Page 16 of 272 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Well YJ just introduced both Damian and Jason.
    That is unexpected and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That is unexpected and quick.
    Well, Damian looks to be less than a year old, so we're still a ways from him donning the Robin outfit. Jason though, well, YJ just set up a very interesting subplot.

Only shame is, is that we don't know what kind of friendships and what not he had in the Team before he died. Though one can assume he and Dick has a better relationship than comic versions, with the whole setup of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Damian looks to be less than a year old, so we're still a ways from him donning the Robin outfit. Jason though, well, YJ just set up a very interesting subplot.

Only shame is, is that we don't know what kind of friendships and what not he had in the Team before he died. Though one can assume he and Dick has a better relationship than comic versions, with the whole setup of the series.
    My guess is that after the next time skip he will be main cast. We already know he will be aged up super quick because Tim is a teenager now I don't see him being mid 20's when Damian takes Robin so Damian isn't ageing the natural way.

Yes the team and family seem much harmonious so can see Dick and Jason having a better relationship which isn't really that interesting. I like the tension.

I am happy to see the two. The Robins with extra pep. I hope at least Jason gets some focus this season.
    This season is over run with characters I don't care for so it would be nice to have more character's I actually want to watch get screen time.
    Thankfully the original cast [what's left] seems to be focus so far unlike season 2
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-13-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Look fanafan you do you. I've never liked the concept of Robin. Bruce as far as I'm concerned is a monster. He is just like those War lords. I think he is a very bad man. And I'm not even going to open the can of worms on Bruce's REAL emotions. Ra's, Talia and Bruce are people who take advantage of the vulnerable and those who love them They are comparable.
    I see so that’s your main problem and why you think that way. I get it we agree to disagree. It’s not ideal but no matter what I still think the Bats are a much better environment than the al Ghuls. The most ideal situation for Damian is the Son of Demon where baby Damian was put into an adoption and seemed to be adopted by a normal family far away from assassins and fighting crimes.
    Sure Talia is the worst mother I do agree despite her fans desperately want to say the opposite, but she still genuinely cared for him. Meanwhile if it isn’t about vessel or disappoinment, then Ra’s is indiferrent. But I guess that indiferrence can be called a blessing in disguise.

About Super Sons, I get that you don’t like some parts of it. Sometimes I also have a problem with some jokes Tomasi wrote and think it’s surely getting old (especially the part where Damian brags he can do the impossible and now even Tomasi had written Alfred saying Damian could do an operation although we have never seen him do things like that before) and other than that sometimes I also feel like other Damian comics are under appreciated because of Super Sons (at the moment I like the current TT much more than AoSS because I love how Glass write Damian but it’s just not appreciated much sadly), however I still love it as a whole and we definitely have different view about their dynamic so let’s just agree to disagree again.

It’s just that I have a problem with you looking down on those Super Sons fans because they enjoy it the way you don’t. It’s getting personal for me because I have a few friends who are a big Super Sons fans, one is already a big fan of Damian and the rest found Damian because of Super Sons. Sorry if I continue this although you’ve said you’re done with it. Let’s end this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I see it as Jon is 10 and desperate to prove himself in Damian's eyes. It's clear he views Damian as a role model. and someone worth emulating. There are jokes at Damian's expense. Childish jokes which Damian doesn't rise to and we see Jon quoting Damian and acting like Damian.

A common theme with Damian where team mates act rip him to his face then copy him or do something ti show that they do want his approval behind his back. Wallace does that too.

The jokes have toned down significantly these day though.
    I think so too. Jon definitely looks up to Damian. Jon was never a kid who throws jokes like that until he met and interacted with Damian. He basically does the same jokes to Damian the way he does back to him, and it was ugly at the beginning but as the grew closer it’s become anything but harmful and insulting.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.

I don’t pick up YJ show because I don’t watch the previous seasons as well and I’m not sure I’m going to without actually watching the previous ones to understand the whole story and dynamic, but since Damian has appeared (even only as a baby)... However since he’s only a baby and in animation verse Damian wouldn’t actually make a proper appearance to meet the Bats for the first time until he’s at least 10 like in the comics, how much of a chance baby Damian will appear again in later episodes? Because I don’t think he will ever have a certain role unless they age him up or there’s a time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I don’t pick up YJ show because I don’t watch the previous seasons as well and I’m not sure I’m going to without actually watching the previous ones to understand the whole story and dynamic, but since Damian has appeared (even only as a baby)... However since he’s only a baby and in animation verse Damian wouldn’t actually make a proper appearance to meet the Bats for the first time until he’s at least 10 like in the comics, how much of a chance baby Damian will appear again in later episodes? Because I don’t think he will ever have a certain role unless they age him up or there’s a time skip.
    Well, with the way they've had little cameos for future members before, I'd say there's a high chance of him appearing in either the second half of this season, or season 4.

But seriously, this is a really good overall series. Each season adds new characters and dynamics, while still keeping the focus on the core group. Its honestly probably the best balanced most of the characters have been in years.

I forget if it was still true Post-Crisis or just a New 52 thing to accommodate the five year timeline, but didn't they artificially speed Damian's growth to some degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget if it was still true Post-Crisis or just a New 52 thing to accommodate the five year timeline, but didn't they artificially speed Damian's growth to some degree?
    According to Bruce during the arc when he was searching for Damian's body, Talia did speed up Damian's growth process at some point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    During that time, he was in an incubator/pod sort of thing. YJ? Nope. At least not yet.

And, on a different note, Bendis aged Jon up to 17.

Super Sons was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I see so that’s your main problem and why you think that way. I get it we agree to disagree. It’s not ideal but no matter what I still think the Bats are a much better environment than the al Ghuls. The most ideal situation for Damian is the Son of Demon where baby Damian was put into an adoption and seemed to be adopted by a normal family far away from assassins and fighting crimes.
    Sure Talia is the worst mother I do agree despite her fans desperately want to say the opposite, but she still genuinely cared for him. Meanwhile if it isn’t about vessel or disappoinment, then Ra’s is indiferrent. But I guess that indiferrence can be called a blessing in disguise.

About Super Sons, I get that you don’t like some parts of it. Sometimes I also have a problem with some jokes Tomasi wrote and think it’s surely getting old (especially the part where Damian brags he can do the impossible and now even Tomasi had written Alfred saying Damian could do an operation although we have never seen him do things like that before) and other than that sometimes I also feel like other Damian comics are under appreciated because of Super Sons (at the moment I like the current TT much more than AoSS because I love how Glass write Damian but it’s just not appreciated much sadly), however I still love it as a whole and we definitely have different view about their dynamic so let’s just agree to disagree again.

It’s just that I have a problem with you looking down on those Super Sons fans because they enjoy it the way you don’t. It’s getting personal for me because I have a few friends who are a big Super Sons fans, one is already a big fan of Damian and the rest found Damian because of Super Sons. Sorry if I continue this although you’ve said you’re done with it. Let’s end this.

At least we can agree on this. That I am critical isn't to say I didn't love/ don't love the series.

During that time, he was in an incubator/pod sort of thing. YJ? Nope. At least not yet.

And, on a different note, Bendis aged Jon up to 17.

Super Sons was fun while it lasted.

Well crap. Is Jon back with his folks now?
    I was hoping for big bro lil bro relationship [similar to Dick and Damian] between Conner and Jon but I suppose interactions as age-mates is still something to look forward to.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Well crap. Is Jon back with his folks now?
    Yep. And apparently everything that happened till now, took place in a 3 week time span.

Yep. And apparently everything that happened till now, took place in a 3 week time span.
    It would be great if we got to see that adventure. Maybe a Superboy mini or he can spill to Damian.

It would be great if we got to see that adventure. Maybe a Superboy mini or he can spill to Damian.
    Other than 1 line, I think, in the 1000 special, I don't think Bendis has even acknowledged the two are friends, or even know one another. And apparently, Bendis is going to tell the story of Jon and Jor-El (the same one that instigated a number of terrorist actions) as they come across the Crime Syndicate, and Jon magically ages 7 years in 3 weeks. And throwing Jon in a war. All for the sake of shock value.

Other than 1 line, I think, in the 1000 special, I don't think Bendis has even acknowledged the two are friends, or even know one another. And apparently, Bendis is going to tell the story of Jon and Jor-El (the same one that instigated a number of terrorist actions) as they come across the Crime Syndicate, and Jon magically ages 7 years in 3 weeks. And throwing Jon in a war. All for the sake of shock value.
    Oh I don't want nor expect it to come from Bendis. Just wishing out loud.

well consider me shocked but it's such a waste. Young Jon was a breathe of fresh air and something different. I'm gonna miss his naivety and a kid just being a kid.

Hopefully it's not permanent. I really liked the super family we had in Rebirth.