Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Did she choke him? I bet she choked him. I don't mind that Damian dying since he did so saving Bruce and the world. Though I hope in the actual Injustice universe he is still alive because I'm hoping for Kara and Damian.
    Choke/broke his neck with her lasso.

But ever since that issue, I avoid anything Injustice. In fact, the last arc I enjoyed from it, was the one where Lobo became a Green Lantern. The one character I didn't have to worry about dying, and shrugged off being cut in half like other people would having gas. DC needs more Lobo.

I love 0yongyong0tatas Baby Damian

https://twitter.com/0yongyong0tata

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I had this huge grin on my face when I first heard and saw the original Robin became Batman and took on a new Robin of his own. One that is the biological son of the original Batman. It's perfect. We've come full circle. Even though I haven't read it at the time, I've heard of Damian's personality and was excited to see how the Dynamic Duo personality was flipped for this modern era. They're the new Batman and Robin for the next generation and it's how the future should be.

Attachment 75837

...aaaaaand of course DC refused to grow up.

The beauty of Batman and Robin Reborn This is what i love the most about Damian's story. I enjoy Bruce and Damian together but Dick and Damian is the best Dynamic duo.

i wish we had more time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

But ever since that issue, I avoid anything Injustice. In fact, the last arc I enjoyed from it, was the one where Lobo became a Green Lantern. The one character I didn't have to worry about dying, and shrugged off being cut in half like other people would having gas. DC needs more Lobo.
    We got Crush.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I avoided Injustice the moment I heard Wonder Woman is evil out of love. Didn't even play the game. Dick being killed by Damian, accidentally, by falling on a rock, and Batman refusing to see that it was an accident, just cemented how stupid it was in my eyes.

Honestly, I feel Injustice was better when they don't try to explain things. As in, when it's an excuse plot to have heroes fight each other in a different dimension.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I met Damian in Batman and Son. I didn't like him at first because he was mean and attacked Tim. Batman and Robin and Dick Grayson warmed me to him and before i knew it he became my favourite. I wrote a piece on why he is my favourite which I'll find and post.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Wonder Choker

I remember when this came out and so many fans were mad because they misunderstood what this was about. Damian acts all superior like he is above the other Robins but this challenge was about him seeking acceptance. He wanted their acceptance and was trying to gain it the only way he knew how.

By proving himself.
    Which he did. Though it turned out he never had anything to prove [at least not to Dick or Jason]

I always felt this was Tomasi getting meta because at the time and even now you hear some fans saying that Damian isn't worthy of Robin. A statement which shows how little some fans get about Robin.
    Noone has to prove they are worthy of Robin because Robin is a mantle created by Dick to help young boys. You don't need to be worthy to be saved.

Tim had to work for Robin in the old continuity because Tim wasn't a boy in need. So his inclusion had to be justified.
    Oh wow, that's so weird to hear that people hated it for that reason. I never really paid attention to comic fandom until recently so I enjoyed these stories without knowing what fan reactions were. I saw that story arc as a tribute to the Robins, while also highlighting how Damian introduces conflict and pushes the previous Robins in different ways. That was one of the stories that made me really love Damian as Robin. He's not just there to be a cool add-on to the Batverse--there's friction and conflict, he brings out a different side to all these other characters, and it's fun and keeps you interested.

And I also agree about Damian not needing to prove himself worthy of Robin. I don't get the people who keep saying he doesn't deserve it. They really don't get the point of Robin.

That part I didn't hear. What I heard was during my first actual read to Damian in New 52 Batman and Robin, people didn't like it because the character seem to regress back to when he was before with Dick Grayson. Despite the book itself acknowledging that time happen, the fans feel like DC is trying to replace Dick and Damian's development with Bruce and attributing Damian's development to Bruce instead of Dick.

DIG009993_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I didn't think much of it because it was a reboot and I view it as their way to reintroduce Damian's character to the new reader. They need to introduce the bratty, stabby part before going into the soft, insecure insides.

I was actually more annoyed that they depict Bruce as emotionally detached when I know he's been raising kids for as long as he was Batman. I still can justify it as Bruce being extra nervous because in classic Bruce and Dick relationship they just become friends without both feeling the burden that they have to be father and son, while with Damian there's a lot of awkwardness going on.

Like suddenly they both realize "Oh ****. We have to be a family."

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    We got Crush.
    And I have been liking her (and really, the current group of Teen Titans as a whole). She has a bit of her father in her (the whole wanting to punch things as a way to solve her problems), whether she likes it or not, but I still want more of the Main Man himself. Perhaps when the two inevitably meet.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I love 0yongyong0tatas Baby Damian

https://twitter.com/0yongyong0tata
    Hahahahahaha.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-02-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Did she choke him? I bet she choked him. I don't mind that Damian dying since he did so saving Bruce and the world. Though I hope in the actual Injustice universe he is still alive because I'm hoping for Kara and Damian.
    I thought that Superman intentions would end resurrecting him but.. I forgot that if one character dies in injustice he canīt return(alfred is the exception)..

Maybe I read the comic too fast wanting to see him in the images but.. I didnīt saw the comic mentioning him or his funeral..

That part I didn't hear. What I heard was during my first actual read to Damian in New 52 Batman and Robin, people didn't like it because the character seem to regress back to when he was before with Dick Grayson. Despite the book itself acknowledging that time happen, the fans feel like DC is trying to replace Dick and Damian's development with Bruce and attributing Damian's development to Bruce instead of Dick.

I didn't think much of it because it was a reboot and I view it as their way to reintroduce Damian's character to the new reader. They need to introduce the bratty, stabby part before going into the soft, insecure insides.

I was actually more annoyed that they depict Bruce as emotionally detached when I know he's been raising kids for as long as he was Batman. I still can justify it as Bruce being extra nervous because in classic Bruce and Dick relationship they just become friends without both feeling the burden that they have to be father and son, while with Damian there's a lot of awkwardness going on.

Like suddenly they both realize "Oh ****. We have to be a family."
    Oh yeah, I heard that, too. I also disagree with the criticism and have no problem with it. Damian struggling with the No Kill Rule in Tomasi B&R was very different from the Morrison days. Back then, he didn't seem to understand why killing was bad at all and was full on blood thirsty. In the N52 when he kills Nobody, it weighs heavily on him. It's not an easy choice for him and he's caught in the philosophical question of whether it's better to kill the villains or leave them alive to kill others. Which is way different from his cavalier attitude before. It shows growth and is more realistic than if the problem was solved all at once. And it's not taking away any of Dick's influence imo--Damian is so different at the start of the N52 than he was in the very beginning, and that's all due to Dick (and Alfred).

I'm actually not too bothered by Bruce being emotionally detached because, to me, I always saw it as him being extremely awkward around Damian specifically. Morrison always wrote him as not wanting to have anything to do with Damian, or at least that's the impression I got. I mean, your newly discovered kid explodes on a sub--at best, he's back with the assassins, at worst he's dead--and you're not concerned? Actually...I think Tomasi is maybe the only writer who ever has Bruce making an effort with Damian.

And I think the awkwardness makes sense. The other boys were different. Bruce chose them, he understood them, they kept him sane. Damian is so much more flawed and in need of a kind of care Bruce doesn't know how to provide at first. Add to that Damian's heritage. Bruce sees all his worst flaws in Damian and I think projects some of his fears and self loathing onto him. He always expects the worst even when Damian is trying his best. And I like that they're both struggling, that it's not easy. It makes it more rewarding when they finally do bond.

Yes, it was just a sudden transition for me because the last time I read a Batman raising a Robin story, it was Bruce and Dick in the silver age, or Batman 66. Then in between those years, I heard all about Batman getting more and more dark and broody, so I'm a bit sensitive when I detect that portrayal.

Now, when this was first revealed...

0d1382d4698697ecf1aabc79d820070c._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

...the implication was that Damian can't hold his murderous tendency, because he ran away with Nobody, but then it's revealed later that it was just a ploy. So the conclusion is he can control himself, but he still needs to let out that frustration, and he did it through his art.

Yes, it was just a sudden transition for me because the last time I read a Batman raising a Robin story, it was Bruce and Dick in the silver age, or Batman 66. Then in between those years, I heard all about Batman getting more and more dark and broody, so I'm a bit sensitive when I detect that portrayal.

Now, when this was first revealed...

0d1382d4698697ecf1aabc79d820070c._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

...the implication was that Damian can't hold his murderous tendency, because he ran away with Nobody, but then it's revealed later that it was just a ploy. So the conclusion is he can control himself, but he still needs to let out that frustration, and he did it through his art.
    Yeah, Bruce has changed so much over the years. I wonder how Damian would react to meeting Golden Age Bruce calling him chum.

And I love that bit. It's a great way to show what's going on in Damian's head without actually showing his inner monologue. I think the choice to hardly ever do that with Damian is part of what draws me to the character, you really have to read between the lines and figure him out.

I also love that he's an artist. Like, his mom made him become proficient at all these things, but he actually enjoys art and maybe would've been an artist in another life.