Page 175 of 272 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4078

I really hate that Jarro wearing ROBIN costume

Damian appeared in today batman issue.. Or at least one version that doesn´t care about nothing and only wants to act.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-07-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I really hate that Jarro wearing ROBIN costume

Damian appeared in today batman issue.. Or at least one version that doesn´t care about nothing and only wants to act.
    Yeah, I saw it too. Damian loves Alfred, but King can't be bothered to read up on the characters he's writing again.

Another thing: Spoiled? Come on. Arrogant I would buy, but Damian isn't really spoiled. He has two rich parents, but neither of them ever spoiled him with affection or anything important really. Bruce didn't even show up to his last birthday and didn't bother to at least get a present or a card for his kid.

Talking about Damian and Alfred:

DCeased 4 Damian wayne robin alfred.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
    I think I might find Jarro wanting to be Robin funnier if Bruce wasn't failing all the children he already has right now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Yeah, I saw it too. Damian loves Alfred, but King can't be bothered to read up on the characters he's writing again.

Another thing: Spoiled? Come on. Arrogant I would buy, but Damian isn't really spoiled. He has two rich parents, but neither of them ever spoiled him with affection or anything important really. Bruce didn't even show up to his last birthday and didn't bother to at least get a present or a card for his kid.
    Well, you know Tom King did reference the pearl Damian spent weeks searching for in his Eisner Award winning annual that gets worse and more nonsensical on each read (I really didn't like the movie it's based on either, and have never read Nichols Sparks, so I am a bit prejudiced). So he's vaguely aware of the much beloved Batman and Robin series that was a bestseller without any shilling, marketing, or constant promotion. Of course he did excise Damian entirely from that annual and under outrage of fans claimed that it wasn't actually Jean Paul Valley but Damian in the death scene.

Right now all that matters to Tom King is a) Batman loves Catwoman and no one else, and b)proving that BatCat is the best thing ever, and c) he's still a fan favorite writer despite the continual drop in sales that has necessitated the inclusion of Damian in his books.

Which means that Damian fans need to rally and do what they did with B&R Eternal: don't buy, and write hostile emails, tweets, and other posts about how bad this issue was, and it's piss poor writing because Jesus, it's impossible to believe this is the man who write Omega Men and cowrote Grayson.

Reading Tom King's work is like reading Go Set a Watchman and To Kill a Mockingbird together, except for Watchman is fascinating because you can see that Lee clearly has talent and needed an editor to guide her plus the intelligence to accept that, whereas King's Batman is someone on the opposite path, someone who doesn't listen to his characters or story.

Or to put another way, it's like watching Game of Thrones and realizing when D&D became the writers with little input from George RR.

It's pretty bad when someone of my generation regrets pirating a comic as I will never get those ten minutes of my life back. But never fear, King fans and critics will rave over how brilliant and beautiful it was, and I admit the colors were pretty. Daniel's art was alright, but he's done better.

I haven't read the issue, and I'll honestly try to get my own idea about it, but from what I've read about Damian involvement, I feared he was rash, impulsive and uncaring for Alfred well-being. I'll see if I'm right or not when I'll get to read the issue proper.

But considering that King agreed to have the whole first page just be a sexy shot of Catwoman, I can tell I'm not exactly anticipating a great issue...

Yikes. And I used to compliment King as one of the few writers who actually could write a good post-RSOB Damian. Way to let me down again, Tom.

Incredible Member

I hate jarro with all my heart.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    All of those are professional-grade if they're not already. Someone needs to notify DC we have a new variant artist

Honestly, reading the spoilers of King's run before the issue does a great deal to help me avoid rage and disgust. Even his portrayal of Damian didn't shock me, it just left me sad for poor ol' Robin.

I really hope that whoever comes after this mess won't try to have Damian and his dad patch things up. At this point, if I were Damian and considering that it'll be all about Selina saving Bruce in the coming issues, I would drop the Robin mantle and forge ahead a new destiny...

Mosameen

King is trying to promote and sell his next BatCat comic by using his current run. After the regular decline in his run's sales he is worried that his loyal BatCat fans will lose interest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    King is trying to promote and sell his next BatCat comic by using his current run. After the regular decline in his run's sales he is worried that his loyal BatCat fans will lose interest.
    Am I the only one who is a bit irritated by batcat fans who cling to this run, because they think their ship will get a happy ever after? I know it's not unlikely that Bruce and Selina will be married or at least be together after all of this is over, but do they really believe it will stay that way forever? Even when a batman story has a happy ending, you can bet that the next writer will create a new problem, a new tragedy, to tell a new story. I don't see this working for long, especially with Dan Didio running DC.