Page 270 of 272 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272 LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, that and Damian completely bitching out towards the end, screaming and crying for his dad (not even father. He says "Dad") to help him against a C-List villain. This wasn't exactly a good version of him...but damn was it entertaining, nonetheless XD
    I did find it kind of funny that Batman called him his "ward" in public but Damian kept yelling "dad" .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did find it kind of funny that Batman called him his "ward" in public but Damian kept yelling "dad" .
    The ending scene was top knot he tho

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Poor Damian. Loyal and dedicated to a fault.

father's been ignoring him for months. Replaced him with a Starfish but the instant he gets the call to go into Gotham and face off against Bane, Gotham Girl, Thomas Wayne and all the villains of Gotham he's there. No tantrums. No bitching/holding a grudge. He just steps up because he's a hero and he's also a 13yr old desperate for his farther's love and acknowledgement.
    And in return he gets rewarded with having to witness Alfred's murder and Bruce only calling him when Lucius informed Bruce he should maybe take a look at the orphanage he owns when he was too busy with other stuff.
    Oh and apparently he ate dinner with "the boys" once after Alfred's death. Really worth risking your physical and mental health for.

I almost find it funny how King handled Alfred's death vs what we've seen how other writers use his death so far.

King: Bruce is mourning a bit, but hey, everything is okay, because he has Selina now. She's totally a worthy replacement, shut up. Nevermind King thought Bruce throwing a hissy fit for weeks because he got left by a woman that has broken up with him several times before was an absolutely appropriate reaction for Batman to have.

Batman and the Outsiders: Bruce is depressed because of Alfred, doubts and blames himself and has to be told by Jefferson that it's not his fault.

Detective Comics 1017 by Tom Taylor: According to Damian Bruce retreated into "an angry, brooding cloud" and he was shocked to hear from him, hinting that Bruce isolated himself again.

The solicitation for Detective Comics 1018 by Tomasi also talks about Bruce being alone and "missing one of the very foundations of his life both as Bruce Wayne and Batman".

One of these things is not like the others.

So far the only comic that aknowledged that Damian had to witness Alfred's death has been Outsiders. Bruce mentions that he feels ashamed that he let Alfred die, that it happened in "his father's house in front of my son". Batman #85 came out this week so we still have some time to deal with Damian's trauma, but I really hope this isn't the only thing we hear about this. Especially since it was only Bruce's perspective and not Damian's.

Incredible Member

Not really sure why Bruce called him "his ward" here.
    Comic Bruce has long given up on keeping it secret. He calls Robin son when they are dressed as Batman and Robin and standing in front of enemies.
    In the recent Nightwing annual or in Detective Comics #1017 he even called him Damian while they were in their costumes. Bruce isn't even trying anymore.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey, how often does Bruce pay attention to Damian's study?

I'm skimming Golden Age and every few issues there's a scene where Bruce asks Dick to keep doing his homework while he handles the case, and tells him to skip crime-fighting or sleep early since he has a school tomorrow.
    He helps Jason with his homework too.

He's a more off-hand with Tim since he didn't live in the Manor. His father was neglectful at first and then Tim moved to a high school off Gotham, so he's more independent.

I only remember maybe one or two instances during Tomasi's run where he checks if Damian did his homework. He was homeschooled with Alfred though, until Super Sons, and he's already very knowledgeable thanks to Talia's method of education, but this is more about how much Bruce pays attention to the Robins education than their own intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

I'm skimming Golden Age and every few issues there's a scene where Bruce asks Dick to keep doing his homework while he handles the case, and tells him to skip crime-fighting or sleep early since he has a school tomorrow.

He's a more off-hand with Tim since he didn't live in the Manor. His father was neglectful at first and then Tim moved to a high school off Gotham, so he's more independent.

I only remember maybe one or two instances during Tomasi's run where he checks if Damian did his homework. He was homeschooled with Alfred though, until Super Sons, and he's already very knowledgeable thanks to Talia's method of education, but this is more about how much Bruce pays attention to the Robins education than their own intelligence.
    Damian unlike the other Robins already finished his studies [I guess he could add additional degrees] Bruce asking about his homework to me read like busy work or might even be assigned study on How to make friends. Homework that isn't anything to do with required education.

It the same reason why he sent him to ReevesWest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Did...he actually say that? Was that supposed to be cute? XD

And I thought it was bad when Bendis did it.

EDIT:

Okay, actually went and watched the episode and HOLY SHIT (that one...odd line aside) it was hilarious in every conceivable way. Everyone's both in and out of character AF but it works. I didn't think I'd be into it but I might actually give this Harley show a shot.
    Between this series and Batman Hush animated Damian is delivering on the comedy.

I liked his use here.

It's so weird when an actual kid voices Damian lol.

Impressed the show got Jacob Tremblay. He's the most sought after child star atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's so weird when an actual kid voices Damian lol.

Impressed the show got Jacob Tremblay. He's the most sought after child star atm.
    I was surprised when I saw his name listed and he did a great job. I suppose the talent behind the scenes might have helped. The guys behind the Harley Show are very talented with a good track record.

Not to mention the quality script. The show is so good. Surprisingly good.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-22-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Damian before he joined the batfamily had already completed his higher education so that wasn't necessary.
    Talia had him home schooled already. She took it very serious, hiring renowned professors.

I was confused by what Bruce meant by home work since later on we see that Damian is educated to a level that makes things awkward at school where he ends up handing in a piece of work that went beyond xtra credit ( it even had recommendations for future essay's and how the topic could be made more challenging) forcing the teacher to put in extra time much to her annoyance.

Supersons Hurry Up

https://twitter.com/02png

"i have seen so much of the universe. you are the best thing in it."

https://twitter.com/BSDJBS

https://twitter.com/dbwntm
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-22-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.

I found it odd as well also what's with the nose bleeds? The show's awesome and funny, can't wait to see more. I read somewhere that we'll be seeing more family members so can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    also what's with the nose bleeds?
    Yeah I didn't get that either. I thought maybe it was some kind of anime trope where male characters see a hot woman and their nose starts bleeding (Damian with a crush on Harley is disturbing in so many ways XD) but it didn't really seem like that's what they were going for. Both times it happened, it was right the fuck out of nowhere.