Page 33 of 272 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Generous Friend to Animals

WOW! Who needs an inheritance from Bruce if he can give this type of money away.

Bruce or Talia must not know how pocket money works.

Lol look at them watch her leave. They look like they really wanted to come with.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Shopping online and just saw this awesome Batfamily Diorama and guess what? these punks are still at it!

Guess which two family members you can't take anywhere?

These two.

Q-Master Diorama, Batman Family diorama by Qmx
    julho 2019

https://twitter.com/FUCKKEN
    I love that statue. They gave Tim Damian's face from RSob era.

Teen Titans Rebirth: Diversity and The White Gaze

Pop Culture Uncovered.com ran an article about the recent TeenTitans issue featuring DamianWayne and his experience with aggressively offensive imagery.

The writer had issues with a part middle Eastern would be Suicide bomber.

https://popcultureuncovered.com/2019...354X-4U8l0D068

Loving this Variant by Francesco Mattina

Teen Titans Rebirth: Diversity and The White Gaze

Pop Culture Uncovered.com ran an article about the recent TeenTitans issue featuring DamianWayne and his experience with aggressively offensive imagery.

The writer had issues with a part middle Eastern would be Suicide bomber.

https://popcultureuncovered.com/2019...354X-4U8l0D068

Can't comment on intent but it is unfortunate that the writer who did the most to show Damian as of Middle Eastern descent. The writer to write him as identifying as or embarrassing that part of him should also be the one to write him doing this.

It was not in character and not the best choice.

Also guessing Bruce never told the family about Damian dying a 2nd time in RSOB? Come to think of it might explain why the kid has little qualms threatening to blow himself up. He doesn't take dying as serious as he should because he's been able to come back with little effort on his part.

The Flaming Sword is Brilliant.

Heard Slade and Rose are joining the Titans cast next Season. Looking forward to Slade chasing his favourite Robin [no offence Damian] and Rose wonder how big her role will be?
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-03-2019 at 07:20 AM.

That's so fire! Loving this one

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Can't comment on intent but it is unfortunate that the writer who did the most to show Damian as of Middle Eastern descent. The writer to write him as identifying as or embarrassing that part of him should also be the one to write him doing this.

It was not in character and not the best choice.

Also guessing Bruce never told the family about Damian dying a 2nd time in RSOB? Come to think of it might explain why the kid has little qualms threatening to blow himself up. He doesn't take dying as serious as he should because he's been able to come back with little effort on his part.
    I'll be honest I didn't like the bomb part because it doesn't seem like something Damian would do however I didn't find it offensive . I didn't even make the connections to the characterisation/image being a harmful stereotype. It never registered until I saw this article then I remembered oh **** yeah Damian is part Middle Eastern.

Dubious choice in light of the Special. I still don't find it offensive but I get how some might if they always see him as the Middle Eastern Robin.

It actually does make sense that Death has lost a lot of it's gravitas for Damian. "Tis but a scratch"
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-03-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'll be honest I didn't like the bomb part because it doesn't seem like something Damian would do however I didn't find it offensive . I didn't even make the connections to the characterisation/image being a harmful stereotype. It never registered until I saw this article then I remembered oh **** yeah Damian is part Middle Eastern.

Dubious choice in light of the Special. I still don't find it offensive but I get how some might if they always see him as the Middle Eastern Robin.

It actually does make sense that Death has lost a lot of it's gravitas for Damian. "Tis but a scratch"
    Yeah I never made the connection either. I just saw as him playing mind games like he did throughout the fight and never gave it a second thought.

"the bomb" had absolutely nothing to do with Damian's ethnicity. It was to do with his mindset, showing how desperate he is, how he did anticipate losing to Jason and had a back-up plan, hoping to trick Jason with it. It wasn't even real as he had no intention of really blowing himself or anyone up... People are way too sensitive... So what, writers should never ever show a character of Middle-Eastern ethnicity with a suicide-bomb just because they are part Middle-Eastern? That is crazy. Simply put, anyone who didn't know of Damian one bit and who just happened to read this comic book would not be thinking "here is yet another Middle-eastern with a suicide bomb", because there was absolutely no reference at all to Damian's ethnicity in this issue. If the comic book did seem to make such an association than, yes, there was something to criticize. But this isn't so...

Deathstroke has a couple of great Variants with Damian. I love this one from the Batman vs Deathnstroke arc

DickBats and Robin

Batman and Robin. The divorce was tough