Page 151 of 272 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Dick is Damian's other Parent

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Dick is Damian's other Parent

HAHAHAHAHAHA..

Better mother than the other 2.. Specially than Talia..

I heard that in the old continuity Damian trained during 8 years with people from the league before know his own mother.. Talia only toke care of him during 2 years before give him to Bruce..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-16-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm a sucker for all of them. I like relationship drama in teen comics. I wouldn't mind Damian getting a girl friend. It'd be hilarious with his people skills.

PS.

You forgot Raven from the animated Universe.
    I don't think so, the reason some Bruce ends up alone is due to pushing people away. Damian unlike Bruce works harder at maintaining relationships. Its interesting that two futures show Damian as married or just having a child Kingdom Come and the future in super sons.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I don't think so, the reason some Bruce ends up alone is due to pushing people away. Damian unlike Bruce works harder at maintaining relationships. Its interesting that two futures show Damian as married or just having a child Kingdom Come and the future in super sons.
    Damian pushes people away more than Bruce. Aside from Dick Grayson who else has Damian ever really taken into his confidence or trusts? No one. Not Colin, not Jon, not Alfred No one.

Bruce pushes people away Damian doesn't let people in and even those who have managed to get a little close are still at an arms length.

Bruce at least had some happy healthy relationships to guide him Damian has none. Everywhere you look it's messed up for him. he doesn't have one wholesome role model. he doesn't even know what normal is. Damian only just a few months ago learnt that you don't kidnap people you want to work with.
    he doesn't know what personal space or privacy is. he believes it's his right to spy on people. Bruce is a 1000 times better at maintaining relationships than Damian.

Pray tell what relationship has Damian maintained?

Batman 666
    batman Beyond
    Batman Generations
    The Just
    Batman 700
    TTOT

Damian is married on one world and has a kid in one future but alone in all these worlds. There's also the Rebirth JL world where he's batman but unconfirmed whether he's single or married.

i don't know where or why you have the impression that Damian is better at maintaining relationships when we have no evidence of this and lots of evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Depending on how you define Damian & Dick’s relationship, Damian getting together with Mari means he’d either be sleeping with his sister or his niece. They may not be related in that universe but they would be in the main one.

So yeah, personally I’m not a fan of that particular pairing on principle more than anything.
    That's the problem. I view Dick and Damian as a parallel to Dick and Bruce. brother/parent. Dick is more than just a brother to Damian. He's a surrogate father but I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Come and the Ibn/Mari relationship.

Maybe it's the idea that no matter the world those two [Dick and Damian] will always end up family.

Fantastic Member

Damian pushes people away more than Bruce. Aside from Dick Grayson who else has Damian ever really taken into his confidence or trusts? No one. Not Colin, not Jon, not Alfred No one.

Bruce pushes people away Damian doesn't let people in and even those who have managed to get a little close are still at an arms length.

Bruce at least had some happy healthy relationships to guide him Damian has none. Everywhere you look it's messed up for him. he doesn't have one wholesome role model. he doesn't even know what normal is. Damian only just a few months ago learnt that you don't kidnap people you want to work with.
    he doesn't know what personal space or privacy is. he believes it's his right to spy on people. Bruce is a 1000 times better at maintaining relationships than Damian.

Pray tell what relationship has Damian maintained?

Batman 666
    batman Beyond
    Batman Generations
    The Just
    Batman 700
    TTOT

Damian is married on one world and has a kid in one future but alone in all these worlds. There's also the Rebirth JL world where he's batman but unconfirmed whether he's single or married.

i don't know where or why you have the impression that Damian is better at maintaining relationships when we have no evidence of this and lots of evidence to the contrary.
    I think I did not explain well. I never viewed any of these futures except for Beyond and generations as Damian. The majority I thought was his clone. I just meant to say I think Damian is more likely to maintain relationships because of seeing Bruce's mistakes and having Dick's influence. Although, I feel like the 666 future is almost the default ending for the his character when I can't see it happening anymore.

Damian is works hard at maintaining relationships with Grayson, his father and his pets. Those are the only ones one could argue but those are only recent.

Damian is a child so it's difficult to say that he works hard to maintain relationships with the people he depends on. he is learning to get along with people but bruce also gets along with people.

Damian is still growing and evolving. We don't know what or who he'll become we can only guess based on his folks [he shares traits with both] and environmental influences.

The two Wayne's share a lot of negative and antisocial traits but Bruce has the edge in that Bruce doesn't have all the fuckrey that shaped Damian's formative years.

Bruce wasn't surrounded/poisoned by toxicity that is Damian's conditioned response's and world view. He wasn't raised to be the next Alexander the Great nor was he raised to view human life as disposable where you have to literally kill to get ahead.
    Bruce wasn't taught that people aren't equal or that women are harlots.

Bruce before Alfred didn't have harmful parents living a harmful lifestyle and teaching him harmful habits. We are products of our environment and share DNA with our parents. Those are the things that shapes us and determine who we become and how we relate/react with others.

Nature v Nurture either way the odds are stacked against Damian.

Sure Damian is working extra hard unlearning bad habits and changing his world view. He's done a wonderful job so far but he's still very much a work in progress.

Not to mention that he's just swapped one dodgy role model for another.

Bruce is better than Talia but still bad. Everything that Damian is doing right now. All he's questionable behaviour and habits are picked up directly from his father. The lying to TM, the using other people, the being Cruel. Everything that Alfred accused Damian of doing in TT are the very thing's Bruce is doing.

The only difference is that Bruce is acting out because he was dumped while Damian is acting out because he was force to watch an entire Planet die and they failed to save them.

I just don't think that he has much hope.

Sorry that got away from me and turned into a rant.

My dream ending for Damian is a mix of batman 700, Batman Beyond, JL#25 and Supersons.

DamiBat rescues and trains Terry, takes over the LOA turning them into a Global Force for good with Jon then he marries has kids and retires to live out his old age babysitting his grand-kids with Jon.

I think I did not explain well. I never viewed any of these futures except for Beyond and generations as Damian. The majority I thought was his clone. I just meant to say I think Damian is more likely to maintain relationships because of seeing Bruce's mistakes and having Dick's influence. Although, I feel like the 666 future is almost the default ending for the his character when I can't see it happening anymore.
    Interesting. I never considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA..

Better mother than the other 2.. Specially than Talia..

I heard that in the old continuity Damian trained during 8 years with people from the league before know his own mother.. Talia only toke care of him during 2 years before give him to Bruce..
    That's whack. however you look at it Talia hasn't been the best mum. Damian and Jason got the bad deal when it comes to mums.

The Damian and Jon friendship kind of got iced because of Bendis taking over the Super books and shipping Jon into space almost immediately to get aged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Damian and Jon friendship kind of got iced because of Bendis taking over the Super books and shipping Jon into space almost immediately to get aged up.
    Did I get the wrong idea or is Jon getting shipped off to join Legion?

Fantastic Member

That's my dream ending too. Batman Beyond right now I feel like would totally do that ending. Especially, with Damian now making up with Bruce. I never thought the 666 future would ever happen. It is the ending that would happen if Damian never got character development beyond Batman and Son. I never think of Damian having a bad ending because I always felt the point of the character was to raise this young boy to not only not make the same mistakes as his father but, to also to surpass him someday. But, then again that's what alternate futures are for you can have whatever ending you want in comics.

Fantastic Member

My sister follows Legion more closely than me and she was telling me it does not look like Jon's going to the Legion, but more likely Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Did I get the wrong idea or is Jon getting shipped off to join Legion?
    So far, we don't know.

Although it's pretty likely Jon will join to the Legion, we don't know if he will be in the future permanently.

It's possible Jon will go and return from the future (like young Clark in "Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes").

That's my dream ending too. Batman Beyond right now I feel like would totally do that ending. Especially, with Damian now making up with Bruce. I never thought the 666 future would ever happen. It is the ending that would happen if Damian never got character development beyond Batman and Son. I never think of Damian having a bad ending because I always felt the point of the character was to raise this young boy to not only not make the same mistakes as his father but, to also to surpass him someday. But, then again that's what alternate futures are for you can have whatever ending you want in comics.
    It did seem like Jurgens was heading that way with like you say Damian and Bruce making up. Damian giving Terry his blessing as THE Batman and then Damian went off to change the LOA.

And then SuperSons gave us that gem of a Damian having a grand kid.

That would be ideal but you know how DC is. 666 was harsh enough but then Tec gave us it's version of another bad future where Tim tries to kill Damian.

DC has a hard for making Robins bad for angst purposes but Damian is about overcoming and changing ones destiny.