Page 62 of 272 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Although, I have to say with the new run of Teen Titans while I am liking about 90 percent of what Glass is doing in the book the art is a bit hot or miss for me. As anyone else noticed that the art style seems to make the Crush, Emiko, and Djinn look pretty good. But looks a bit out of place on the Male characters?
    Attachment 78970
    Like take this image from the newest issue Djinn looks great, but Damian looks a little off. I think the proportions the artist used for the faces looks better on female characters than it does for Male characters. Is it just me?
    It's the Jolie syndrome. It suits females better than males

His style fits older males more. His older damian from BB was on point

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Yeah, it's been talked about quite a bit. I like Chang as an artist, I think he does a god job with details, how the panels are shaped out. The characters when drawn are good except with the lips obviously. I also don't like the way he draws KF's suit. A minor gripe there.
    The last TT issue the art looked particularly exaggerated I thought.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The last TT issue the art looked particularly exaggerated I thought.
    Which makes me believe even more that all is not as it appears.

I have to say when it comes to facial expressions Damian has a very diverse range of expressions.Attachment 78967 It really depends on the artists and plots. Like there are times were they show him getting just as beaten down as Bruce and other times as good looking as Dick. Attachment 78968 Attachment 78969
    Gleason is the one whose Damian stands out the most [before Chang] His Damian was unique compared to the other bat kids.
    Rebirth Batman, Deathstroke and Supersons have the pretty boy Damian though Deathstroke manages to balance his good looks with enough attitude delivering the best take on the character

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Gleason is the one whose Damian stands out the most [before Chang] His Damian was unique compared to the other bat kids.
    Rebirth Batman, Deathstroke and Supersons have the pretty boy Damian though Deathstroke manages to balance his good looks with enough attitude delivering the best take on the character
    I like how he's drawn in Deathstroke.

You think the look of the art hints at something in TT? Interesting but I doubt it.

Fantastic Member

Gleason's art has always been my favorite when it comes to Damian. Also, the only interesting thing within the art for me was Djinn brother whose design in that issue also looks like its taken from mythology about genies. He looks and is characterized as a Shaitan or a evil Djinn that can take human form but, are meant to be a manifestation of evil and ugliness. Also, their feet always remain hooves which you can see in the image. He also could possiblity be Iblīs, the devil. He and the shaitans whisper evil suggestions into men’s ears but have no real power over men. The shaitans can only tempt, and their success depends on their ingenuity. Which explains why he has to have Djinn kill the children and why he keeps giving Djinn to other masters.

RCO017_1550710483.jpg Depiction_of_a_demon_in_Islamic_mythology.jpg
    Last edited by shadow6743; 02-27-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Gleason's art has always been my favorite when it comes to Damian. Also, the only interesting thing within the art for me was Djinn brother whose design in that issue also looks like its taken from mythology about genies. He looks and is characterized as a Shaitan or a evil Djinn that can take human form but, are meant to be a manifestation of evil and ugliness. Also, their feet always remain hooves which you can see in the image. He also could possiblity be Iblīs, the devil. He and the shaitans whisper evil suggestions into men’s ears but have no real power over men. The shaitans can only tempt, and their success depends on their ingenuity. Which explains why he has to have Djinn kill the children and why he keeps giving Djinn to other masters.

RCO017_1550710483.jpg Depiction_of_a_demon_in_Islamic_mythology.jpg
    My theory is supposing the strong deviation/differences in the last issue were a stylistic choice to show that the moment wasn't natural. Lets face it the kissy panels are the only ones that looked really strange.

Fantastic Member

I think its more of they art style. It really does not suit men in my opinion. It looks more natural on Djinn, Emiko, and Crush.

With baby chicks

Last edited by dietrich; 02-27-2019 at 06:54 PM.

I never knew fans cared so much about their heights but I'm enjoying the shout backs to Gleason's tec cover

Tec 1000

https://twitter.com/Meat0_0

Father and Son by Chris Burnham

I like how Chris draws Damian. His Damian is the most expressive

I love the added detail here : The face Damian's making since he doesn't eat meat
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-27-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Father and Son by Chris Burnham

I like how Chris draws Damian. His Damian is the most expressive

I love the added detail here : The face Damian's making since he doesn't eat meat
    lol they forget that so often

BANNED

I never knew fans cared so much about their heights but I'm enjoying the shout backs to Gleason's tec cover

Tec 1000

https://twitter.com/Meat0_0
    I love Damian's soapbox and especially Dick's stilettos.