Page 154 of 272 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Jason never spontaneously developing red hair and Scarlet never existing post FP would suggest those stories didn't happen.

That's not to say that ALL of Dick and Damian's time as B-man and Robin was erased, but perhaps those particular stories were. Or maybe the broad strokes of them are canon but modified to fit the current versions of the characters involved.
    where does it say that Scarlet never existed or that Jason never had red hair never went to jail or was never antagonistic towards dick and Damian? we know the conflict with Pyg still happened. we know inc still happened and that had Damian's replacement spine play a very important role.

are you just picking and choosing? I know some fans aren't very fond of red haired Jason but do we have any stories to support the fact that that part of the run has been erased when other parts of the same story has been carried over.

I mean in the story of Pyg post FP who said Scarlet never was a thing?
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-18-2019 at 12:11 PM.

So Jason has never in fact beaten Damian in combat making what happened in TT even more of an OCC asspull and rubbish writing worse than Damian defeating Deathstroke.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    where does it say that Scarlet never existed or that Jason never had red hair never went to jail or was never antagonistic towards dick and Damian? we know the conflict with Pyg still happened. we know inc still happened and that had Damian's replacement spine play a very important role.

are you just picking and choosing? I know some fans aren't very fond of red haired Jason but do we have any stories to support the fact that that part of the run has been erased when other parts of the same story has been carried over.

There's been 80+ issues of a Red Hood book and various appearances in other books since the reboot yet there hasn't been a single a reference to Jason ever having red hair, to ever knowing a scarlet or even a scarlet ever existing. There have been multiple flashbacks that show Jason pre-robin and his hair is black in every single one of them. Until I see something that suggests otherwise, I have no reason to believe that version of Jason ever existed which means I have no reason to believe those stories involving that version of the character are canon either.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

RHatO #14. Artemis asks Pyg if he has ever met Red Hood and Pyg answers "In Continuity? No." I'm also pretty sure that Jason says at some point in RHatO that Kory and Roy were his first teammates.
    Don't you think he'd mention Scarlet if she had ever existed in current continuity? And how is Jason's hair supposed to suddenly turn red? There are enough panels of baby Jason with black hair.

Jason was retconned out of the Batman: Cult story. It's normal to change some stories. Is it really that far off if writers decide to retcon stories that weren't liked by fans of the character? Especially since Jason's character was misused often enough in the past in favor of the other Robins.
    Jason's character isn't necessary for Dickbats and new Robin Damian. There are enough other characters that can be used as punching bags so that 10-year old Damian can have his glory moments.

Why does it always come down to this? Why do people from the Damian and Dick fanbase always take stories in which Jason's character was obviously pushed down to elevate Damian and Dick and use that moments as proof for Damian and Dick being way superior to Jason? Can't we all enjoy the characters we like without bashing others? Why is the comic scene so toxic?

That's drake next to Duke in the superman shirt.

Why did lobo kill his sons I wonder?
    You are right. I didnīt saw him when I posted the comment.

I didnīt know that the people was affected like that for see Jason defeating Damian..

Seems that I am the person that most enjoys the current TT here.. I think that if you saw this you will enjoy this a little.. During all this run SS was out.. TT was not the only comic with Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-18-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So Jason has never in fact beaten Damian in combat making what happened in TT even more of an OCC asspull and rubbish writing worse than Damian defeating Deathstroke.
    Have Jason and Damian even ever had a "proper" fight before post Flashpoint? The only ones that come to mind involve Damian jumping Jason (the time where Damian fought his way through the robins to prove he's the superior robin and Teen Titans annual 1) but I may be forgetting some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    RHatO #14. Artemis asks Pyg if he has ever met Red Hood and Pyg answers "In Continuity? No." I'm also pretty sure that Jason says at some point in RHatO that Kory and Roy were his first teammates.
    Don't you think he'd mention Scarlet if she had ever existed in current continuity? And how is Jason's hair supposed to suddenly turn red? There are enough panels of baby Jason with black hair.

Jason was retconned out of the Batman: Cult story. It's normal to change some stories. Is it really that far off if writers decide to retcon stories that weren't liked by fans of the character? Especially since Jason's character was misused often enough in the past in favor of the other Robins.
    Jason's character isn't necessary for Dickbats and new Robin Damian. There are enough other characters that can be used as punching bags so that 10-year old Damian can have his glory moments.

Why does it always come down to this? Why do people from the Damian and Dick fanbase always take stories in which Jason's character was obviously pushed down to elevate Damian and Dick and use that moments as proof for Damian and Dick being way superior to Jason? Can't we all enjoy the characters we like without bashing others? Why is the comic scene so toxic?

Wait what!? Don't k now what set you off but the only one around here being toxic is you. I don't know what you are on about in the last part. How is me saying that Jason beat Damian at combat a way of elevating or showing superiority?

You need to leave your issues at the door and stick to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Have Jason and Damian even ever had a "proper" fight before post Flashpoint? The only ones that come to mind involve Damian jumping Jason (the time where Damian fought his way through the robins to prove he's the superior robin and Teen Titans annual 1) but I may be forgetting some.
    Yes they did in Robin War. That's post FP right?

You need to contact the writers. They are the ones who insist on having Jason fight kids and threaten to kill innocent kids. That is something Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne have never done.

The writers are the ones who elevate those two and make them superior. From Morrision, to Tomasi, to Glass To King to I forget the guy who wrote convergence. They are the ones having a grown man fight and threaten underage and innocent kids not the fan base.

Whatever's canon Jason did fight a 13 year old and threaten to kill kids who had zero beef with him in Rebirth. That one we can all agree one right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You need to contact the writers. They are the ones who insist on having Jason fight kids and threaten to kill innocent kids. That is something Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne have never done.

The writers are the ones who elevate those two and make them superior. From Morrision, to Tomasi, to Glass To King to I forget the guy who wrote convergence. They are the ones having a grown man fight and threaten underage and innocent kids not the fan base.

Whatever's canon Jason did fight a 13 year old and threaten to kill kids who had zero beef with him in Rebirth. That one we can all agree one right?
    Dude knock i9t off. This is an Appreciation thread can we not do this

Yes they did in Robin War. That's post FP right?
    Did they? Haven't read it since it was published so I'll have to re-read it before I can comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    You are right. I didnīt saw him when I posted the comment.

I didnīt know that the people was affected like that for see Jason defeating Damian..

Seems that I am the person that most enjoys the current TT here.. I think that if you saw this you will enjoy this a little.. During all this run SS was out.. TT was not the only comic with Damian..
    I do enjoy the current TT. I have sonme issues with it but for the most part I enjoy it.

I don't have much issue with Jason beating Damian except that I think the story was done badly. We didn't get to see them working together much nor were we given much reason to justify Damian suspecting Jason of betrayal. There's a huge chunk of the story missing.

I also had issues with Jason who was supposed be a kid friendly beating a kid he reached out to in the 1st place so badly even carrying on when the kid wasn't fighting anymore. It was on par or worse than what Bruce did to Jason. maybe that is the point. Maybe the writer was trying to say something about Jason's mental health or feeling for Bruce and him using Damian as a surrogate for the Wayne he can't smack down.
    I don't know I just wish we had gotten more meat.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Wait what!? Don't k now what set you off but the only one around here being toxic is you. I don't know what you are on about in the last part. How is me saying that Jason beat Damian at combat a way of elevating or showing superiority?

You need to leave your issues at the door and stick to the topic at hand.
    The part in bold wasn't about you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    I do like Damian, and I do like appreciation threads - but I'd prefer it if appreciation threads were used for appreciation.

All this Robin-on-Robin fan war stuff is a cover created by DC to distract people from realizing Bruce is an abusive parent to his kids. That's my truth and nobody can convince me otherwise.
    I do enjoy the current TT. I have sonme issues with it but for the most part I enjoy it.

I don't have much issue with Jason beating Damian except that I think the story was done badly. We didn't get to see them working together much nor were we given much reason to justify Damian suspecting Jason of betrayal. There's a huge chunk of the story missing.

I also had issues with Jason who was supposed be a kid friendly beating a kid he reached out to in the 1st place so badly even carrying on when the kid wasn't fighting anymore. It was on par or worse than what Bruce did to Jason. maybe that is the point. Maybe the writer was trying to say something about Jason's mental health or feeling for Bruce and him using Damian as a surrogate for the Wayne he can't smack down.
    I don't know I just wish we had gotten more meat.
    Yeah I think the Jason-Damian partnership was the most disappointing aspect so far of a fairly enjoyable TT run largely due to the fact that it was so underdeveloped. I honestly wish the entire annual was solely focused on that so that we could of gotten some proper context to what was going on instead of trying to piece it together ourselves with the little crumbs we've been given so far.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 06-18-2019 at 01:43 PM.

The part in bold wasn't about you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    I do like Damian, and I do like appreciation threads - but I'd prefer it if appreciation threads were used for appreciation.
    No worries mate. You are right Appreciation Threads should just be that.