Page 7 of 272 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah if it's not shown or addressed in the story then my first thought is the current writer just don't know, based on experience that a lot of DC writers just ignore portrayal in other or previous books when writing their own.

Quote Originally Posted by irene View Post
    Have you guys seen what was revealed about Damian in Tomasi's new issue of Detective Comics?

I don't like this. This is on par with Rebirth Tim and we know how unpopular that guy is all because of his sue tendencies.

Have you guys seen what was revealed about Damian in Tomasi's new issue of Detective Comics?

Geez... but the reason I can ignore Damian's impossible level of skill set is because he has tons of character flaw. Heck, he's known first for his character flaw.

Also, because in the Golden Age, Dick also operated on Bruce at the age of 8-10, and that's before Alfred even came to the house.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He saved Bruce. Nice. Does he perhaps know how to restore memories? That's a story I want to read Also is this how Bruce finds out what Damian is up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Geez... but the reason I can ignore Damian's impossible level of skill set is because he has tons of character flaw. Heck, he's known first for his character flaw.

Also, because in the Golden Age, Dick also operated on Bruce at the age of 8-10, and that's before Alfred even came to the house.
    He did? How did they explain that ability?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    He saved Bruce. Nice. Does he perhaps know how to restore memories? That's a story I want to read Also is this how Bruce finds out what Damian is up to?
    We are not that lucky. We have to put up with Ric a bit more sadly

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He did? How did they explain that ability?
    I forgot. It's either something Bruce taught before or Bruce directed him as he lay on the table semiconscious.

If the impossible skill is what Damian brags as something he can do then I will be okay with it but to have another character said it (and Alfred of all people) just seems so wrong.

I totally missed the moment when you guys here were sharing about how you first found Damian but despite that I’m still gonna share mine. It’s nothing special though, I was just randomly reading some wikis when I found out that Bruce actually had a bio son and instantly got interested in that character (since at that time I was sold on the idea of Supes having his own bio son because of Superman Returns movie) only to find out later after further research that he was at that time dead.

I was like “how come???” and “what a wasted potential” (and that was before I actually read about Damian) so somehow I was having this urge to find out more on why he was dead and what kind of character this kid was when he was still alive. But before I actually read comics about him, first I read what people (readers) had to say about him so I read many posts about his character and his relationship with other characters. Because of that my interest in him grew so much to the point that I thought I had to read him in panels so I just did and the first comic about him I read was Tomasi’s B&R.

Not long after that he was revived again (yay) and by that point I had read many previous titles about him and become a Damian fan.

Also don’t you think for a character Damian has many unique traits? They are not the main reasons of why I like Damian the best but the simple things such as the way he talks, his catchphrase “TT”, the way he call people’s real name, and his likes on animals to the point of having his own pets are things that are uniquely his own out of all the batfam.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Same here. After watching his movie I wanted to know more. Turned out he was dead but the search turned me onto the Robins in general [I knew Dick from animation and kinda knew that joker offed one] I really liked the concept of the batfamily so decided to pick up some comics. Morrison's B&R was my very 1st comic. I ended up marathoning runs featuring all the Robins and discovering a new hobby.

Same here. After watching his movie I wanted to know more. Turned out he was dead but the search turned me onto the Robins in general [I knew Dick from animation and kinda knew that joker offed one] I really liked the concept of the batfamily so decided to pick up some comics. Morrison's B&R was my very 1st comic. I ended up marathoning runs featuring all the Robins and discovering a new hobby.
    I read Tomasi’s B&R first and Morrison’s later but I ended up liking the latter more than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I read Tomasi’s B&R first and Morrison’s later but I ended up liking the latter more than the former.
    Most times I can't decide which I like better. I love each run for different reasons. However Morrison's Reborn concept is so perfect the way it brings batman full circle and spotlight's Batman's greatest achievement. Dick Grayson. A broken character like Bruce raising a well adjusted and better hero who ends up being the one person willing and able to save Bruce's orphan [Talia disowned him] is beautiful.

It restored Robin to it's original purpose ; saving a young kid in need. Even better it was the original Robin now using it not just to save a kid but to reform a killer. I love it and the idea is that thanks to Grayson and Bruce Damian will be an even better Batman than those 2 as revealed in BB Rebirth [if DC knocks it off with the evil teasing ] then we get Batman 700. Damian saves and mentors Terry and so forth. Batman keeps on. Getting better which each new successor.

Yeah Morrison's is superior. Tomasi's is an emotional feast full of beautiful moments and stories that will always be special to me but Morrison is on a different level. I think I revisit Tomasi's more though.

Most times I can't decide which I like better. I love each run for different reasons. However Morrison's Reborn concept is so perfect the way it brings batman full circle and spotlight's Batman's greatest achievement. Dick Grayson. A broken character like Bruce raising a well adjusted and better hero who ends up being the one person willing and able to save Bruce's orphan [Talia disowned him] is beautiful.

It restored Robin to it's original purpose ; saving a young kid in need. Even better it was the original Robin now using it not just to save a kid but to reform a killer. I love it and the idea is that thanks to Grayson and Bruce Damian will be an even better Batman than those 2 as revealed in BB Rebirth [if DC knocks it off with the evil teasing ] then we get Batman 700. Damian saves and mentors Terry and so forth. Batman keeps on. Getting better which each new successor.

Yeah Morrison's is superior. Tomasi's is an emotional feast full of beautiful moments and stories that will always be special to me but Morrison is on a different level. I think I revisit Tomasi's more though.
    I agree. Tomasi's did a lot more character work with Damian and Bruce, and in that capacity I prefer it to Morrisons, but Morrison's B&R was top tier. The only problem is when I want to recommend it to new readers, I know that the last arc is going to be really confusing if they haven't read RIP and Return of Bruce Wayne (and even if they HAVE lol). Morrison is not the easiest writer to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I agree. Tomasi's did a lot more character work with Damian and Bruce, and in that capacity I prefer it to Morrisons, but Morrison's B&R was top tier. The only problem is when I want to recommend it to new readers, I know that the last arc is going to be really confusing if they haven't read RIP and Return of Bruce Wayne (and even if they HAVE lol). Morrison is not the easiest writer to start with.
    New readers might not find it hard to follow. I was a new reader, first comic I ever read and I got it. Mostly. There were a few references I didn't get and stuff/characters I needed to follow up but that didn't spoil it for me. I just enjoyed the duo featured and caught up on other books later.

After a few months of back reading Bat family books I revisited the run and It was tons better but mainly because I knew the characters better, knew more about their history so I could appreciate the partnership and the concept a lot more.

I say do recommend. I picked it up for Dick and Damian. Their story was easy to follow so I didn't struggle.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-07-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Adventures of The Supersons #6