Page 115 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4078
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Of course his RobinBike Flies. Did he build it too?

Nah. Bat-Cow did. Never underestimate the Bovine of Brilliance.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Nah. Bat-Cow did. Never underestimate the Bovine of Brilliance.
    Oh I don't.

I've seen BatCow save a baby, wake Titus up for patrol, help him with his Harness and open the door for Krypto. I've learnt never to underestimate the Bovine of Brilliance

Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-21-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, even if the writer know about Damian and Supersons, it's easy forgot Damian is part of a diversity. Many writers and artists tend to forgot this.

Tomasi Supersons wasn't the exception, since it never show this aspect of Damian either (he even look as white as Jon).

Even if he knows Damian is a minority, he would probably still add Candance in this, since he wants to add girls in the comic (also, it doesn't exist a limit to represent diverse races).
    Is Ian Wayne even mixed heritage? From the character chart he doesn't know who his mother. Chances are Talia isn't his mum meaning he might not be a minority.

Astonishing Member

Is Ian Wayne even mixed heritage? From the character chart he doesn't know who his mother. Chances are Talia isn't his mum meaning he might not be a minority.
    Ian should still be a minority (and son of Talia). That's why they make his skin darker.

Ian was originally as white milk as Bruce in this. If they want another mother, the writer would mantain Ian's white milk skin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-21-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Ian should still be a minority (and son of Talia). That's why they make his skin darker.

Ian was originally as white milk as Bruce in this. If they want another mother, the writer would mantain Ian's white milk skin.
    They had him white on the covers, the fans complained and launched a petition. DC changed it but inside Ian fluctuates better darker and lighter. Bruce was also lighter on the covers. They made him darker when they made Ian whiter. There is nothing to show he is a minority.

Not even the colouring. It just seems like a half arsed recolour to pacify fans.

Talia isn't the only woman of colour Bruce has dated and even if she were there's nothing stating they have to use her. They could do a Timmverse and make him the son of Selina who is often part Cuban or Italian.

Astonishing Member

They had him white on the covers, the fans complained and launched a petition. DC changed it but inside Ian fluctuates better darker and lighter. Bruce was also lighter on the covers. They made him darker when they made Ian whiter. There is nothing to show he is a minority.

Not even the colouring. It just seems like a half arsed recolour to pacify fans.

Talia isn't the only woman of colour Bruce has dated and even if she were there's nothing stating they have to use her. They could do a Timmverse and make him the son of Selina who is often part Cuban or Italian.
    Bruce is still pretty white milk skin in the inside pages, while Ian always has darker skin (even if it isn't consistent).

The change means they decide to mantain Ian as a minority (although Damian is a minority even when he looks white).

I didn't know about a petition for white milk Ian. I'm still surprised about that reaction, I mean Damian look as white as Jon in Supersons. Maybe the brown doesn't help.

Bruce is still pretty white milk in the inside pages, while Ian always has darker skin (even if it isn't consistent).

The change means they decide to mantain Ian as a minority (although Damian is a minority even when he looks white).

I didn't know about a petition for white milk Ian. I'm still surprised about that reaction, I mean Damian look as white as Jon in Supersons. Maybe the brown doesn't help.
    I guess we'll find out as the story progresses what ethnicity Damian's mother is.
    The change means they don't care. If they did care then they would have had him as a minority or they would have been consistent. The change was an empty gesture and doesn't mean Ian or his mother is a minority.

In the comics certain artists consistently show Damian as a minority. Gleason[B&R, RSOB and Superman], Chang [TT and Batman Beyond], Stanton [New Talent Showcase] Tampino [The Shadow/Batman] Meyers [Percy's TT], Pham [Percy's TT] and Carlo Pagulayan [Deathstroke].

These are the most stand out in Rebirth and one of those is his on going. In his solo Robin Son of Batman both Gleason and the replace artist that did the last 4 or so issues when Gleason got sick depicted him as a minority.

In Comics where the story is about him he is shown as a minority.

The complaint's and petition where all for brown Damian. I've never once come across any fan wanting Damian/Ian to be coloured milky white. One poster here asked why he [and other batfamily] were brown once. But that's a first.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-21-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

In the comics certain artists consistently show Damian as a minority. Gleason[B&R, RSOB and Superman], Chang [TT and Batman Beyond], Stanton [New Talent Showcase] Tampino [The Shadow/Batman] Meyers [Percy's TT], Pham [Percy's TT] and Carlo Pagulayan [Deathstroke].

These are the most stand out in Rebirth and one of those is his on going. In his solo Robin Son of Batman both Gleason and the replace artist that did the last 4 or so issues when Gleason got sick depicted him as a minority.

In Comics where the story is about him he is shown as a minority.
    I don't remember each of these example, but I think you are wrong with some of them.

In Superman, Damian was drawn with the same skin as Jon.

In the first issues of Robin: Son of Batman, Damian looks more ethnic. However, in the last issues, Damian looks as white as Bruce.

In New Talent Showcase, Damian has the same skin color as Selina. They don't look brown.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-21-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Damian Robin

https://assengard.tumblr.com

Damian Young Executive

http://branch56.tumblr.com

I don't remember each of these example, but I think you are wrong with some of them.

In the first issues of Robin: Son of Batman, Damian looks more etnich. However, in the last issues, Damian looks as white as Bruce.

In New Talent Showcase, Damian has the same skin color as Selina. They don't look brown.

New Talent show case

Meyer

Pham

Selina isn't full white though is she and compare them to Alfred and Bruce and everyother white person in the new Talent showcase and they are brown.

Nope in the later stages of RSOB Damian is still darker than Bruce but lighter than Talia and Maya.

Damian is darker than Jon and the Kents in Superman see below
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-21-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

In the first issues of Robin: Son of Batman, Damian looks more etnich. However, in the last issues, Damian looks as white as Bruce.

I would add that Damian doesn't look brown by Pagulayan in Deathstroke either.

Gleason

Fawkes

Gleason Rebirth Damian is darker this is even more evident as the series progresses. By the time we get to the Garth issue the difference is more striking.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.

I would add that Damian doesn't look brown by Pagulayan in Deathstroke either.
    Yes he does

Damian is darker than Slade and Dick [whose is Romani supposedly]
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-21-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

New Talent show case
    Oh, I see that image. I don't see him as brown in this.

Also, Selina has the same skin color than him in that issue