Page 230 of 272 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Looks like Alfred's death is going to be dealt with in the Tec Annual. I hope we get not just Bruce but Damian as well since he was present when it happened.

I'm glad King isn't the one writing the fallout at least with Tomasi you know we're going to get some genuine emotion and character acting like themselves.

Remember when 10 year old Damian arranged a super special surprise overseas scavenger hunt for Batman and Alfred so he could be Batman/kid/lad/boy for a few days?

I miss stories like that.

Incredible Member

I looked at the solicitations for January and got excited when I saw this picture at the top:superman-heroes-header.jpg
    A cover that teases at least a little bit Batman and Robin action? What is this? Something to look forward to?

I read through the article, see that it's written by Bendis.
    Yeah okay, nevermind.

I remember TRUTH and now Bendis is in middle of this..

POOR SUPERMAN..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I remember TRUTH and now Bendis is in middle of this..

POOR SUPERMAN..
    Poor pretty much every character Bendis gets his hands on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Looks like Alfred's death is going to be dealt with in the Tec Annual. I hope we get not just Bruce but Damian as well since he was present when it happened.

I'm glad King isn't the one writing the fallout at least with Tomasi you know we're going to get some genuine emotion and character acting like themselves.
    I trust Tomasi with this. Batman and Robin #18 was great and he's really good with emotional issues that deal with father son relationships. I would like for Damian to be involved (that kid had to watch it happen. Can dc please not forget that or try to brush it off with "but Damian has already seen so much, it shouldn't phase him" crap?), but I don't have high hopes. It would be nice if dc let them all mourn as a family for once, but that never happens.

I'm also glad King doesn't get to write the fallout. I have a feeling he would have made it all about Bruce and Selina again, even though Selina didn't know Alfred that well and every batkid is better qualified for the job.
    Remember the end of HiC when Wally was comforted by a group of people he had no connection with instead of his friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I looked at the solicitations for January and got excited when I saw this picture at the top:superman-heroes-header.jpg
    A cover that teases at least a little bit Batman and Robin action? What is this? Something to look forward to?

I read through the article, see that it's written by Bendis.
    Yeah okay, nevermind.
    That's a nice simile on Damian
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-20-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Batman 81 the only thing's I liked was Damian and Tim.
    Damian was very cool and he had the witty funny lines.

Tim I liked that he asked that they have mercy on Thomas.
    Thomas asking his man for tea after taking the family down was badass
    Thomas refusing to kill Damian.

I didn't like the family acting like they wanted to kill Thomas.
    Batman's it's all going according to plan
    The fact that Bruce was never broken so it was all a ruse. King is really rubbish. So all this has been pointless.
    You can tell just how little King cares and that this just pandering when Thomas goes from having one Grand kid to suddenly everyone including Kate and Helena are now his grand kids and Bruce's daughters. Such a nonsense line. Such low effort.

The communication with punches is bad but it's true whether intended or not. The batfamily do hit more than they use words though Batman punching Tim was cos he was ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I trust Tomasi with this. Batman and Robin #18 was great and he's really good with emotional issues that deal with father son relationships. I would like for Damian to be involved (that kid had to watch it happen. Can dc please not forget that or try to brush it off with "but Damian has already seen so much, it shouldn't phase him" crap?), but I don't have high hopes. It would be nice if dc let them all mourn as a family for once, but that never happens.

I'm also glad King doesn't get to write the fallout. I have a feeling he would have made it all about Bruce and Selina again, even though Selina didn't know Alfred that well and every batkid is better qualified for the job.
    Remember the end of HiC when Wally was comforted by a group of people he had no connection with instead of his friends and family?
    Fingers crossed that Tomasi does put some focus on Damian. Shame Dick is still Ric. Alfred help bring him up he should be here.
    I guess this is one of the big changes King was talking about.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I kind of hope Tomasi will have a moment with Jon coming to see Damian and talk to him. They still are friends.

Eh. Tomasi may write a better Jon and Damian than Bendis does. But at this point, it just isn't the same anymore. The magic of Super Sons is gone now. With each bit of news surrounding Jon, he grows further and further away from being the character he was, and closer to just being not-so-mini Clark. I can only imagine how much that must suck for Tomasi considering the part he played in making Jon who he was. If he were to write something with them now, it'll definitely be better than Superman #16, but it's also gonna be...kinda depressing because any restoration he makes to Jon and his dynamic with Damian will only be temporary.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. Tomasi may write a better Jon and Damian than Bendis does. But at this point, it just isn't the same anymore. The magic of Super Sons is gone now. With each bit of news surrounding Jon, he grows further and further away from being the character he was, and closer to just being not-so-mini Clark. I can only imagine how much that must suck for Tomasi considering the part he played in making Jon who he was. If he were to write something with them now, it'll definitely be better than Superman #16, but it's also gonna be...kinda depressing because any restoration he makes to Jon and his dynamic with Damian will only be temporary.
    Temporary for now, sure, but given that Jon is popular I can see them eventually de-Aging him. I'm sure it does, although Tomasai also lost a lot in regard to Damian too given how they regressed him. Reason I think they'll de age Jon is because they tried this with Chris and they had to bring him back to little kid.

Extraordinary Member

How does Damian prison compare to the phantom zone?

This is how Damian SHOULD have reacted in the so-called Super Sons "Reunion".