Page 130 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4078

Sorry guys, Damian killed slade... WITH A GUN..

Batman will never forgive him.

spoilers:
    Is a joke. Another person killed him
    end of spoilers

Whelp...didn't expect....

spoilers:
    Emiko to be the one to do it. But I'm glad it was her and not Damian. Not that I think Slade is actually dead anyway.
    end of spoilers

This is...honestly the best written Teen Titans event since Rebirth began. And yet it's still my least favorite of the three. Outside of his fling with Djinn (that I really like, and hope that it's not ruined by this arbitrary triangle with Crush) I haven't really been feeling Damian in this run. Honestly, I've been more annoyed by him than anything. It just feels like a lot of this story line has been dedicated to teaching him lessons he should already know by now. Even less of a fan of this weird thing he has going with Deathstroke, where...I guess he's supposed to be using him to take out his poorly defined anger at Bruce...and whatever traumas from his past that he still has?

I don't know. I guess we can chalk it all up to his teen angst or something but I'm just a little tired of this whole "Is he good or bad? Will he kill again? Will he and Batman ever get along?" stuff with him. Especially when it felt like a lot of it was already resolved a long time ago. Things seem to be getting better for him in Tec though. So I guess there is still hope that his current phase won't last much longer.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-01-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Look at thease boys !!!!

I can't even put into words just how much I'm gonna miss this series when it ends. This and Young Justice are the only current DC titles that still make me smile.

And I really need this lantern kid to not be forgotten when it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can't even put into words just how much I'm gonna miss this series when it ends. This and Young Justice are the only current DC titles that still make me smile.

Well, Bendis already has his own "teen lantern" that somehow hacked the power ring. So, don't expect the poor guy from this series to ever be mentioned again.

Whelp...didn't expect....

spoilers:
    Emiko to be the one to do it. But I'm glad it was her and not Damian. Not that I think Slade is actually dead anyway.
    end of spoilers

This is...honestly the best written Teen Titans event since Rebirth began. And yet it's still my least favorite of the three. Outside of his fling with Djinn (that I really like, and hope that it's not ruined by this arbitrary triangle with Crush) I haven't really been feeling Damian in this run. Honestly, I've been more annoyed by him than anything. It just feels like a lot of this story line has been dedicated to teaching him lessons he should already know by now. Even less of a fan of this weird thing he has going with Deathstroke, where...I guess he's supposed to be using him to take out his poorly defined anger at Bruce...and whatever traumas from his past that he still has?

I don't know. I guess we can chalk it all up to his teen angst or something but I'm just a little tired of this whole "Is he good or bad? Will he kill again? Will he and Batman ever get along?" stuff with him. Especially when it felt like a lot of it was already resolved a long time ago. Things seem to be getting better for him in Tec though. So I guess there is still hope that his current phase won't last much longer.

WOW dude!

1) if lessons were so easily learnt we wouldn't have so many characters and people repeating the same mistakes over and over. Can you point to one character that hasn't repeated the same mistakes over and over.

2) If change was so easy I would have stopped smoking, Bruce would be less manipulative & dodgy and alfred wouldn't be sending random green kids to fight crime.

but the thing I find most offensive is the comment whatever trauma from his past he still has. I work with kids who have been affected as a result of harmful and abusive relationships/ homes/environments. That shit always stays with you. You never get past it completely.

It shapes how they view the world, how they view themselves and in cases it affects their interactions. They might learn how to cope and strive but the effects of the trauma still remains. Moreso in cases where the trauma took place in their early years and went of.

Rant over. That comment hit a personal nerve. i hope you're just being flippant with your words.

Damian like the other bats not named Grayson will always struggles with psychological issue from his past and just like every other Bat character will have stories dealing with themes and arcs we've already seen a few times . This is pretty much a given for any comics character that's been going for a while.
    Also remember it's only been 3 years in story that Damian left Talia and came to Gotham so not long ago that he left the Toxic environment that is the LOA and then a year later Talia killed him

The thing with Deathstroke isn't that strange considering their past plus I think Damian fears he might be similar to Deathsroke which scares him.

I can see why he would have an issue with Bruce. He isn't a great dad. He is selfish and his love is often conditional same as Talia's. Damian needs attention, love and approval to show that he is just like his dad and worthy.

Dick is the only one that shown him unconditional love and he isn't around these days.

Slade though is being weird but i enjoy their interactions. Todays issue was fire. I want Priest to write more of these two.

I like Damian when he's kinda grey. Supersons Damian is fun but too kiddy.
    I don't mind Damian learning but yep TT seems to be nothing but Damian learning. This current run is doing it better though.
    Percy's I wasn't a fan of regressing him to teach him things but it was fun to see him try and fail and try again. I liked that he stuck with a team that pretty much was hostile and ridiculed him [not Kori] but he stuck with it and was professional. That was mature and at least he learnt that you use words when recruiting team mates. Don't kidnap them.

When you suck at social interactions it's helps to have a lieutenant who has better people skills.
    Now he needs to work on not hiding stuff from your team.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-01-2019 at 05:03 PM.

How many young GL's do we have now 3? The young Justice GL seems interesting and is very young. I want to know more about her. Also what happened to the Asian GL that was introduced/ Anyone one know when his Zoom title is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Look at thease boys !!!!
    LOL at Dunderhead. that doesn't sound like Damian but I guess it a kiddish Damian. I'm going to miss this title. It's not as good as the 1st series but it's still so much fun. DC is all too gloomy and angsty of late so it's nice to have a title like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    WOW dude!

1) if lessons were so easily learnt we wouldn't have so many characters and people repeating the same mistakes over and over. Can you point to one character that hasn't repeated the same mistakes over and over.
    Not too many that are as annoying as when it's done by Bruce and Damian.

2) If change was so easy I would have stopped smoking, Bruce would be less manipulative & dodgy and alfred wouldn't be sending random green kids to fight crime.

but the thing I find most offensive is the comment whatever trauma from his past he still has. I work with kids who have been affected as a result of harmful and abusive relationships/ homes/environments. That shit always stays with you. You never get past it completely.

It shapes how they view the world, how they view themselves and in cases it affects their interactions. They might learn how to cope and strive but the effects of the trauma still remains. Moreso in cases where the trauma took place in their early years and went of.

Rant over. That comment hit a personal nerve. i hope you're just being flippant with your words.
    Yeesh. Definitely didn't mean for my criticisms to be taken personally by anyone, so sorry for that. Nor am I trying to invalidate anyone's actual trauma. But I still mean what I said about how I feel in regards to Damian's character for the past 3 years. Sure a lot of it makes for a more realistic story (and I would never compare or hold a real child, or anyone else going through similar difficulties in life, to the same standards as a fictional character) but realism in this sense only goes so far in a story before it starts to get old. I don't mind a lot of Damian's past following him for the rest of his life and having story lines centered around that. But for the character to be around for as long as he has and we still have these same, tired "Is he trustworthy? Is he gonna be bad? Will he ever get Daddy's love!?" stories (even though all three of those questions have already been answered...several times), it just...feels like that's all people can do with him.

That's why I liked his friendships with Collin, Maya, and Jon. That's why I loved the idea of him joining the Titans (even if both attempts left a lot to be desired). Those seemed like natural next steps for him as a person and a hero. He just...no longer feels like the same kid who worked his ass off to earn the title of Robin and the trust of his father, gave his life for his family, came back and had a relationship with Bruce that was better than it had ever been, and went on a life changing journey to atone for his past. I kinda wanted to see things continue from there for him.

Again, I don't mind giving Damian struggles. Seeing him overcome them before was part of the reason he became my favorite Robin. I don't mind him occasionally relapsing (I actually do like the idea that he'd still struggle with not killing). But this whole "Dark Titans" story line is going a bit too overboard with the whole thing for my taste. To the point where it almost feels like he's never learned anything from his time with Dick or Bruce.

I say almost because, if there is one thing I will praise this arc for. As much as I hate the feelings of deja-vu I've been getting this whole time. As much as I hate about half of Damian's Titans (I could write a full dissertation on why I dislike Wallace and why Damian was in the right for firing him the first time). As much as I don't like Slade's weird interest in Damian...I do actually like how Damian is written. If there's one thing that shows some of his growth as a character is still there, it's how much of his arrogance and brattiness has been toned down, and how much he is genuinely trying to do what's right. That is the only thing that keeps me from wishing this whole thing never happened. I just don't want this to be a reoccurring theme with him.

All-New Member

I think it's fine for the story to take this route, what with Damian just coming back from an event in which despite the team of heroes best efforts, a planet still got destroyed and then failing to save someone who he was somewhat fond of and finding out the it was because a villain got out without problem. I can understand him questioning his beliefs and morals again when it still results in people getting hurt or killed.

Like it's a pretty good reason to relapse considering what he has experienced. Though too be fair, i haven't really read a lot of Damian's old stories so I can't really comment on if this story arc is repeititive or not...

So when DC announced a TT and Deathsroke cross over what they meant was a Damian and Deathsroke crossover?

Not complaining. These two bounce off each other so well. It was a good idea to keep the interactions focused on the two. They have an odd relationship under Priest.

I want to see this strange relationship explored a little bit more.

The end was a surprise.

The Terminus Agenda. Damian actually had such a plan which meant he at some point considered killing his prisoners. I don't like that. Also Swerve straight up called Damian a terrorist.

Shame we din't see Slade interact with Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Episode 2:

Attachment 81822

Episode 3:

Attachment 81823

Man-Bat is now considered good?
    Just what the fans have been asking for. More heroes going bad. More Character assassinations

Really Damian isn't this stupid. Why would he even ask this? Does he just assume that everyone in a reddish mask /hood is Todd? generic and Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Episode 2:

Attachment 81822

Episode 3:

Attachment 81823

Man-Bat is now considered good?
    Man-Bat has been a key player in Justice League Dark. And what's more, the doctor himself isn't evil, its just that when he turns bat, he didn't really have control.

Mosameen

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So when DC announced a TT and Deathsroke cross over what they meant was a Damian and Deathsroke crossover?

Not complaining. These two bounce off each other so well. It was a good idea to keep the interactions focused on the two. They have an odd relationship under Priest.

I want to see this strange relationship explored a little bit more.

The end was a surprise.

The Terminus Agenda. Damian actually had such a plan which meant he at some point considered killing his prisoners. I don't like that. Also Swerve straight up called Damian a terrorist.

Shame we din't see Slade interact with Wallace.
    I think the idea of this crossover is just a prologue for the next arc for TT and Deathstroke nothing more.
    Last edited by Mosameen; 05-03-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Man-Bat has been a key player in Justice League Dark. And what's more, the doctor himself isn't evil, its just that when he turns bat, he didn't really have control.
    Damnit.. I forgot it.. I am not watching the serie.

DC damian wayne beyond goliath.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-05-2019 at 05:51 AM.