Page 55 of 272 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Discarded Metal Cover Layout

https://twitter.com/stjepansejic

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Oh come on! You cant be serious.
    The whole point of Damians development is that despite appearances he cares and feels just like anybody else. That who he seems to be is a front.
    Arsenal is right btw, and this is the entire reason they aged him to 13, so he could have these kinds of stories.
    That doesn't mean that he's going to drop what is now conditioned behaviour or change his nature. If he's unable to completely drop the front for Dick Grayson. Can't open up easily to Jon Kent then he isn't going to reveal an important thing like his identity to Djinn.

This isn't like sharing feelings this is bigger. Heroes don't keep their identity secret because they lack feelings. They keep it secret to protect themselves and the people close to them.

Caring and feeling doesn't stop guarded person from being cagey.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-23-2019 at 07:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That doesn't mean that he's going to dropped what is now his nature or conditioned behaviour. If he's unable to completely drop the front for Dick Grayson. Can't open up easily to Jon Kent then he isn't going to reveal an important thing like his identity to Djinn.

This isn't like sharing feelings this is bigger. Heroes don't keep their identity secret because they lack feelings. They keep it secret to protect themselves and the people close to them.
    And this is a kid thats experiencing love for the first time, he has absolutely no defenses or training that can possibly help against that. He is just like everybody else.
    This is an important experience to him. Heck, if anything being weak against women runs in his blood.

I don't consider impossible for Damian to eventually reveal his identity to Djinn, even a guarded person like him would feel the need to trust people outside the family, but i think that Glass should have give more time to the relationship before getting there, but alas, that would require a lot of long term arcs and planning that modern comics don't do these days.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Glass’s run would’ve greatly benefited if it started at TT #1 instead of #20. Would make moments like the annual, the “betrayal” or last issue have more weight to them if he had more time to flesh the story out some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    And this is a kid thats experiencing love for the first time, he has absolutely no defenses or training that can possibly help against that. He is just like everybody else.
    This is an important experience to him. Heck, if anything being weak against women runs in his blood.
    He's experiencing love? That's news to me. We've had no evidence of this. No evidence that he has romantic feelings for her. If he was that smitten going to view Deathstroke's empty cell would wait.
    If it was such an important experience that he prioritised it over duty then he wouldn't have been so quick to put the mask when the message came. A teenage boy would try to pick back up where they left off or ignored the alarm.

Tragic back story's can affect us leading to emotional connection but his words and tone right before he told her his name didn't convey that level of connection or vulnerability.

Women. Wayne Kryptonite.

He's experiencing love? That's news to me. We've had no evidence of this. No evidence that he has romantic feelings for her. If he was that smitten going to view Deathstroke's empty cell would wait.
    If it was such an important experience that he prioritised it over duty then he wouldn't have been so quick to put the mask when the message came. A teenage boy would try to pick back up where they left off or ignored the alarm.

Tragic back story's can affect us leading to emotional connection but his words and tone right before he told her his name didn't convey that level of connection or vulnerability.

Women. Wayne Kryptonite.
    He is definetly has a crush on her, is why Red Arrow told Djinn how distracting she was being toward him and how that could affect in a negative way to the team during the figth with Lady Vic, the groundwork is still a bit weak thougth, as i said before, althougth i don't find these developments impossible, they needed more time.

For another side, he is Bruce son, we know that he never made the best decision regarding women, so maybe we are seeing more of that.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Glass’s run would’ve greatly benefited if it started at TT #1 instead of #20. Would make moments like the annual, the “betrayal” or last issue have more weight to them if he had more time to flesh the story out some more.
    This. He's got great idea and the story is interesting but a lot of the set up and fun stuff [Jason and Damian working together] happened off page.

It irks me that it's the Damian arcs that have this problem. Crush and RoundHouse I like the way he is setting them up. I guess it makes sense since they are brand new so it's more important to flesh them out.

BANNED

A normal teenage boy would try to pick back up where they left off or ignored the alarm.
    And thats where Damian is different. He is still a teenage boy, he will let this girl in, because he has no defenses against that, no experience, the league couldnt prepare him for this, he left too young, and life couldnt prepare him for that either. He is letting himself be vulnerable, maybe get hurt. But his sense of duty is too strong to let anybody else get hurt over it.

I thought the development was rushed, but handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is definetly has a crush on her, is why Red Arrow told Djinn how distracting she was being toward him and how that could affect in a negative way to the team during the figth with Lady Vic, the groundwork is still a bit weak thougth, as i said before, althougth i don't find these developments impossible, they needed more time.

For another side, he is Bruce son, we know that he never made the best decision regarding women, so maybe we are seeing more of that.
    Except in that issue her comment wasn't backed up. We saw Djinn getting close, Damian confused because he was blindsided and that was it. She was making moves he wasn't. I think there was a part where he worried for her safety in the attack but she not the only one he worried about.

Emi thought Djinn was unprofessional and might distract Damian but we never saw Damian distracted so Emi was just making assumption. The only time we've seen Damian get distracted and lose it ironically was when Emi got hurt.

Damian is a teenage boy but he isn't a normal teenage boy and we don't know what the league prepared him for [doubt they prepared him for girls]but he certainly doesn't react to a lot of thing like a normal kid would and he was thought that feelings and showing emotions is a sign of weakness.

He spent an afternoon holding hands with Maps that didn't even raise a blush so he clearly doesn't lose himself when in close contact with a pretty girl.

Except in that issue her comment wasn't backed up. We saw Djinn getting close, Damian confused because he was blindsided and that was it. She was making moves he wasn't. I think there was a part where he worried for her safety in the attack but she not the only one he worried about.

Emi thought Djinn was unprofessional and might distract Damian but we never saw Damian distracted so Emi was just making assumption. The only time we've seen Damian get distracted and lose it ironically was when Emi got hurt.
    Yes, the story doesn't make completly clear, but is obvious that it was Glass intention, especially since that scene in the hospital when they have the coms open, is a pretty common trope in this kind of set up. So in my opinion this is more of Glass having an idea of where he wants to go but sort of skipping steps that he should have taken. Interaction outside the field between the two is one one of then. Of course the other possibility is a more darker one, that maybe Djinn has been influencing Damian with her powers by accident, kind of similar to something that Raven did Dick in the 80s....but i really don't want that for Damian, that would be pretty awfull.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yes, the story doesn't make completly clear, but is obvious that it was Glass intention, especially since that scene in the hospital when they have the coms open, is a pretty common trope in this kind of set up. So in my opinion this is more of Glass having an idea of where he wants to go but sort of skipping steps that he should have taken. Interaction outside the field between the two is one one of then. Of course the other possibility is a more darker one, that maybe Djinn has been influencing Damian with her powers by accident, kind of similar to something that Raven did Dick in the 80s....but i really don't want that for Damian, that would be pretty awfull.
    It's not that I don't think he can open up it's just that when other titles show him still guarded around friendly and family that he trusts his behaviour here is an exception. An outlier.

I don't want it to be magic which might mean she's evil and I'm sure there is supposed to be a traitor in the group.

Does her magic work by accident?

It's not that I don't think he can open up it's just that when other titles show him still guarded around friendly and family that he trusts his behaviour here is an exception. An outlier.

I don't want it to be magic which might mean she's evil and I'm sure there is supposed to be a traitor in the group.

Does her magic work by accident?
    Not as far as i know, but these kind of plot aren't weird in comic books, especially with teenagers and of course a traitor storyline for the TT is a tradition (a pretty bad one). I was just throwing that as an alternative possibility, i really hope that it doesn't go there. Still Djinn's past is going to come back to haunt her at some point, but who knows in what way, lets just hope that is at least entertaining.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Discarded Metal Cover Layout

https://twitter.com/stjepansejic
    Damn, Goliath is a beast there and speaking of, I miss Goliath, when was the last time he showed up anyway?