Page 182 of 272 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4078

Really does suck the way the Batfamily has been fucked over in this run (Damian in particular) because when he tries, King really does do a pretty decent job with them. That scene of them in burger joint together. That scene where they find out Bruce and Selina were engaged. Those were all pretty good (though, I do think Damian immediately crying when he found out they were going to see Talia was a bit much. Come to think of it...in the 13 years he's been a character in these books, has this kid ever cried? Ever?).

I've seen enough of King's writing to know he's capable of writing more than BatCat drama. So the fact that he doesn't is really infuriating. Especially since I was REALLY enjoying this run at first. Sure it dragged in certain spots but anything that didn't involve Bane was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Really does suck the way the Batfamily has been fucked over in this run (Damian in particular) because when he tries, King really does do a pretty decent job with them. That scene of them in burger joint together. That scene where they find out Bruce and Selina were engaged. Those were all pretty good (though, I do think Damian immediately crying when he found out they were going to see Talia was a bit much. Come to think of it...in the 13 years he's been a character in these books, has this kid ever cried? Ever?).

I've seen enough of King's writing to know he's capable of writing more than BatCat drama. So the fact that he doesn't is really infuriating. Especially since I was REALLY enjoying this run at first. Sure it dragged in certain spots but anything that didn't involve Bane was enjoyable.

I think he's slightly tearing up here. That line below his eye might be a tear. In R:SoB, he also teared up when Maya gave him back his insignia. He's had some moments, but they were very, VERY important. Damian almost never cries, even if crying is a natural thing at his age. It really remarks the importance of the situation to him, emotionally. So yeah, that one scene? I think it wasn't as necessary. Everyone's reactions were also not my cup of tea. If ever you see a kid crying, regardless of his background, will you try to look clever and make a joke to remark that he never cries or actually act like you're written properly and try to help?

And yeah, King can be a very good writer. I don't get what the conditions must be for him to write a good comic, but he definitely can get to do it. This run started well, some funny arcs, some nice family moments, overall, I thought it'd kind of work like some kind of spiritual sequel to Snyder's run's last issue. You know, the kind of Batman everyone likes. Then it quickly downgraded. I think two issues after the marriage fiasco I quickly understood that everything was starting to fall down. The idea of Martha being revived was so good. Something absolutely no one had ever tried before. And then it ended. Poof. I sincerely can't understand why King writes his run like this as of now, but I'll never be invested in it anymore.

Incredible Member

cgwukmi49bybkmfdahae.jpg

He's crying here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    cgwukmi49bybkmfdahae.jpg

He's crying here too.
    How in the absolute **** did I forget about this? He wasnt just lightly tearing up like in the other examples. The poor kid a whole breakdown xD

Incredible Member

20190606_091915.jpg

I'm not sure if he's crying in this or if it's just the rain, but he definitely has enough reasons to cry here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    cgwukmi49bybkmfdahae.jpg

He's crying here too.
    Ah, yes. I also completely forgot about this one lol. Goliath's face in the third panel is absolutely adorable. R:SoB was truly something. You really can tell when a writer actually likes the characters he's writing and cares about their development.

Incredible Member

2chmp40d75n11.jpg
    That happened in Bruce's mind (...I think. I don't remember the context)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur IV View Post
    Ah, yes. I also completely forgot about this one lol. Goliath's face in the third panel is absolutely adorable. R:SoB was truly something. You really can tell when a writer actually likes the characters he's writing and cares about their development.
    So true. Tomasi and Gleason both REALLY care about this character more than any other writer that I've seen work on him, and it shows. It's one of the reasons I was excited to see Tomasi writing Tec.

Incredible Member

20190819_192200.jpg

I think that was the Batman and Robin tie-in to death of the family. Damian didn't want to fight someone he thought was his dad.

Incredible Member

There’s a reddit post of Batman 77 leaked. If what happens is what I think happens then mods gon have to watch this thread hard on Wed. I can see some hate flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    There’s a reddit post of Batman 77 leaked. If what happens is what I think happens then mods gon have to watch this thread hard on Wed. I can see some hate flowing.
    Yup, it could be crazy and not in a good way. So glad I stopped buying issues of Batman again (I'll read my friend's copy of #77 to confirm this "rumor" though)
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

From the Reddit responses there doesn't seem to be any Damian hate despite Dark Crusader25 best efforts at trying to get redditors to jump o n Damian. Hopefully it's not what some hope happens that happens

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    From the Reddit responses there doesn't seem to be any Damian hate despite Dark Crusader25 best efforts at trying to get redditors to jump o n Damian. Hopefully if what happens happens fans will react the same way. Blame king and see it as temp
    True that in my reply I was thinking of hatred directed towards King (arguably rightly) rather than hatred directed towards Damian.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True that in my reply I was thinking of hatred directed towards King (arguably rightly) rather than hatred directed towards Damian.
    All the same I hope what fans are speculating does n't happen . How much shock ca n one man pack into a run? Bruce really doesn't need anymore angst.

I thought King was going to give us happy Batman. I just wish King stops bending characters into what they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    All the same I hope what fans are speculating does n't happen . How much shock ca n one man pack into a run? Bruce really doesn't need anymore angst.

I thought King was going to give us happy Batman. I just wish King stops bending characters into what they are not.
    Well ****. Now I'm curious. What happened XD