Page 15 of 272 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Don't mind Al Ghul's as a happy family or Damian seeking revenge for the man who raised him. Even in the comics Ra's has been more invested and more hands than Bruce. The Al Ghuls are a happy family and Damian was in a happy [even f it was unhealthy] until he met the Bats.

Damian beating Slade isn't unusual. He is a Teen Titan villain or he was That was his purpose
    In the comics Ra's wanted to use Damian as a vessel, so I'm not sure where you're getting that interpretation. And we don't see Damian happy before he met the Bats at all, he's just very confident and spoiled, not happy.

And big disagree on the Deathstroke thing. Damian shouldn't be able to beat Deathstroke one on one, especially right at the beginning before he's trained by Batman or Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Knowing YJ verse, it wouldn't surprise me if they do a further two 5 year jumps over next two seasons should they get them. So if there's a season 5 we could have Damian as Robin alongside Dick's Batman. In any event I dont think Jason and Damian will play much of a role this season. With Jason I expect the next season and Damian the one after that.
    If they do that, I wonder who the rest of the cast would be. Most of the characters actually in Damian's generation are pretty new so I wouldn't expect them to be animated.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    In the comics Ra's wanted to use Damian as a vessel, so I'm not sure where you're getting that interpretation. And we don't see Damian happy before he met the Bats at all, he's just very confident and spoiled, not happy.

And big disagree on the Deathstroke thing. Damian shouldn't be able to beat Deathstroke one on one, especially right at the beginning before he's trained by Batman or Dick.
    Yes and his actual father dresses him in bright clothes and points him at crime even after he gt brutally killed he continues to do so but the big difference is that Ra's and Talia keep much closer tabs on Damian and god help anyone who tries to **** with him [Damian]

Ra's might be a mass murderer and Damian was conditioned but that does take away that they were a close and happy family unit even if that happiness wasn't real.

We were never told that Damian was unhappy. I just view it as a loss of ignorance. Damian gained awareness when he met the bats before that he thought he was happy. That is the point of conditioning.

Movie Slade isn't comic Slade so Damian can beat him all day long
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-12-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Yes and his actual father dresses him in bright clothes and points him at crime even after he gt brutally killed he continues to do so but the big difference is that Ra's and Talia keep much closer tabs on Damian and god help anyone who tries to **** with him [Damian]

Ra's might be a mass murderer and Damian was conditioned but that does take away that they were a close and happy family unit even if that happiness wasn't real.

We were never told that Damian was unhappy. I just view it as a loss of ignorance. Damian gained awareness when he met the bats before that he thought he was happy. That is the point of conditioning.

Movie Slade isn't comic Slade so Damian can beat him all day long
    I honestly don’t get what you’re talking about. Bruce “doesn’t dress” Damian as Robin, Damian wanted and chose to be one himself. He wore Jason’s Robin top when he first met Bruce. Dick might let Damian to be Robin but Damian later said becoming Robin is the best thing he’s ever had. He left your so-called “happy family” because he chose to be and side with what he himself thinks is the best for him. After that Bruce merely let him continue as Robin, which is something Damian was always eager to do based on Tomasi’s B&R, and worked alongside him. Even after Damian died, Damian continues to be Robin and was excited to do so with his then newly super power.
    Fighting crime is much better than all the training he’s had to do since birth, the killings, and the year of blood. His grandfather once wanted his body as a vessel. I still don’t see how it’s considered happy family but since you insist... and yet you said it yourself that the happiness wasn’t even real, means that it’s not happiness at all.
    Conditioning, or maybe ‘abuse’ one had but wasn’t aware of, is what I can agree with.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-12-2019 at 06:45 AM.

The insults and digs were a way to draw insecure childish fans who have never taken to Damian because he made them feel whatever. Suddenly they are buying Damian books showing how rubbish their reasons were to start with it.
    Oh no I don’t know how did you end up with this kind of thought. Buying and reading books of a certain character to find something to enjoy is not rubbish, reading a book of a certain character merely to find materials to diss that character is what rubbish reason is. You just can’t call those casual fans who ended up enjoying Super Sons and liking SS Damian with bad names just because they enjoyed and like things in it that you didn’t.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-12-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Damian doesn't have an ego he knows his worth. It is confidence gained after successive wins. Like a pro Athlete.

The insults and digs were a way to draw insecure childish fans who have never taken to Damian because he made them feel whatever. Suddenly they are buying Damian books showing how rubbish their reasons were to start with it. In the end it payed to Damian's advantage. It did jack to humble Damian and he emerged with a larger fanbase.

Insults don't humble egotistical people. Repeated failure might do but empty words without action wont make a dent.
    Damian has a big ego. He will have skills, but that does not change his arrogance.

I was a fan of Damian long before Super Sons, but I never had problems with the jokes to Damian in Super Sons.

PS: Insults affect egotistical people, since a lot of these people hide insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I honestly don’t get what you’re talking about. Bruce “doesn’t dress” Damian as Robin, Damian wanted and chose to be one himself. He wore Jason’s Robin top when he first met Bruce. Dick might let Damian to be Robin but Damian later said becoming Robin is the best thing he’s ever had. He left your so-called “happy family” because he chose to be and side with what he himself thinks is the best for him. After that Bruce merely let him continue as Robin, which is something Damian was always eager to do based on Tomasi’s B&R, and worked alongside him. Even after Damian died, Damian continues to be Robin and was excited to do so with his then newly super power.
    Fighting crime is much better than all the training he’s had to do since birth, the killings, and the year of blood. His grandfather once wanted his body as a vessel. I still don’t see how it’s considered happy family but since you insist... and yet you said it yourself that the happiness wasn’t even real, means that it’s not happiness at all.
    Conditioning, or maybe ‘abuse’ one had but wasn’t aware of, is what I can agree with.
    My 9 year old nephew wants to play fortnight 24/7 doesn't mean his parents let him. As much as we might enjoy reading Robin doesn't change that that is a pretty sick thing to do. Making Bruce a dude who takes advantage of young boys same as Ra's. Passing the responsibility onto the minor doesn't make it better.

All that training never got him killed. Robin did. Twice.

It was a happy families until he found out things could be better so if YJ gives us a conditioned happy families I don't mind.

Oh no I don’t know how did you end up with this kind of thought. Buying and reading books of a certain character to find something to enjoy is not rubbish, reading a book of a certain character merely to find materials to diss that character is what rubbish reason is. You just can’t call those casual fans who ended up enjoying Super Sons and liking SS Damian with bad names just because they enjoyed and like things in it that you didn’t.
    Anyone who comes out with tripe like humbling a kid via insults because they are confident about their capabilities really rubs me the wrong way.
    Anyone warming to a character because the character is getting insulted needs to stop and think

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Damian has a big ego. He will have skills, but that does not change his arrogance.

I was a fan of Damian long before Super Sons, but I never had problems with the jokes to Damian in Super Sons.

PS: Insults affect egotistical people, since a lot of these people hide insecurities.
    I will say it again Damian doesn't have a big ego he has confidence gained from success.You want to call that ego I don't agree.

I worded that wrong insults don't affect confident people whose skills have been proven time after time.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-12-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Eh, Damian and Jon razz each other quite a bit either way. Its just what friends do. Besides, they used to literally punch each other.

Though I think Damian having to deal with 2 Jons, and them unintentionally inspiring one another about drove him nuts. lol

if i came across insulting then i apologise. Insults are not good.

Anyone who comes out with tripe like humbling a kid via insults because they are confident about their capabilities really rubs me the wrong way.
    Anyone warming to a character because the character is getting insulted needs to stop and think.
    well if he’s actually getting insulted and he felt humiliated, Damian could just leave Jon away, Damian is the type of person knows what he does after all, but he didn’t. He even felt responsible for Jon and tried not to get him in a harm’s way. The latter is vice versa. That’s what people like more about Super Sons, it’s how the bond gradually built between them that get the fans warm up to each character, Damian included. As a result of being close friends, Jon and Damian “insult” each other and they both are aware that it’s just a joke and don’t mean it for real, they enjoy it in fact.
    I think every close dynamic Damian is a part of, only Jon the one who decides to actively respond Damian’s “insults” by doing the exact same thing. maybe it’s because Jon is younger than him and still literally an immature child. The rest are because they are older, they often be the bigger person and respond in the more mature way. This is probably why Damian seems like he often got the end of the stick when with Jon.

My 9 year old nephew wants to play fortnight 24/7 doesn't mean his parents let him. As much as we might enjoy reading Robin doesn't change that that is a pretty sick thing to do. Making Bruce a dude who takes advantage of young boys same as Ra's. Passing the responsibility onto the minor doesn't make it better.

All that training never got him killed. Robin did. Twice.

It was a happy families until he found out things could be better so if YJ gives us a conditioned happy families I don't mind.

You made an incomparable example to be honest. At the end of the day, I don’t say Batfam is an ideal happy family but is still a much better environment than the al Ghuls. At least it’s real and genuine, not conditioned in anyway.
    Don’t mind Talia and Damian playing happy family but if Ra’s included like in SoB movie it’s just weird, cause in comics he thinks of his grandson as nothing but vessel and/or disappointment. Talia is much more genuine despite whatever she had done.

You made an incomparable example to be honest. At the end of the day, I don’t say Batfam is an ideal happy family but is still a much better environment than the al Ghuls. At least it’s real and genuine, not conditioned in anyway.
    Don’t mind Talia and Damian playing happy family but if Ra’s included like in SoB movie it’s just weird, cause in comics he thinks of his grandson as nothing but vessel and/or disappointment. Talia is much more genuine despite whatever she had done.
    Look fanafan you do you. I've never liked the concept of Robin. Bruce as far as I'm concerned is a monster. He is just like those War lords. I think he is a very bad man. And I'm not even going to open the can of worms on Bruce's REAL emotions. Ra's, Talia and Bruce are people who take advantage of the vulnerable and those who love them They are comparable.

Ra's might think of Damian as a vessel much better than a mum who just sees him as a way of getting Batman's D or a tool. She cares so much that twice Damian died while she argued with Bruce. They are all as bad as each other if anyone is worse then Talia is the worst because she initiates all the hurt. Who put Slade inside the little kid? Damian never Died when Ra's was alive

well if he’s actually getting insulted and he felt humiliated, Damian could just leave Jon away, Damian is the type of person knows what he does after all, but he didn’t. He even felt responsible for Jon and tried not to get him in a harm’s way. The latter is vice versa. That’s what people like more about Super Sons, it’s how the bond gradually built between them that get the fans warm up to each character, Damian included. As a result of being close friends, Jon and Damian “insult” each other and they both are aware that it’s just a joke and don’t mean it for real, they enjoy it in fact.
    I think every close dynamic Damian is a part of, only Jon the one who decides to actively respond Damian’s “insults” by doing the exact same thing. maybe it’s because Jon is younger than him and still literally an immature child. The rest are because they are older, they often be the bigger person and respond in the more mature way. This is probably why Damian seems like he often got the end of the stick when with Jon.
    You enjoy and interpret your fiction how you want fan fan I'm done on this. This is the 3rd time I'm having this discussion . I'm done

I see it as Jon is 10 and desperate to prove himself in Damian's eyes. It's clear he views Damian as a role model. and someone worth emulating. There are jokes at Damian's expense. Childish jokes which Damian doesn't rise to and we see Jon quoting Damian and acting like Damian.

A common theme with Damian where team mates act rip him to his face then copy him or do something ti show that they do want his approval behind his back. Wallace does that too.

The jokes have toned down significantly these day though.