Page 25 of 272 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    ^technically, Damian is still not old enough (or mature enough) to be left alone. He’s still 13 that’s the problem.

And about Alfred, “him keeping track on Damian but not let himself get too involved and let them solve the problems on their own” would indeed explain a lot. I like that.
    Shouldn't Alfred be recovering from Surgery? When did he get well enough to keep tabs. so confused on the timeline.

Mosameen

It all comes down to what the editors in DC wants and as it seems they want to reflect King Batman run and all its shenanigans in all the bat books at least for now. And for Damian in this timeline Dick has amnesia, John is in space journey, Tim is back to being Robin and Bruce doesn't care.
    Last edited by Mosameen; 01-24-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm of two mind concerning Damian's future, once Tom King will have left the main Batman title.

On one hand, it would be great to have him and Bruce finally connecting again, and deeply. The batbooks desperately needs some connective tissues between them which isn't pain, trauma and mistrust.

On the other hand, it'll have been a very long time since Damian and Bruce had such connection when King will leave. And I don't want all those years of mistrusts to be swept under the rug.

I guess I would prefer Damian to actually says something like this to Bruce, at that point, "You want to make amends and rebuild bridges. That's good to know. But I don't want it. I'm not sure I'll ever want to, and I want to be my own man." It would hurt, of course, but it could allow Damian to move into his own role, freed from Bruce's rules - as much as a Bat-character can be.

I'm really torn about all of this.
    It feels like that when you look just at the one title which is essentially Batman's solo title. I don't feel Batman writers should be obligated to write Batdad just like they shouldn't feel obligated to have the family. I feel that limits creativity.

Plus I like Damian more independent. As long as they cover their arses by showing that he's not a deadbeat in other titles like they've done in rebirth then I'm cool. Though I would like more hints signs that he lives at home. like in nightwing when Bruce is talking to the press and mentions that his son had a nickname for the monster men.

Little thing's that alludes to his presence but doesn't force the writer to deviate from whatever story they wish to tell. King's Batman sometimes remembers sometime's completely forgets or goes off the rail like when Duke doesn't know about Batcow.

Tec though I would like more bat family and connection to the main bat title.

I'm not sure Bruce has burn't any bridges though because lots of other titles show him behind a caring and interested parent who is trying.

Damian only just left home after no justice.

Agreed on the less pain, angst, mistrust as connective tissue.

In the end was Emiko not KF... Good, he is against things like this..

I was not expecting this conversation between Damian and Alfred..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-24-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    In the end was Emiko not KF... Good, he is against things like this..

I was not expecting this conversation between Damian and Alfred..
    This might be what will happen in the new TT/DS crossover. DS exposes Damian's secret, KF ends up taking Robin and RA's side.

Teen Titans is slowly becoming my favourite Title.
    Alfred seemed off.
    Why does he have dapper Jason's umbrella?

Alfred might have dementia that's why he doesn't remember feeding a crying Penguin [is that his Umbrella?] fish 4 weeks ago in Batman's prison or that Bruce just gave Jason a beatdown in the city centre not longer ago while ignoring civilians in danger [that's low].
    I guess poor Alfred also doesn't know about Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Another thing, I'm not sure when they started having problems. They have a strong connection in Metal. Some say their problems start in No Justice

Don't think it has been explained though I do remember No Justice has been mentioned. I am assuming between No Justice, Dick getting shot and event of Heroes in Crisis -which are supposed to happen before Dick gets shot?- Damian has lost faith in his father and how he and the "big heroes" do things. They can basically not even protect those closest to them afterall... and Bruce is currently too lost in his own word to show much care for any of his children, so that sure cant be helping things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Teen Titans is slowly becoming my favourite Title.
    Alfred seemed off.
    Why does he have dapper Jason's umbrella?

Alfred might have dementia that's why he doesn't remember feeding a crying Penguin [is that his Umbrella?] fish 4 weeks ago in Batman's prison or that Bruce just gave Jason a beatdown in the city centre not longer ago while ignoring civilians in danger [that's low].
    I guess poor Alfred also doesn't know about Beast.
    maybe Bruce's always an exception to Alfred's rule.

the current Teen Titans has been an enjoyment since issue 21 and I've never feel disappointed even after 5 issues in. I hope it stays that way for the next issues and especially through the upcoming crossover (which is something I have a fear of regarding Damian's character writing)

BANNED

My interest in Teen Titans has just waned at this point, I really like Crush and Djinn but the story is spinning wheels at this point. Glass needs to get on with the story of this Other and I dont care for another Damian vs Jason fight, this will be what? the third? we never even got to see Jason as a mentor anyway. Damian's falling out with the family is not shown, not explained and not anything, it just happened, I hate this sort of storytelling. The crossover with Deathstroke will decide whether I'm going to continue with this book.

Damian just wants his brother back

http://thefuzzyaya.tumblr.com

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

As much as I'm enjoying the story I hope TT isn't setting Damian up to be fall guy to advance other character's.
    Not sure why such a big deal was made last issue when Alfred and Bruce have been shown doing much worse even recently. This Alfred must be an impostor or he is completely mad and senile.

Him defending Jason and getting ready to attack Damian. Was utter crap. Bruce and Damian have done much worse to Jason and Alfred was cool with it.

It just reads like a farce.

Dietrich your last post reminded me of this scene from Nightwing #51 where we find out that Ric has been dreaming of his loved ones and it causes him pain because he can't see recall their faces.

Dick misses Damian just can't remember his face and at least he remembers how much he cares for the kid.

This killed my heart. I hope we get a good story from King [there was a tweet from him a while back saying that the two were going to be in Batman]
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-26-2019 at 01:18 PM.

So according to Greg Weissman there is going to be a time jump in YJ. He said they wanted to mature characters and move them along so the story can grow.

So sounds like we are getting Damian Robin surely/hopefully/likely/please by the next season.

And Supersons.