Page 114 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This guy was in Harley's last movie. I'm sure Fans who are buying Harley merch but that doesn't mean that they are rushing out to get Slipknot merch

As was Katana and she was also on the super popular DCSHG and A Batman animated series but that didn't help her when it came to promotion

Basically what I mean is that Harley might be making more bank than WW that doesn't mean everyone who appears next to her or in her movie is suddenly going to get a boost.

And the world knowing you doesn't always = more promotion or a great boost in visibility as we see with Katana.

Regardless of how much Harley makes Cass isn't Harley. Cass can hope to be made a part of the Harley family that way she can get the Cat treatment you mentioned above [being on the bat gravy train]. But right now she hasn't locked it down.

Slipknot was a nobody included to enforce the idea behind the suicde squad, except it was so obvious he was gonna die and be the only one dying that the movie gave way to what the recent version of the comicebook bigest flaw. The suicide issuppose to be a team where anyone can die, but that stop being the case since the new52 revival. Anyway comparing a ugly middle aged man with hardly any screen time doesnt really compare.

Katana is basically the mulan of the DCU consistent Asian representation. Despite never really having big following she never really dissappered from the eye of DC The fact that she almost got her live action theatrical debut before wonder woman says alot. She pretty much made an appearance in every DC animated ensemble piece i can think of. Katanna doing just fine

Cassandra is basically a silent Hitgirl but less violent
    she will be well received as along as they dont screw up her introduction. Yes she will get a boost, it would not surprise me if BOP is revived and she is on its future lineup. There is only up from here after her live action appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Shame DC doesn't have a Harley franchise but I suspect that she likely makes more money for WB than WW does right now. Not to mention appears to connect more with young girls than Diana.
    She has one of the few solo books to not be interrupted in the last 5 years, while leading a teambook, and a leading role in the most recent crisis event. her animated appearances keep growing, new animated series this fall, already renewed for a season 2 A movie in the fall. She is basically the queen of cosplay. Her empire is growing strong.
    Is there a faction of the comic book industry she has not hit yet? Film, Books, Video Games, she only not on tv becasue she is too big to use for a long time only supes and Bats got that kind of treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She has one of the few solo books to not be interrupted in the last 5 years, while leading a teambook, and a leading role in the most recent crisis event. her animated appearances keep growing, new animated series this fall, already renewed for a season 2 A movie in the fall. She is basically the queen of cosplay. Her empire is growing strong.
    Is there a faction of the comic book industry she has not hit yet? Film, Books, Video Games, she only not on tv becasue she is too big to use for a long time only supes and Bats got that kind of treatment

Like i said it's a shame DC doesn't have a Harley Franchise.

Aah when we self own. Come Injustice vs Masters of the Universe and who the Joiner Harley? Who's looking for someone to tell them what to do?
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-20-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Slipknot was a nobody included to enforce the idea behind the suicde squad, except it was so obvious he was gonna die and be the only one dying that the movie gave way to what the recent version of the comicebook bigest flaw. The suicide issuppose to be a team where anyone can die, but that stop being the case since the new52 revival. Anyway comparing a ugly middle aged man with hardly any screen time doesnt really compare.

Katana is basically the mulan of the DCU consistent Asian representation. Despite never really having big following she never really dissappered from the eye of DC The fact that she almost got her live action theatrical debut before wonder woman says alot. She pretty much made an appearance in every DC animated ensemble piece i can think of. Katanna doing just fine

Cassandra is basically a silent Hitgirl but less violent
    she will be well received as along as they dont screw up her introduction. Yes she will get a boost, it would not surprise me if BOP is revived and she is on its future lineup. There is only up from here after her live action appearance.

Well fingers crossed you are right and this does give her a boost. Plus putting her on BOP gives her a home freeing up Cave space and at Wayne manor.

WE don't want a repeat of this

or Cass loitering in a little boy's room.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-20-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Shame DC doesn't have a Harley franchise but I suspect that she likely makes more money for WB than WW does right now. Not to mention appears to connect more with young girls than Diana.
    Likely because Harley, Joker, Robin and everything Gotham related comes under the Batman Media Franchise. From what I can find, Only Batman media, Superman are listed as franchises under DC Entertainment. But then my source was the highest grossing franchises in the world. So not a full list.

Extraordinary Member

Well fingers crossed you are right and this does give her a boost. Plus putting her on BOP gives her a home freeing up Cave space and at Wayne manor.

WE don't want a repeat of this

or Cass loitering in a little boy's room.
    I'm suprised it has not happend sooner

Cass Steph and Bluebird all seem prime to be the next set for the birds of prey
    My guess is that since it has always been a female oriented team Tim drake put a dent in that and they did the gotham knight thing

It be a nice idea since Barbra already mentors 2 out of 3
    Plus DC full of lost lil girls for the roster
    Nobody Rose Terra R-iko(I miss her) Maps and so many others

I'm suprised it has not happend sooner

Cass Steph and Bluebird all seem prime to be the next set for the birds of prey
    My guess is that since it has always been a female oriented team Tim drake put a dent in that and they did the gotham knight thing

It be a nice idea since Barbra already mentors 2 out of 3
    Plus DC full of lost lil girls for the roster
    Nobody Rose Terra R-iko(I miss her) Maps and so many others
    What would you do with the current older line up? I know BC is in Green Arrow but Huntress doesn't have a home. Though she could be in a Nightwing book.

Extraordinary Member

What would you do with the current older line up? I know BC is in Green Arrow but Huntress doesn't have a home. Though she could be in a Nightwing book.
    Well I would want Babs team to mentor the kids

But Black canary deserves her own book to be honest
    Yeah this huntress has no ties to batman and DC is a world withouth a spy organization which falls under reason why Grayson could never last

Have no clue what to do with her, why she is still in gotham when she whould be back with her students, i expect racial shift once the movie comes out so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Odd. Somehow though, the erasure of Cass and Steph doesn't surprise me anymore.
    Same here.

Gotham Resistance

Bruce being a good Dad even while Damian is being a complete **** because there's not enough of Bruce being a good dad on this thread.

This panel always gets me

I imagine Damian’s words must cut Bruce to the core: Bruce is someone who lost his own father to untimely death and would do almost anything to have his parents back.

I’m sure Bruce is smart enough to recognise it as the bluster of an emotionally vulnerable child who misses the one person he can call a friend, but that “hh” implies the words find their mark. I do like that he shifts the conversation to praise Damian’s work, trying to assuage the boy by fulfilling his persistent need for approval.

This is a good example of Bruce trying to be an understanding father to Damian even when Damian is making it very difficult.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-20-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Bruce being a good Dad even while Damian is being a complete **** because there's not enough of Bruce being a good dad on this thread.

This panel always gets me

I imagine Damian’s words must cut Bruce to the core: Bruce is someone who lost his own father to untimely death and would do almost anything to have his parents back.

I’m sure Bruce is smart enough to recognise it as the bluster of an emotionally vulnerable child who misses the one person he can call a friend, but that “hh” implies the words find their mark. I do like that he shifts the conversation to praise Damian’s work, trying to assuage the boy by fulfilling his persistent need for approval.

This is a good example of Bruce trying to be an understanding father to Damian even when Damian is making it very difficult.
    I miss good dad Bruce and Jesus Damian that was callous as h**l.

That bat Mobile is wild.

Inspired by the Supersons and TT crossover

https://twitter.com/konkiriooni

Of course his RobinBike Flies. Did he build it too?