Page 6 of 272 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Detective #1000 Enter the BatCave

Last edited by dietrich; 01-04-2019 at 06:39 AM.

The Oath

I know the festive period is over but this was so nice so

https://twitter.com/a__v__c__d

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Damian looks really good here. Nearly as pretty as Jim's Dick Grayson from ASBR who is hands down the most aesthetically pleasing Robin

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So is Damian going to be Tomasi's Robin on Tec? This is a cool cover

The Oath

Where's Goliath these days? Glass not a fan?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm having The Lion King flashback when I saw Damian comparing paw prints with his dad

8242a673866c29360b047530578f88f4._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"Sigh... ten more years... at least"

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm having The Lion King flashback when I saw Damian comparing paw prints with his dad

8242a673866c29360b047530578f88f4._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"Sigh... ten more years... at least"
    Panels like that touch me the most because I can recognise them from my own life. Tomasi's Batman was relatable.
    What happened to his IPod?

His music and Art have been ignored by writers or perhaps he hasn't had time for leisure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Panels like that touch me the most because I can recognise them from my own life. Tomasi's Batman was relatable.
    What happened to his IPod?

His music and Art have been ignored by writers or perhaps he hasn't had time for leisure.
    The first issue of Robin: SOB revealed that the iPod was a spying/communication device of either Ra's or Talia. Which answers one of the questions brought up by the long forsaken but still the best Damian tumblr @deconstructingdamian of where it came from and who gave it to him. Although Damian clearly didn't know that, given his reaction to Ravi talking on it, and I suspected it was Talia not Ra's as she's much more likely to take advantage of the lack of communication between the bats and drop of a small present knowing that Alfred, Bruce, and Dick all would assume the other got it for him, or maybe even Tim.

Oddly enough, the lack of his practicing his art, music, and theater doesn't bother me like it should because it explains his attitude and behavior regression. Way back in September @irene asked me if I thought Damian's mental health was better than Bruce's despite his past, and the answer was yes because of his nonviolent creative pursuits. His explanation to Carrie about why he wanted to get into theater is actually one of the reasons listed by the American VA and various young offenders rehabilitation programs as why acting and staging productions are highly effective treatments for C-PTSD. Creating art, be it music, crafting, painting, or sculpture is widely regarded as one of the best and most effective ways to work through and recover from traumatic experiences, particularly combat. So his not doing any of those things correlates with his going down a dark path and making terrible decisions in response to Metal, No Justice, and the cluster of emotional abuse and neglect that is King's Batman direction.

The iPod, though, that was some impressive long range story planning on the parts of Tomasi and Gleason.

Have you guys seen what was revealed about Damian in Tomasi's new issue of Detective Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by irene View Post
    Have you guys seen what was revealed about Damian in Tomasi's new issue of Detective Comics?

ALFRED.. You revealed Damian secret..

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Oddly enough, the lack of his practicing his art, music, and theater doesn't bother me like it should because it explains his attitude and behavior regression. Way back in September @irene asked me if I thought Damian's mental health was better than Bruce's despite his past, and the answer was yes because of his nonviolent creative pursuits. His explanation to Carrie about why he wanted to get into theater is actually one of the reasons listed by the American VA and various young offenders rehabilitation programs as why acting and staging productions are highly effective treatments for C-PTSD. Creating art, be it music, crafting, painting, or sculpture is widely regarded as one of the best and most effective ways to work through and recover from traumatic experiences, particularly combat. So his not doing any of those things correlates with his going down a dark path and making terrible decisions in response to Metal, No Justice, and the cluster of emotional abuse and neglect that is King's Batman direction.

The iPod, though, that was some impressive long range story planning on the parts of Tomasi and Gleason.
    That's a cool way to think about it. He's not indulging in his creative hobbies anymore because of his current state of mind/behavior. But I wish this was actually addressed in story. Ever since TT began, Damian's been regressing and it's never acknowledged. If writers actually showed something like this, showed maybe Carrie or someone wondering why Damian cancelled his lessons, or a family member commenting on a change in his behavior--something to signal that there's something going on, then I'd be happy.