Page 256 of 272 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The prince of Gotham thing never made sense he was robin for a year then spent a few years terrorizing Gotham then was more globetrotting with the outlaws then a resident
    That's because Lobdell got that from Higgins it was supposed to be Nightwing's. Lobdell doesn't care what makes sense if he did Jason wouldn't be shooting blanks.

And the fact that Lobdell doesn't get the joke/meme that's in that. The badass RedHood is literally firing Blanks. I chuckle everytime i think of it.
    He's busy pandering rather than do what makes sense.

If Lobdell had him attempt a take over of Gotham then one might say that title is justified but he's not even a player in Gotham. So just like his guns it's just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    DCesed New World Finest

https://twitter.com/drawingcookie1
    I like this. I really admire what Taylor has done with Damian thus far from Injustice 2 to DCeased.

Damian by Jorge Jimenez

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Talia and Jason's connection has been greatly diminished which is for the best imo. Never a fan of Tim and Jason trying to borrow from Damian.

They should find their own lore. {surprised no one has brought up the fact that Lobdell Jacked the Prince of Gotham thing from Dick Grayson]

In current continuity Talia didn't sleep with Jason nor did she bring him back I don't believe.

They barely have any connection but I guess fandom likes head canon over actual canon.

It's bad enough the boy already look like clones don't need them cloning each others connections and uniqueness.

Cass though she came after Son of the demon doesn't borrow too much from Damian so I'm cool with her LoA connection
    Talia did bring back Jason and the League+All-Caste training is still there but she didn't sleep with him anymore ever since New 52 started.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Talia did bring back Jason and the League+All-Caste training is still there but she didn't sleep with him anymore ever since New 52 started.
    Are you sure about that because I' m pretty sure right now she found him helped him but that's it, She did not bring him back.

Are you sure about that because I' m pretty sure right now she found him helped him but that's it, She did not bring him back.
    She found and helped him pre-Flashpoint (tossed his zombie butt into a Lazarus pit to restore his mind and heal his wounds). New52, she put his body into a Lazarus Pit to bring him back to life. Plus, she ran into him before he became Robin, during the whole Red Hood gang thing, which introduced the concept of the All-Caste and the Untitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She found and helped him pre-Flashpoint (tossed his zombie butt into a Lazarus pit to restore his mind and heal his wounds). New52, she put his body into a Lazarus Pit to bring him back to life. Plus, she ran into him before he became Robin, during the whole Red Hood gang thing, which introduced the concept of the All-Caste and the Untitled.
    Wow that's shameless so rather than down play they just leaned more into Damian's lore.

Jason really needs a new writer. Roy, Star, Talia, Black Mask, Biazrro, Artemis. This character has had his own title for decades now and in all that time his writer who has had that gig for years hasn't managed to do more than try to piggy back and dip into other characters toybox.

I really hate Lobdell doubling down on the Talia thing. That really annoys me. Thankfully most writers have ignored the connection.

Jason doesn't need a connection to the Al Ghuls or connections to Damian. It does nothing for the character. It isn't acknowledged by other writers so it amounts to nothing.

While I do think it can and has been taken too far in regards to Jason's relationship with Talia (any implication that those two had sex still weirds me out), I actually do kinda like the idea of Damian and Jason having some sort of kinship with each other. Obviously not as close as his relationship with Dick. But I don't think it's too out there to assume they'd eventually develop a kind of understanding, with them both having similar struggles and (sometimes unfairly) being the designated "bad boys" of the family. They'll never be buddies but he could be someone Damian goes to for things that he doesn't think he can go to Bruce or Dick for (kinda like what was going on in Teen Titans before he fucked that up)

I still think some kind of miniseries with Damian, Jason, and Cassandra working together would be neat.

Wow that's shameless so rather than down play they just leaned more into Damian's lore.

Jason really needs a new writer. Roy, Star, Talia, Black Mask, Biazrro, Artemis. This character has had his own title for decades now and in all that time his writer who has had that gig for years hasn't managed to do more than try to piggy back and dip into other characters toybox.

I really hate Lobdell doubling down on the Talia thing. That really annoys me. Thankfully most writers have ignored the connection.

Jason doesn't need a connection to the Al Ghuls or connections to Damian. It does nothing for the character. It isn't acknowledged by other writers so it amounts to nothing.
    Jason hasn't been with Talia in years (real life) in his own book. Black Mask goes back to Under the Red Hood. And I don't see the issue with having Artemis and clone Bizarro, both of which are barely used at all in the Super and Wonder families.

And so what if Jason has a connection to Talia? It doesn't take away Damian being her son. Hell, Damian has interacted with her more recently (and more often) then Jason has (and Jason hasn't really been in contact with her for years real time).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    This artist draws the best adult Damian. I actually ordered a large print of his Damian a few days ago

I don't mind the Talia reviving Jason though Winnick tainted it and now it just reduced to did she have sex with him. He should never have gone there.

Talia knowing Jason before he became Robin sounds like Joker being behind Jason's life. It feels strange Lobdell leapfroging Bruce to try and set up a relationship between Jason and 2 of his biggest foes. That's along the lines of Ra's wanting Tim's babies. Ridiculous.

Scott likes to pick at Jason's past when he should focus on important things like a supporting cast or moving his story forward. It was great and positive when he and Bruce made some progress at the start of Rebirth but now they are back where they were when he came back.

Jason is back being a villain apparently.

And yet fans claim Damian is regressed smh

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't mind the Talia reviving Jason though Winnick tainted it and now it just reduced to did she have sex with him. He should never have gone there.

Talia knowing Jason before he became Robin sounds like Joker being behind Jason's life. It feels strange Lobdell leapfroging Bruce to try and set up a relationship between Jason and 2 of his biggest foes. That's along the lines of Ra's wanting Tim's babies. Ridiculous.
    That part wasn't written by Lobdell.

Jason is back being a villain apparently.
    No, he's not. He's a babysitter now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That part wasn't written by Lobdell.

No, he's not. He's a babysitter now.
    Was that Winnick again? It still feels odd

I meant this whole VOY and that's why I said apparently since It's not really clear how he is villainous

Was that Winnick again? It still feels odd

I meant this whole VOY and that's why I said apparently since It's not really clear how he is villainous
    Bruce believes he's villainous when Jason "shot" Cobblepot (it was actually a blank).

And in his own, if slightly paraphrased words, Jason right now is neither good or evil. He walks a line right now and does what he feels is right. Like leaving the Iceberg Lounge to the Su Sisters so they would have a way to stay out of the criminal life, and now he's looking after a bunch of super powered kids. Kids that believe they want to become the best villains ever (minus Reiser, if I remember right), but kids nonetheless.