Page 146 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I know some people don't like Glass' writing of Damian because the only book they read him in is Super Sons sometimes. I like Glass' writing of Damian as well as Tomasi because they write Damian as a social chameleon. Damian's character is not static it changes based on who he is with. When he is with Bruce he is more hardened, when he is with Jon he is more light hearted and open and more kid like. Even in the Teen Titans with Emiko he is more brutal and all about the mission because that is Emiko's character as well. With Djinn he is more open and emotional because Djinn own characteristics bring that out of him. The only time I did not like how Damian was written was in Lasuzus Contract. I don't know who wrote him punching Wally in the chest but, I thought that was out of character.

Even Tomasi said that through he is writing Dectective Comics now the Damian in Dectective is different from the Damian he writes in Super Sons. I think the fact that Damian can have some many interpretations shows how interesting of a character he is.
    I agree that some fans who got to know Damian from SS don't like Glass but I'm not one of those. I've been following Damian since Batman and Son so I've experienced him under a multitude of writers.

I just don't like how Glass uses him. The terminus agenda highlighted how poor Glass was in his writing of Damian compared to Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Thanks for the preview.

Tomasi is really showcasing Damian and Bruce doing the typical B&R dynamic duo partnership. Focusing on their working relationship rather than the father/son relationship like he did in Batman and Robin.

As much as I loved B&R I'm enjoying the focus on their professional dynamic. Giving Damian a chance to just be Robin not Son of Batman.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Superfam & Batfam throwing hands over who makes the best cake: Alfred or Ma Kent (Scribblenauts Unmasked #12)

1st time seeing these.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Thanks for the preview.

Tomasi is really showcasing Damian and Bruce doing the typical B&R dynamic duo partnership. Focusing on their working relationship rather than the father/son relationship like he did in Batman and Robin.

As much as I loved B&R I'm enjoying the focus on their professional dynamic. Giving Damian a chance to just be Robin not Son of Batman.
    I hope this puts paid to the idea that the two can't work together as regular Dynamic Duo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I hope this puts paid to the idea that the two can't work together as regular Dynamic Duo.
    who said they couldnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    who said they couldnt?
    A few posters on this site have said that they don't work well together which is why Robin hasn't been in the bat books since Synder. They claim they are too similar.

Posted by Pat Gleason on the 11th of May.
    Wonder what his vision of damian's whole life looked like? guess we'll never know

patrickgleasonart:

hellyeahteensuperheroes:

Don’t forget Patrick Gleason who wrote Robin: Son of Batman.

- Admin

Hey thanks, For the record I got to co-plot 4 years of Batman and Robin, a year writing RSOB, and wrote/plotted every issue that I drew (and some I didn’t) and more in our 2 year Superman run in which I used him as much as I thought we could get away with I love that little twerp. Have his whole life planned out and would do more if they let me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    A few posters on this site have said that they don't work well together which is why Robin hasn't been in the bat books since Synder. They claim they are too similar.
    I dont think they were as great a team as Damian and DickBats but Bruce loves Damian so much and I love seeing the fatherly affection, He has never been more of a parent well since Preteen Dick
    Its not bad just different, esp with early Damian who is a brat and a loose cannon now we have a well season Damian who has learned to work with others and listen

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I agree that some fans who got to know Damian from SS don't like Glass but I'm not one of those. I've been following Damian since Batman and Son so I've experienced him under a multitude of writers.

I just don't like how Glass uses him. The terminus agenda highlighted how poor Glass was in his writing of Damian compared to Priest.
    I have to be honest I saw no notable difference between Glass and Priest writing of Damian. Both give personal reasons as to why he does things and he is shown to be more impulsive but, he has a history of doing that when not surrounded by his family or people he trusts. Priest really did not do anything his part of the cross over that made me think he should write Teen Titans other than the book was enjoyable, and that is the bare minimum. Glass' main problem is by presenting things a character does as a mystery to build tension the motivation is lost. I don't really like comics holding my hand in that way and telling me exactly why a character is doing something because I can infer it for myself. But I get some readers need that. I don't think Priest or Glass are bad writers but, I really don't see much of a difference between their styles of writing Damian.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 06-11-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What I read was Priest Damian has troll moments vs Deathstroke while Glass is more serious since he has to take care of a team. That's from the little I saw though.

Damian has grown on me. I hate the character so fucking much because he was a 10 year old. Even tho these are comic books that we read, and his genealogy has been augmented, I hated him. No not because he was a whiny little spoon fed piss ant, but BECAUSE he was 10 years old. I'm from a rough neighborhood. I grew up fighting. I know quite a bit about fighting properly. Boxing, some MMA, and a **** load of street fighting and bar fighting. Fighting in numbers. Outnumbered, and being in the crowed of outnumbering. Hitting people with baseball bats, beer bottles, rocks, cars, sticks what ever. Here's why I always hated Damian tho...........HE'S FUCKING 10 YEARS OLD. It doesn't matter how good he is at fighting or what his training is. He doesn't have the strength to really be able to hurt another person. Yeah sure, he can take a knew out, or chop someone in the throat. If he's grabbed by someone, I don't care if it's fucking Bane, if he puts his fingers in their eye sockets, they're going to let go. No one is going to try and act so scary and tough that they'll take becoming blind just to show how they can take pain. Also, He's fighting scumbags, gang bangers, drug dealers, and petty criminals. Now these people not have the training that Damian has had, but if they're from the Gotham criminal world, they grew up fighting other people so they know how to street fight.....Also they're adults. One good UNP-ROPER punch to a 10 year old is going to knock them the **** out, or really hurt them. Son of Batman or not.