Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Batman Inc is one of my favourites with Damian. His death scene was amazing. He went out like a champion protecting others. For me that Death was his Redemption. I know he went on to try and redeem his past in Son of Batman but that to me was unnecessary. He had already atonned both as Robin and dying in Inc.

He ended up dying again sacrificing himself a second time to save the world in Robin Son of Batman [while Bruce and Talia argued yet again]

Shows how truly altruistic Damian is.

https://twitter.com/0yongyong0tata

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I remember when he was introduced I never thought he would make it far. Damian has faced more hurdles than any other Robin. I'm surprised he is still standing. He is a great fun character lets hope he keeps getting bigger. My daughter loves him. My son likes him [his 2nd favourite Robin] They got a scare when DC cancelled Supersons, my daughter started panicking after she heard Dc was getting another Robin again [again].

[Suddenly realising that DC might not be good for my kids]

But right now encouraging them to enjoy what goodness we have i Damian. I wish DC would put out more titles for kids 10-12. We are re-reading Lil Gotham and trying to find all his cameos of which there are a lot. Do you guys realise that in Rebirth Damian has been written by 19 different writers? That is a lot of love and a lot of stories to track down.
    So young and already getting let down by DC. Maybe comics shouldn't be for young kids. I was lucky by the time I got into comics I was already jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Which why he has such a banging relationship with Dick Grayson The role Dick plays in Damian's life is important. Damian has 2 Batmen in his life. Two dads. 3 dads[if we count Alfred] 4 dads [if we count Ollie watching from a distance in the shadows]
    Damian has lots of dads. Thanks to Bendis Jimmy Olsen might even be his dad. Poor Talia. She is getting crapped so bad. That is how we should treat our females of colour. Have white men double down on the out of character negativity.

Damian's relationship with Dick is heart warming and their dialogue s great.

Damian and his Alfred

Beware Robin

Damian Gotham Academy

This was in the other thread but I feel we need here just because it's adorable

So many fanarts I've never seen!

I first heard about Damian on wikipedia and my reaction was "wtf" because he sounded like a fanfic OC. lol But then, with a lot of skepticism, I went and read Morrison's B&R, which was just starting at the time, and he quickly became my favorite. Nothing has quite topped the Dick and Damian Batman and Robin combo for me since. Although Tomasi's B&R made me really love the relationship between Bruce and Damian and has some of my favorite panels of all time in it.

I am really dissapointed Damian is dead in injustice vs masters of universe.. Fortunatelly, his murderer WW is dead too.

I like this fanart.

This was in the other thread but I feel we need here just because it's adorable

I like this too.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    So many fanarts I've never seen!

I first heard about Damian on wikipedia and my reaction was "wtf" because he sounded like a fanfic OC. lol But then, with a lot of skepticism, I went and read Morrison's B&R, which was just starting at the time, and he quickly became my favorite. Nothing has quite topped the Dick and Damian Batman and Robin combo for me since. Although Tomasi's B&R made me really love the relationship between Bruce and Damian and has some of my favorite panels of all time in it.

I remember when this came out and so many fans were mad because they misunderstood what this was about. Damian acts all superior like he is above the other Robins but this challenge was about him seeking acceptance. He wanted their acceptance and was trying to gain it the only way he knew how.

By proving himself.
    Which he did. Though it turned out he never had anything to prove [at least not to Dick or Jason]

I always felt this was Tomasi getting meta because at the time and even now you hear some fans saying that Damian isn't worthy of Robin. A statement which shows how little some fans get about Robin.
    Noone has to prove they are worthy of Robin because Robin is a mantle created by Dick to help young boys. You don't need to be worthy to be saved.

Tim had to work for Robin in the old continuity because Tim wasn't a boy in need. So his inclusion had to be justified.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am really dissapointed Damian is dead in injustice vs masters of universe.. Fortunatelly, his murderer WW is dead too.

Did she choke him? I bet she choked him. I don't mind that Damian dying since he did so saving Bruce and the world. Though I hope in the actual Injustice universe he is still alive because I'm hoping for Kara and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I remember when this came out and so many fans were mad because they misunderstood what this was about. Damian acts all superior like he is above the other Robins but this challenge was about him seeking acceptance. He wanted their acceptance and was trying to gain it the only way he knew how.

By proving himself.
    Which he did. Though it turned out he never had anything to prove [at least not to Dick or Jason]

I always felt this was Tomasi getting meta because at the time and even now you hear some fans saying that Damian isn't worthy of Robin. A statement which shows how little some fans get about Robin.
    Noone has to prove they are worthy of Robin because Robin is a mantle created by Dick to help young boys. You don't need to be worthy to be saved.

Tim had to work for Robin in the old continuity because Tim wasn't a boy in need. So his inclusion had to be justified.
    Damian is Robin IS superior to the others as Robin.

I agree this was about wanting acceptance and Robin isn't a mantle one has to earn. Even if it was Damian earned it before he became Robin since he turned his back on his mother and the LOA. He was already working as a hero in Gotham when he became Robin.

Damian and his Alfred

Fine we wont talk to your cat but can we stroke him?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I had this huge grin on my face when I first heard and saw the original Robin became Batman and took on a new Robin of his own. One that is the biological son of the original Batman. It's perfect. We've come full circle. Even though I haven't read it at the time, I've heard of Damian's personality and was excited to see how the Dynamic Duo personality was flipped for this modern era. They're the new Batman and Robin for the next generation and it's how the future should be.

DIG009979_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

...aaaaaand of course DC refused to grow up.