit that on a level I am glad Jon and Damian got some road blocks. Supersons was taking over Damian. There was so much hype and fangirling for the duo that it was overshadowing Damian as a solo act.

It feels awful to say but I hope people understand what I mean. I love Supersons but I don't want that to be the prevalent thing about Damian.
    Well, we still don't know the age of Jon. He could be 14, so DC may still try Supersons again in the future.

I know we see Jon angry in covers, but I don't think we can assure that will be his personality. He seems nice and calm in Superman 6.

Same. I'm still enjoying AoSS but the momentum is gone. One reason is, like you said, because it was cancelled so none of this matters and the stakes are nonexistent. And there's a pall of sadness over the whole series because we know what's become of Jon. But another thing is that the story is dragging while the first series was paced well and moved quickly through multiple stories instead of having one extended conflict. And the art, while still good, isn't as breathtaking as in Super Sons.

I will also never forgive Bendis for what he did to Jon and the Superfam. There was just no need. It's like we got a puppy for Christmas and he ran it over.
    Exactly this! At the beginning, the moment I knew it's going to be a flashback, the excitement went down a little bit but the hype was still there. Yet as the story goes further, I just gradually lost interest. I don't know. Maybe because it's a space adventure? The mini Legion of Doom didn't get me interested. And just as you said I do indeed feel like the story is kind of dragging and the interaction between Damian and Jon isn't as engaging as it used to be. The art is ok but I just think Jon badly needs a haircut lol. And then it got worse with the whole aged up Jon because I suddenly feel like Super Sons isn't going to work out anymore with Jon being aged up, that's where the excitement for the most part died, I think. Now I'm reading AoSS just to see Damian and little Jon in panels, I don't really care where the story is going.

I kind of understand your feeling. Sometimes I feel that too. Like in general I like how Damian is written in the current Teen Titans but I don't think it's appreciated the way Damian in Super Sons did.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    10 years and counting is a feat for a character like Damian so we are also really lucky as his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, we still don't know the age of Jon. He could be 14, so DC may still try Supersons again in the future.

I know we see Jon angry in covers, but I don't think we can assure that will be his personality. He seems nice and calm in Superman 6.
    I haven't caught up with Superman yet since Bendis took over so I don't know how it actually is but looking at the cover I don't think Jon looks 14, or maybe even if he is I don't think he fits Damian as a Super Sons duo anymore looking like that.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-10-2019 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of killing all interest in a character to bury them[especially a new one]
    Hey, welcome to Ric Grayson World!!1

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding Jon, I don't think Bendis is going to screw him over completely, but I dont think he knows how to write young kids. My guess 13 or 14 and he's just tall for his age. So far he came back calm, smiling and reassuring his dad.

But yeah it doesn't ring as well. I wanted to see what Dan and Pete were up too. Actually I would have liked to have seen Gleason take on a All Star squad or new team with like some other kids their age.

I do miss their dynamic, it's the same sort of feeling that Peter David's YJ gave me back when I first wrote it.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 01-11-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Hey, welcome to Ric Grayson World!!1
    He popped to mind when I was typing that

How one half of the duo that gave us this left us with Ric is baffling. Though likely Didio had more to do with Ric than Tom
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-11-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Regarding Jon, I don't think Bendis is going to screw him over completely, but I dont think he knows how to write young kids. My guess 13 or 14 and he's just tall for his age. So far he came back calm, smiling and reassuring his dad.

But yeah it doesn't ring as well. I wanted to see what Dan and Pete were up too. Actually I would have liked to have seen Gleason take on a All Star squad or new team with like some other kids their age.

I do miss their dynamic, it's the same sort of feeling that Peter David's YJ gave me back when I first wrote it.
    What? He's gonna screw him just a little?

He didn't have to use him . Rather than destroy his options and current dynamics he could have just sent him off and ignored him. Or better yet do like the Batbooks. Damian lives at home we might not see him but its accepted so that doesn't interfere with Damian's on-goings or what writers want to do with Bruce.

Astonishing Member

What? He's gonna screw him just a little?

He didn't have to use him . Rather than destroy his options and current dynamics he could have just sent him off and ignored him. Or better yet do like the Batbooks. Damian lives at home we might not see him but its accepted so that doesn't interfere with Damian's on-goings or what writers want to do with Bruce.
    The thing is that Bendis wants to use Jon to affect Clark (he said this in an interview). It's similar to the shot of Dick by King, although I hope Bendis has more plan to really develop Jon.

In the case of Damian, Batbooks doesn't want to use him. However, King seems to want use Damian now.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that Bendis wants to use Jon to affect Clark (he said this in an interview). It's similar to the shot of Dick by King, although I hope Bendis has more plan to really develop Jon.

In the case of Damian, Batbooks doesn't want to use him. However, King seems to want use Damian now.
    I think he does : he has a whole storyline revolving around Jon's adventures in space. Meaning that he see him as an integral part of his Superman's run. King didn't used Dick after he was shot, and doesn't seem to be interested in doing so.

That's why I find the reactions to Jon being aged up to be blow over the top, right now.

WOW.. The people is cursing Bendis even here(in one no related topic with bendis work).. I saw today people in 4chan cursing Bendis too..

Tittle(DREAM TEAM).. I miss this team..

dream_team_damian wayne robin maya ducard nobody suren darga.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-11-2019 at 05:25 AM.