Page 211 of 272 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW. Return to Gotham to defeat Bane for then dissapear again

But your Superkid is now in The future.. I think that is only one FAKE RUMOUR.

Maya.. Without Gleason I lost you Suren was created for another writers

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/suren-darga/4005-127061/
    Maya and Kathy were both in the last arc before Bendis took over. They were last seen looking after the Bizarro Boyz.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    *sigh* Damian just can't hold onto friends to save his life. First Colin's erased. Maya and Suren seem to only exist in Tomasi and Gleason's heads. Dick probably doesn't even remember the poor kid. And now Jon's not only been aged up (and apparently being aged up a second time), but leaving for the future. And sure Damian's gonna visit occasionally but...we all know it's not gonna be the same.
    Aaaah. I get it now.

Damian's friends make him have character development. It makes him nicer.
    Damian's brand, the one that differentiates him from the others, is being the brat, Robin.
    No friends, no character development, means he can continue to be a brat forever.

Kinda like Bruce and solitary brooding.

Incredible Member

*sigh* Damian just can't hold onto friends to save his life. First Colin's erased. Maya and Suren seem to only exist in Tomasi and Gleason's heads. Dick probably doesn't even remember the poor kid. And now Jon's not only been aged up (and apparently being aged up a second time), but leaving for the future. And sure Damian's gonna visit occasionally but...we all know it's not gonna be the same.
    Friends that keep leaving him and relatives that keep failing him. And people ask why he acts the way he does.

I just saw what happened in Batman issue 80. Wtf Bruce, what kind of plan is that? If anything happens to his kid it's his fault.

Any healthy relationship he has is always struck down. He can't even have a consistently good one with his own father.

So all he has currently are the Titans who, in spite of how good or bad you think the series is, are all...kinda toxic to each other. The closest he has to a real friendship on that team is with Emiko.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Suren was created for another writers

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/suren-darga/4005-127061/
    Heh...did not know that. Well I stand corrected on that front, at least lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maya and Kathy were both in the last arc before Bendis took over. They were last seen looking after the Bizarro Boyz.
    Yes. I know that Maya final appearance was in Superman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

SuperJon and DamiBats by stariver00 because I don't understand DC's decision making as this is infinitely better

Cursed Image! Well drawn but Cursed!

Ugh. Wally aside, I've never been a big fan of legacy characters taking over their mentors' roles. Especially when they're also their mentors' kids. That always just felt lazy to me. I don't wanna see them grow up into their fathers. I want them to find their own identities.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'm not against the idea of legacy characters taking over their mentors' roles but it largely depends on the circumstances that lead to the mentors being replaced.

Ugh. Wally aside, I've never been a big fan of legacy characters taking over their mentors' roles. Especially when they're also their mentors' kids. That always just felt lazy to me. I don't wanna see them grow up into their fathers. I want them to find their own identities.
    To be fair, Damian wants to be Batman, and in 666, went so far as to sell his soul for immortality to protect Gotham. And Jon I could see being Superman, but not in the hamfisted way DC has gone about it.

Extraordinary Member

Why would they grow into their fathers Jon can be superman and Be Jon version of such Dick was rasied by Bruce from age 8 and he never became a mini Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would they grow into their fathers Jon can be superman and Be Jon version of such Dick was rasied by Bruce from age 8 and he never became a mini Bruce
    This. I have no problem with Damian becoming Batman. Heck in canon his is the only Batman that you can tell in a instant isn't Bruce.

But ideally I want him to go the BB route from Batman to Demon's Head or the Synder's JL route where he and Jon become Bat's and Supes but with responsible for world rather than their individual states.

I don't agree that Damian is denied friends to maintain his anti social ways/deny him character Development [though Supersons did that] Damian doesn't and has never had issues having friends it's just that his narrative does focus on that. He found it easy getting a whole team of folks to join the group. Damian doesn't have issues making friends in story. The problem is that like Suren his pals where created on the fly by individual writers with not much clout so they don't get used.

Suren
    Colin
    Maps
    Maya
    All where Created by individual writer
    Jon was created by mandate so he was used and promoted the most.

The writer bring their characters into use when they can. Like Nguyen is doing with Colin. Like Gleason did with Maya.

Damian isn't denied friends anymore than Dick and Tim are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't agree that Damian is denied friends to maintain his anti social ways/deny him character Development [though Supersons did that] Damian doesn't and has never had issues having friends it's just that his narrative does focus on that. He found it easy getting a whole team of folks to join the group. Damian doesn't have issues making friends in story. The problem is that like Suren his pals where created on the fly by individual writers with not much clout so they don't get used.

Suren
    Colin
    Maps
    Maya
    All where Created by individual writer
    Jon was created by mandate so he was used and promoted the most.

The writer bring their characters into use when they can. Like Nguyen is doing with Colin. Like Gleason did with Maya.

Damian isn't denied friends anymore than Dick and Tim are.
    not anymore but before flashpoint
    I think writers stuck with "Damian doesnt play well with others"

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    SuperJon and DamiBats by stariver00 because I don't understand DC's decision making as this is infinitely better

I wouldn't be against seeing this in a flash-forward but I don't think I'll see it in the way I would've preferred with DC as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You're right. He didn't. But then, I wasn't a fan of Dick becoming Batman either. Even if his partnership with Damian made it one of my favorite Batman runs XD

I dunno. Something about that inherited name stuff has never sat right with me. I was always cool with it in Wally's case because he was my first Flash, and in Terry's case because...well Batman Beyond is just fucking awesome (that and he didn't start as Bruce's protege)! But I didn't like Bart becoming Kid Flash (and later Flash). I've never liked Batman 666 (even if Damian does want that for himself). And I'm very much opposed to what's about to happen with Jon.

But then, that's just always been a personal preference of mine. I just like it better when sidekicks can make their own names for themselves instead of taking on somebody else's.