Page 252 of 272 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4078
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That looks really cool!

Extraordinary Member

Casting Call for Roles in “Superman and Lois” TV Series
    2 hr. ago

Rapaport Casting has issued an Open Casting Call for two roles required for the upcoming “Superman & Lois” TV series.

The announcement was issued over the weekend that Warner Bros./CW Network were seeking young teen actors to audition for series regular roles in the upcoming pilot.

The two roles are described as:

[MATTHEW] – Male, 13 to 16-years old to play 14-year old Caucasian, well on his way to becoming a physical specimen. Clean cut, modest and kind-hearted, with an aw-shucks attitude that somehow doesn’t seem dated. A three-sport athlete who’s already garnering attention from college and pro scouts.

[ETHAN] – Male, 13 to 16-years old to play 14-year old Caucasian, a young Leonardo DiCaprio who has an inherent darkness to him. Ethan’s wildly intelligent, but his mercurial temperament and social anxiety limits his interactions with people, and consequently, he spends most of his free time playing video games.

“Superman and Lois” will reportedly focus on the pressures Lois and Clark face in balancing their professional lives, superhero responsibilities, and the complexities of raising a child. That child will be introduced in the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, a twist that also explains why the couple have been spending so much time off-world in recent seasons of “Supergirl”.

Produced by Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, “Superman & Lois” is being written and executive produced by Todd Helbing, former showrunner of “The Flash”. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Geoff Johns will also executive produce the series.

This is why I dont want teenagers

That casting call describes Archie Andrews and Jughead Jones on the CW

Just do the hardy boys with two sexy young adults and call it a day , turn Superboys into a animesque action carton

Yeeeeah I'm not liking either of those descriptions....And they are looking exclusively for white boys to play Damian. That's gonna be a thing XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeeeeah I'm not liking either of those descriptions....And they are looking exclusively for white boys to play Damian. That's gonna be a thing XD
    Well yes since Talia is played by a white actress in that verse. Although batman on the show could be Chinese/Arabian in which case totally bogus for them to be exclusively looking for white boys for the role.

We just went over this on the last page of this thread. This must be an automatic response every time the issue of live action Damian and white actors is brought up. Fans criticise it no matter how logical, innocent and things already set up in the verse dictate it.

Any way I hope this isn't true. All the negativity that pops up every time the idea of Damian coming to live action has put me off live action Damian.

I'm not a fan of a lot of the CW shows and Supersons works best as a cartoon.

Animation bypasses all this whitewashing drama.

Look at Damian in the Harley Show. Nothing but positive discussions and rave reviews. More of Animation please DC especially for Supersons.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-25-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well yes since Talia is played by a white actress in that verse. Although batman on the show could be Chinese/Arabian in which case totally bogus for them to be exclusively looking for white boys for the role.

We just went over this on the last page of this thread. This must be an automatic response every time the issue of live action Damian and white actors is brought up. Fans criticise it no matter how logical, innocent and things already set up in the verse dictate it.
    I think teenagers is a mistake I don’t want super riverdale
    Family guy literally just made fun of that

Any way I hope this isn't true. All the negativity that pops up every time the idea of Damian coming to live action has put me off live action Damian.

I'm not a fan of a lot of the CW shows and Supersons works best as a cartoon.

Animation bypasses all this whitewashing drama.

Look at Damian in the Harley Show. Nothing but positive discussions and rave reviews. More of Animation please DC especially for Supersons.
    Like I said when we talked about it before. As long as the actor can at least pass for not completely white, I don't care if they actually are white. But to outright say that you're specifically looking for white actors...that is...still a bit bothersome. Shit, Arrowverse Talia is white but, to me, she looks just ambiguous enough to give it a pass and to get a way with a more ethnic looking Damian. But that's just me, I guess XD

Incredible Member

20191126_141158.jpg
    Was that the last proper conversation Alfred and Damian had in a comic before Alfred died or did we get anything else after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    20191126_141158.jpg
    Was that the last proper conversation Alfred and Damian had in a comic before Alfred died or did we get anything else after that?
    That was a proper conversation?

Sounds more like demented Alfred telling us lies again B***h we just saw you torturing a crying Penguin in Damian's dad's secret prison. Damian isn't like his dad just like Bruce has never had any emotion or smiled since he was 10.

What ever you say Alfred.

As far as I'm concerned this wasn't a proper conversation. This was Alfred trying to manipulate a young kid while projecting his and Bruce's actions onto the kid.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-26-2019 at 10:27 AM.

I hope we don't get any bullshit emotional crap like Damian grieving for dear Old Alfred. I don't want to see that.

Alfred was an enbler who doesn't give a f*8k about Damian or any of the Batkids. if he did Bruce wouldn't be beating the crap out of jason every chance he gets while Alfred says peep.

If he cared Bruce wouldn't be forcing Jason to recall his death and how how he came back because he wants his 'son' to grow up and get away with it.

If he did he wouldn't actively push for young untrained kids to endanger themselves or be endangered. From Tim Drake to that poor dead kid in Robin War.

If Alfred cared even a little for Damian this wouldn't happen

This was Alfred's doing. Cold and Callous

fandom like's to pretend that he's some untouchable tower of good but he isn't. I will go as far as to say that Alfred is just as dubious as bats and some of the baddies they fight. he is selfish, manipulative and will gladly sacrifice anyone [even minors] to achieve what he personally desires.

I hope he stays dead for a very longtime. I hope the writers don't address Damian's feelings on his passing just like they didn't address Damian's feeling's on being forced to wonder the world alone because Alfred pushed him out of his father's life

God. I forgot about the time Alfred talked a ten year old child into staying away from his own father. I always knew he was secretly a piece of shit because of the shade he used to throw at Jason, but man. That is fucked up. Just like his assertion in the most recent Batman title that he's never seen Bruce happy until Selina came along. Such bullshit.

Conspiracy theory time: Alfred doesn't give a fuck about the family and secretly wants them all to go away. He only cares about Bruce's satisfaction and somehow views the Batfam as a hindrance to that, while Selina somehow gets a pass.

In fact...can we explore that, please? DC is so desperate for hot takes and redefining characters, these days. Let's do that for Alfred. Bruce gets called to the carpet for his behavior all the time but has anyone ever chewed Alfred out?

That said...he may not deserve it but I do wanna see Damian and the rest of the family grieve for him. He's treated some of them just as badly as Bruce has but at the end of the day, they all love him dearly. I don't want his death to be swept under the rug like Dick's amnesia was. I wanna see them care that he's gone.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-26-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Incredible Member

"Proper" as in they are actually talking with each other and not just both standing in the same room and saying something.

Like I said when we talked about it before. As long as the actor can at least pass for not completely white, I don't care if they actually are white. But to outright say that you're specifically looking for white actors...that is...still a bit bothersome. Shit, Arrowverse Talia is white but, to me, she looks just ambiguous enough to give it a pass and to get a way with a more ethnic looking Damian. But that's just me, I guess XD
    That does limit the selection. There are mixed kids who pass.

It should have been an open casting.

God. I forgot about the time Alfred talked a ten year old child into staying away from his own father. I always knew he was secretly a piece of shit because of the shade he used to throw at Jason, but man. That is fucked up. Just like his assertion in the most recent Batman title that he's never seen Bruce happy until Selina came along. Such bullshit.

Conspiracy theory time: Alfred doesn't give a fuck about the family and secretly wants them all to go away. He only cares about Bruce's satisfaction and somehow views the Batfam as a hindrance to that, while Selina somehow gets a pass.

In fact...can we explore that, please? DC is so desperate for hot takes and redefining characters, these days. Let's do that for Alfred. Bruce gets called to the carpet for his behavior all the time but has anyone ever chewed Alfred out?

That said...he may not deserve it but I do wanna see Damian and the rest of the family grieve for him. He's treated some of them just as badly as Bruce has but at the end of the day, they all love him dearly. I don't want his death to be swept under the rug like Dick's amnesia was. I wanna see them care that he's gone.
    Alfred is problematic. For the story of batman to work he has to be a bad guardian who does little to parent and is more like the adult who buys kids beer.

An adult just for adult purposes who fails at all things adult.

I would welcome a series that put him under the micro-scope and showed readers more of Bruce's formative years and shed more light on Alfred's POV/thoughts on a lot of the dubious elements of Batman. His Mission, His ethics and the Robin Concept.

Alfred choosing to not tell Bruce about his other life during Synders' run shows that he will willingly damn everyone of the 'kids/family' if he believes it'll make Bruce happy.

Bruce's happiness is more important that the batfamily. However his idea of what happiness for Bruce is or what is in Bruce's best interests is questionable.

Is Batman in Bruce's best interest? Did Alfred even attempt at giving Bruce a 'normal' life? Did he ever attempt to talk Bruce out of making young orphans part of his mission?

Is what's in Bruce's best interest a partner who sneaks out from the marital bed that she shares with a man who has dedicated his life to crime fighting to commit crimes?

Alfred was the one who made the move to replace Jason by giving Tim a Robin outfit when Bruce turned him down. Alfred must have known that Bruce was grieving for a lost child and that Tim had zero experience. he went ahead and brought him in. taking the easy way out. [A lot of Alfred is taking the easy way out]

You lost your young son and I see you are trying to deal with it the correct way by grieving and letting your emotions run the natural course. F**k that here's a new boy to distract you. Sure he's not Jason and we can only have him P/T but it's like the thing you lost.

Alfred started the We are Robin moment.

Alfred condones a lot of the bad that batman does but we never get any follow up. He also uses guns.

There's a lot about the character I want to see explored. He is far from the Paragon that fandom holds him up as.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Alfred is problematic. For the story of batman to work he has to be a bad guardian who does little to parent and is more like the adult who buys kids beer.

An adult just for adult purposes who fails at all things adult.

I would welcome a series that put him under the micro-scope and showed readers more of Bruce's formative years and shed more light on Alfred's POV/thoughts on a lot of the dubious elements of Batman. His Mission, His ethics and the Robin Concept.
    Alfred being a bad father was a storytelling element. I forgot the book, but when Bruce first lost his parents, he was silent. He was in full professional butler mode, where he couldn't or don't want to talk with Bruce about his feelings, so flash forward to today, where he already realized his mistake, he can talk and console Robin, I think it was Dick.

Unfortunately, that's the only story I know that deliberately presents Alfred like that, where the writers are aware that Alfred makes mistakes.

Another thing I like to point out that almost all of Alfred's mistakes can simply be attributed to the fact that he's not their father, but a butler, a worker. So he doesn't view himself worthy to speak over the boss. He can snark, but not directly speak or act against Bruce's decision, because he's still an employee and a professional one at that.

Problem is after all these years, pretty much everyone realizes that Alfred is a father figure to Bruce, so current writers decide to put him on a pedestal. That's the mistake.

As much as Alfred is viewed as a father figure by us and by the family, Alfred himself shouldn't view himself like that. He should have that feeling that he's stepping over the line if he starts casually including himself as a part of the family.

It really makes me uncomfortable when I see Snyder or King write him calling Bruce his son in his letter and diary, even if all the family including Alfred feels that way. It's one thing if it's something unsaid, it's another when Alfred himself says it. It feels arrogant, possessive, and overstepping boundaries. I feel Alfred being the professional that he is, is more self-aware than that.