Page 124 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    SuperSons: The PolarShield Project made the Top 10 best selling graphic's novel list landing at no 8. Honestly a part of me was hoping this version of the boys will crash and burn.
    Remember those numbers are Novels ordered by stores, not sold to customers.

Appart from this comic book shops are not really the primary market for those books. I mean 8th place on that list corresponds usually to somthing between 2000 and 3000 copies ordered via Diamond, that's very likely only a small fraction of the sales, otherwise producing Graphic Novels would be hardly profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Jason is on the outs with Bruce as a whole. Considering in Red Hood, they last parted with a LOT of tension.
    Not to mention the crap that Damian tried to pull not too long ago.

And Dick, the one who would probably be able to smooth things over, is still busy being a caricature of Jason's character known as "Ric".
    I guess Bruce also won't take Jason back so easily after his dubious mentoring, teaching Damian to steal and brutalising him.

I guess Bruce also won't take Jason back so easily after his dubious mentoring, teaching Damian to steal and brutalising him.
    To be fair, Jason had thought Damian had just dropped by to talk. And then Damian attacked without provocation. Even then, Jason held back until Damian pulled out that little box thing. And then quickly ended the fight.

And, I'd say it was more of a partnership than a mentorship. Jason fed Damian information as he came across it, and Damian would use it in Gotham.

I find it difficult to hate Talia because she is a victim just like Damian expect in her case there was no bat family to the rescue and she was in too deep.
    She is one adult now and she is even separated from the League.. Her "love" for Batman(because she wants to kill him) and Damian could not have saved her?

However, against this comment I want to say that we need good female villains(not secondary characters like that white rabbit? that sometimes appears as secondary character, I saw her recently).. Redemption is maybe one bad idea for her.

Tom King trying hard to deflect from the F***ery in HIC with some Coming up in Batman likely more useless empty pandering that uses tumblr versions of these characters in his arse of a run.

So here's some art of some of the batfam from an upcoming issue of batman from Janin. Damian's in it.
    Why is Cass using a sword now?
    Why is Huntress there and not Steph?
    Where are Dick and Jay?

One Detective Comics cover? I remember see many members of the batfamily in the next variants..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-26-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    She is one adult now and she is even separated from the League.. Her "love" for Batman(because she wants to kill him) and Damian could not have saved her?

However, against this comment I want to say that we need awesome female villains.. Redemption is maybe one bad idea for her.
    I don't know about redemption for her, but being more complex then, "Oh, I am so evil! Listen to my evil laugh!" Like caring for Damian in a twisted way (the whole taking over a country for him for example), and even looking after Jason (lets just erase that end part though, shall we? Good) after he came back to life.

Take a whole country for him is not something that I approved.. She obtained one army for the next time disappoint us again.. Today I protect you, tomorrow I will be your enemy again..

She is like in the films.. I remember the films and she changed from take care of Damian from deathstroke(son of batman film) to the Heretic film(batman bad blood)..

Despite Batman and Damian saved her then she returned to her plans and she tortured Bruce few weeks later..

bruce wayne tortured by talia.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-26-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To be fair, Jason had thought Damian had just dropped by to talk. And then Damian attacked without provocation. Even then, Jason held back until Damian pulled out that little box thing. And then quickly ended the fight.

And, I'd say it was more of a partnership than a mentorship. Jason fed Damian information as he came across it, and Damian would use it in Gotham.
    He was beating him when he was no longer fighting and Damian in his mind had a very good reason for the attack. He believed Jason had betrayed them and tried to kill him and his team mates. That counts as provocation. It might turn out to be wrong [likely] when we get the reveal of the actual traitor.

Now because Glass give us a bare bones and not an actually story we don't know how justified or likely Damian's assumptions were. [He could have had very strong reasons or he could just be paranoid but since we didn't get those interactions I can't judge his actions but i can judge Jason beating a no longer fighting Damian as much as I can judge Bruce beating on a Jason who wasn't fighting back]

Was Damian wrong in his actions? Yes.
    Did Damian go about it the right way? Hell No.
    Did Jason go too far?hell yeah.
    He also threatened to Kill Damian and his team mates [who did not come after Jason by the way] next time.

Bruce is fully justified in wanting to keep Jason as far away as possible. Bruce might be a shitty dad but he is a shitty dad of a minor and sometimes he remembers that. This could be one such time. It is best interest of his two sons to have some distance for a while.

All we know is that Jason reached out to Damian, gave him information and advice re setting up his prison, didn't see him advice him to steal off from Bruce but we saw him enquire about how the theft was going.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-26-2019 at 05:19 PM.

However, against this comment I want to say that we need good female villains(not secondary characters like that white rabbit? that sometimes appears as secondary character, I saw her recently).. Redemption is maybe one bad idea for her.

One Detective Comics cover? I remember see many members of the batfamily in the next variants..
    Being an adult doesn't erase us from the experiences of our early years. They are called foundation years for a reason. They play a huge part in shaping who we become later in adulthood. By the time Talia left the LOA the damage has long since been done.

no that's from an up coming Batman comic not Tec.

no that's from an up coming Batman comic not Tec.
    Up coming batman comic.. Not Outsiders..

Duke again.. WHY? he has outsiders.. and not Steph again.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-26-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

He was beating him when he was no longer fighting and Damian in his mind had a very good reason for the attack. He believed Jason had betrayed them and tried to kill him and his team mates. That counts as provocation. It might turn out to be wrong [likely] when we get the reveal of the actual traitor.

Now because Glass give us a bare bones and not an actually story we don't know how justified or likely Damian's assumptions were. [He could have had very strong reasons or he could just be paranoid but since we didn't get those interactions I can't judge his actions but i can judge Jason beating a no longer fighting Damian as much as I can judge Bruce beating on a Jason who wasn't fighting back]

Was Damian wrong in his actions? Yes.
    Did Damian go about it the right way? Hell No.
    Did Jason go too far?hell yeah.
    He also threatened to Kill Damian and his team mates [who did not come after Jason by the way] next time.

Bruce is fully justified in wanting to keep Jason as far away as possible. Bruce might be a shitty dad but he is a shitty dad of a minor and sometimes he remembers that. This could be one such time. It is best interest of his two sons to have some distance for a while.

All we know is that Jason reached out to Damian, gave him information and advice re setting up his prison, didn't see him advice him to steal off from Bruce but we saw him enquire about how the theft was going.
    Damian responded the exact same way Bruce did. Both went in looking for a fight, didn't make any effort to talk first and continued to fight against an opponent who made it clear they wouldn't fight back.

The only differences are that Damian's response wasn't in the heat of the moment and this time Jason eventually fought back. Damian's confrontation with Jason never goes as far as it does if Damian talks to him first or doesn't pull out the random black bat box that provoked Jason to go on the offensive to begin with. Was Jason's response brutal and a bit far? Absolutely but I can't properly judge his actions until somebody reveals what was so important about the box in the first place.

BANNED

Ya know, I didn't see Batwoman, either. Not to mention Alfred and Bat-Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ya know, I didn't see Batwoman, either. Not to mention Alfred and Bat-Cow.
    I mentioned Steph because.. Her last appearance was many months ago and I want to see her active in one comic again..

I hope that the detective comics variants are not here to cheat me and she will appear during the AK arc..

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Damian responded the exact same way Bruce did. Both went in looking for a fight, didn't make any effort to talk first and continued to fight against an opponent who made it clear they wouldn't fight back.

The only differences are that Damian's response wasn't in the heat of the moment and this time Jason eventually fought back. Damian's confrontation with Jason never goes as far as it does if Damian talks to him first or doesn't pull out the random black bat box that provoked Jason to go on the offensive to begin with. Was Jason's response brutal and a bit far? Absolutely but I can't properly judge his actions until somebody reveals what was so important about the box in the first place.
    Well I hope Glass decides to gives us to missing details but somehow I'm not holding my breathe.

Damian's response didn't have to be in the heat of the moment

I doubt Jason not being here is to do with the incidents in TT or even his own title [King doesn't care about what's happening in other titles aside from those like Nightwing which are integral to his own story] most writers don't. [If they did Alfred won't have spewed the crap he did in TT.]

I wish it were because it would be great to have Bruce's reaction to the fallout between Jason and Damian in TT.
    The family's reaction to Bruce's action's in RHATO.

I don't want Talia redeemed. I like her as villainous just writers quit ruining her character and keep it consistent.

Tom King trying hard to deflect from the F***ery in HIC with some Coming up in Batman likely more useless empty pandering that uses tumblr versions of these characters in his arse of a run.

So here's some art of some of the batfam from an upcoming issue of batman from Janin. Damian's in it.
    Why is Cass using a sword now?
    Why is Huntress there and not Steph?
    Where are Dick and Jay?

How does this even match any of the solicits? Is it a flashback? If it is a flashback, where is Dick? Has Huntress been working with the family? Why is she there and not Kane?

Huntress is at best part of the reserve squad so why is she there and other front line members of the squad aren't? this is yet another dream or something rubbish and pointless to the plot that's gonna curry him favour like that vapid Tec 1000 story that everyone's raving about.