Page 12 of 272 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that Bendis wants to use Jon to affect Clark (he said this in an interview). It's similar to the shot of Dick by King, although I hope Bendis has more plan to really develop Jon.

In the case of Damian, Batbooks doesn't want to use him. However, King seems to want use Damian now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think he does : he has a whole storyline revolving around Jon's adventures in space. Meaning that he see him as an integral part of his Superman's run. King didn't used Dick after he was shot, and doesn't seem to be interested in doing so.

That's why I find the reactions to Jon being aged up to be blow over the top, right now.
    Maybe the danger is that he wants to use Jon. So far he's used Jon about as decently as King used the Robins.

I dropped Superman after the Baby issue before that i didn't like his Jon and Lois was being more annoying than usual. i haven't read returned Jon but @Konja says he's calm and pleasant.

I really want to have faith but..
    On King using Damian now I wish he wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I really want to have faith but..
    On King using Damian now I wish he wouldn't.
    I prefer see Damian in one comic related with King than with Bendis..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW.. The people is cursing Bendis even here(in one no related topic with bendis work).. I saw today people in 4chan cursing Bendis too..

Tittle(DREAM TEAM).. I miss this team..

Attachment 76663
    Ah Suran. I really liked that kid.

Getting called comes with being a daring creator. When you make controversial moves it gets folks talking. Both good and Bad

I prefer see Damian in one comic related with King than with Bendis..
    If it was a choice I would pick King over Bendis however personally I don't want either.

That's why I find the reactions to Jon being aged up to be blow over the top, right now.
    People have bad memories of DC aging up child character.
    Meanwhile I personally think 10-year-old Jon barely has his proper place yet but in just 3 years since his conception he’s aged up and don’t look like a child anymore even though being a literal child is part of his charm. It just doesn’t seem right. And the way Bendis wrote the build up seems like he wanted to break the Super family apart.

And it’s also because Jon’s part of Super Sons with 13-year-old Damian who looks like 10-year old and who I don’t think will actually grow up physically in the near future, and what makes Super Sons works in the first place is how Jon bringing out the childishness in Damian, so Jon being his way now won’t make the Super Sons work out the way it used to be in its best.

Ah Suran. I really liked that kid.

Getting called comes with being a daring creator. When you make controversial moves it gets folks talking. Both good and Bad
    Suren.

I am fine with see Damian and Maya teaming again.. Gleason never created him..

If it was a choice I would pick King over Bendis however personally I don't want either.
    The burguer scene made me think that use Damian every 10 batman issues(in 1 issue) is not a bad idea.. Only 1 issue, I donīt want to see Damian frencuently in batman with King as writer..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-11-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Nothing Bendis has done with Jon or Lois has been good, and aging a child character up off screen is honestly so cheap and unfulfilling to an audience who actually cares about his character development. Plus, this is something we've seen before with Superman's last child and it's the most boring move he could've made. We had something new and different and he just brought us back to Chris Kent and using side characters as nothing but fodder for Superman's wangst. SO yeah, I think people being upset about it is 100% understandable. The only people who don't care are the ones who didn't like Jon much in the first place/don't like child characters and were not interested in his development.

And ah, the Suren/Maya/Damian team was the best. I love the new TT group, but I really wish he'd stayed with them. They could've been their own group with Jon and Kathy. Superdog and Goliath could've been their mascots.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    People have bad memories of DC aging up child character.
    Meanwhile I personally think 10-year-old Jon barely has his proper place yet but in just 3 years since his conception he’s aged up and don’t look like a child anymore even though being a literal child is part of his charm. It just doesn’t seem right. And the way Bendis wrote the build up seems like he wanted to break the Super family apart.

And it’s also because Jon’s part of Super Sons with 13-year-old Damian who looks like 10-year old and who I don’t think will actually grow up physically in the near future, and what makes Super Sons works in the first place is how Jon bringing out the childishness in Damian, so Jon being his way now won’t make the Super Sons work out the way it used to be in its best.
    Considering that I never liked Supersons, because it was basically "Damian is the butt end of all jokes", I honestly don't feel too bad about Jon being aged up leading to the title losing in importance. I never liked Jon's interactions with Damian and I've felt that he was becoming terribly flat as a character, so bendis attempt to change that is very welcome to me.

I wouldn't really mind King on Damian. Other than shooting Nightwing, he doesn't often do anything that has major consequences. He's been on Batman for a while, and what's changed? Bruce is crazy and depressed, but he's always that way. The Batfamily is fractured, but most of that happened in other books. King using Damian would at least show us what he's up to at home, which I miss seeing.

Considering that I never liked Supersons, because it was basically "Damian is the butt end of all jokes", I honestly don't feel too bad about Jon being aged up leading to the title losing in importance. I never liked Jon's interactions with Damian and I've felt that he was becoming terribly flat as a character, so bendis attempt to change that is very welcome to me.
    WOW.. We share the same opinion... The grandpa Damian made me curse this comic forever.. I was tired of humiliations.

The worst is the existence of crazy fans fantasies about these 2(some people donīt have limitations, even with the characters ages).. Damian inherited Tim curse because they put him with one superkid too.. First that Collin(despite his few appearances with Damian) and now him..

Some people still want Tim with Kon, I would never understand that, the only that they have in common is that both were Wondergirl boyfriends..

Talking about Kon... The last image of YJ comic in 4chan received comments saying that the image was Gay... If one fanbase supporting them as gay couple doesnīt exist yet maybe Bendis will start it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-11-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I wouldn't really mind King on Damian. Other than shooting Nightwing, he doesn't often do anything that has major consequences. He's been on Batman for a while, and what's changed? Bruce is crazy and depressed, but he's always that way. The Batfamily is fractured, but most of that happened in other books. King using Damian would at least show us what he's up to at home, which I miss seeing.
    King's Batman is a shitty shitty father. To Damian, Dick and Jason I don't want him on the character. He has very little regard for characters. No thanks.

I had the same issue with Supersons. The jokes got old fast.

WOW.. We share the same opinion... The grandpa Damian made me curse this comic forever.. I was tired of humiliations.

The worst is the existence of crazy fans fantasies about these 2(some people donīt have limitations, even with the characters ages).. Damian inherited Tim curse because they put him with one superkid too.. First that Collin(despite his few appearances with Damian) and now him..

Some people still want Tim with Kon, I would never understand that, the only that they have in common is that both were Wondergirl boyfriends..

Talking about Kon... The last image of YJ comic in 4chan received comments saying that the image was Gay... If one fanbase supporting them as gay couple doesnīt exist yet maybe Bendis will start it.
    Kon's not gay he's just wearing very dated clothes.

Mostly thanks to Johns TT when it was basically the relationship with more screen time (all platonic of course), plus BatmanxSuperman is a pretty loved in fanworks.

Shipping is a very loud and weird part of the fandom lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

King's Batman is a shitty shitty father. To Damian, Dick and Jason I don't want him on the character. He has very little regard for characters. No thanks.
    King is very similar to Bendis, more into the characthers serving the story than vice versa, is my biggest problem with then frankly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona