Page 183 of 272 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 4078
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    From the Reddit responses there doesn't seem to be any Damian hate despite Dark Crusader25 best efforts at trying to get redditors to jump o n Damian. Hopefully it's not what some hope happens that happens
    I’m not trying to get redditors to jump on Damian. I’m just stating a possibility that could happen based on how the sub reacted to past events.

Why you always see the worst in me?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Adorable
    This is so sweet. I miss them

Extraordinary Member

If anything happens to Damian I won’t be responsible for my actions

Incredible Member

Great. Of course something like this has to happen a few days before my birthday.

Incredible Member

Seriously, if it turns out (like we all predicted after the preview and this pic leds me to believe we guessed correctly) that Damian loses and is the reason Alfred gets killed... I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Dick's death in Injustice, the end of Gotham and the world, now possibly Alfred's death. Yeah, just make this character who is literally a child responsible for every **** we can throw at him. Let's take away his big brother and his best friend while we're at it. What does King and dc want to do at the end of this? Let a kid commit suicide for angst and drama? Sorry if that goes a bit far, but at this point I wouldn't even be suprised if dc and King pulled something like this. Even if Alfred gets revived (remember the deus-ex-machina Nain-Pit?), that's some new major trauma.

At this point, I'm really, really glad for Glass and Tomasi, but I'm afraid they'll be forced to deal with the fallout of King's Dark Multiverse run, which is a shame. Clearly, King don't want the bastard child in Batman's new and improved family.

I still maintain that it should mean that Damian drop the Robin mantle and the Wayne name to forge his own, if he's supposed to bear the brunt of King's pathetic story.

Incredible Member

Someone on reddit leaked the page. Yes it was the worst case scenario. And it looks to not be a fake out. I don’t even know how someone could make an illusion of that. Unless scarecrow feat toxin was used but who knows.

In itself it could be an interesting character development, Damian feeling responsible, even though ultimately he is not. But after "Ric" I don’t trust King or the current Bat office to actually play it out properly. They are just breaking toys to break them, I’m sure Batman will get his redemption, but the rest of the characters King hurt and even destroys for his story, and then just throws away, I don’t see getting ****. They get the likes of Scott Lobdell to pick up the pieces and further drive them into the ground.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-20-2019 at 12:08 AM.

I'm not one of those that holds Alfred as some untouchable. Alfred has done some despicable things in the past but that 2nd leaked Page was chilling to see.

As Godlike mentioned on a different thread since the goal is Bane dismantling Bruce's support system then we really should have seen this coming.

So that's logical with the story King is telling.

It doesn't look to have anything to do with Damian though Damian seems to be the next candidate to be strapped to the chair.

Why is Thomas willing to sacrifice all these people for his insane plan. From the gloves he appears to be the one who brought Damian before Bane

Because he wants Bruce to be happy ! And obviously, one can't be happy with a bastard son in the family, and strays adopted over the years, or something like that. There is really some nasty undertones in this run, and they grow worse as time goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because he wants Bruce to be happy ! And obviously, one can't be happy with a bastard son in the family, and strays adopted over the years, or something like that. There is really some nasty undertones in this run, and they grow worse as time goes.
    One of My favourite things about Batman is the found Family aspect. The idea that all these folks came together and made a family. They might not always get along but they have each others backs.

The thing is that there's no need to alienate anyone. The Batcat ship is Batman's most popular ships so you don't need a lot to get it sail. heck from the response to 50 it's clear that enough of the fans were rooting for them. There's no need to ruin / tear down anymore characters. And if the argument is that he's doing it for the Bane story. Is a Knightfall knock off really worth derailing/mis-characterising so many characters?

I think not.

Plus what's the obsession with Knightfall all of a sudden? Both Synder and Murphy are also doing Knightfall inspired tales.

I'm not one of those that holds Alfred as some untouchable. Alfred has done some despicable things in the past but that 2nd leaked Page was chilling to see.

As Godlike mentioned on a different thread since the goal is Bane dismantling Bruce's support system then we really should have seen this coming.

So that's logical with the story King is telling.

It doesn't look to have anything to do with Damian though Damian seems to be the next candidate to be strapped to the chair.

Why is Thomas willing to sacrifice all these people for his insane plan. From the gloves he appears to be the one who brought Damian before Bane
    I honestly see the twist as a big opportunity. Not much has been with the character for years anyway. Opens up a lot of new interesting story possibilities

I think its obvious Bruces family is going to be ripped apart and then built back up from the ground up! I could see Bruce rallying Damian, Selina and the rest of the family and launching a gianst assault on the city.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

One of My favourite things about Batman is the found Family aspect. The idea that all these folks came together and made a family. They might not always get along but they have each others backs.

The thing is that there's no need to alienate anyone. The Batcat ship is Batman's most popular ships so you don't need a lot to get it sail. heck from the response to 50 it's clear that enough of the fans were rooting for them. There's no need to ruin / tear down anymore characters. And if the argument is that he's doing it for the Bane story. Is a Knightfall knock off really worth derailing/mis-characterising so many characters?

I think not.

Plus what's the obsession with Knightfall all of a sudden? Both Synder and Murphy are also doing Knightfall inspired tales.
    Well, Snyder's doing all the popular tales from the past with Dark Multiverse paint. It's less about Knightfall and more about the Dark Multiverse.

Haven't paid attention to White Knight so can't tell.

Haven't seen the spoilers in their entirety, so I don't know the context, but I like it when my favorite heroes **** up big from time to time.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Haven't seen the spoilers in their entirety, so I don't know the context, but I like it when my favorite heroes **** up big from time to time.
    Except it hasn't really been from time to time in Damian's case. Since Rebirth started, it feels like the only title he hasn't royally fucked up in is Super Sons xD
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-20-2019 at 10:43 AM.