Page 70 of 272 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4078

And people wonder why he is the way he is

this book was joy. I might revisit it this weekend.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-05-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Lol at Filthy Bastard Midget. He really is.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    And people wonder why he is the way he is

this book was joy. I might revisit it this weekend.
    Lol at Filthy Bastard Midget. He really is.

I love it. the first scan explains the filthy and the Bastard maybe the midget too.

I often re read Damian books or stories that he appeared in. Last one I checked out was Dark knights. next is going to be the dumpster fire Damian Son of Batman. It's really bad yet it's entertaining. Similar to ASBAR
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-05-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Only thing that would have made it better, is if the dragon's head popped up from behind the couch. lol
    Ikr. That must be a big couch.

This really cool. Interesting I've been seeing a lot of Batman and Son fan art recently. Since the year started, I wonder why?

Has anyone else seen this

Or This?

Here's a better Image

I see tweaked certain thing's. Damian look's like the sort of kid that play D&D and he is dressed like little me used to when we used to play fighting games.
    I don't hate it. I'm just confused.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-05-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Or This?

"I don't care what you want DAMIAN I'm calling you Damian"

Emotional caring Batman is adorable.

I'm worried that this Damian is going to a more agreeable Damian. I don't like that.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-05-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

Wait, that is meant to be Damian? That doesn't look like him at all.����

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Wait, that is meant to be Damian? That doesn't look like him at all.����
    The whole decision is confusing. Maybe that's what middle schoolers find appealing.

I hope the target audience likes it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I love it. the first scan explains the filthy and the Bastard maybe the midget too.

I often re read Damian books or stories that he appeared in. Last one I checked out was Dark knights. next is going to be the dumpster fire Damian Son of Batman. It's really bad yet it's entertaining. Similar to ASBAR
    I too thought Damian: SOB was a dumpster fire when it came out, but it improves on the reread. Particularly if you realize it ties in to #700 (where the rape conception, for the record, was retconned back out to lala land where it belongs with all the times Selina had dub con sex with Bruce). If you pair them together, you'll catch that body that looks like Tim is super important as 700 shows that the Return of the Joker story happened in that universe. I had to read some of the reviews to catch that the talking cat is actually Damian having a full psychotic break due to his C-PTSD, the complete rejection of all of his genetic relatives, and the loss of the only two people who loved him unconditionally (because let's face it, outside of bad fan fiction Bruce is incapable of unconditional love). There's also the fact that Ra's and Talia fully considered Dick Damian's father since in this universe Talia never set the bounty on Damian to force Bruce into having a relationship with Damian. In addition there's strong possibility that Bruce did permanently hook up with Selina, which as we know from AoSS, King's Batman, Nolanverse, For Want of a Nail, and almost every other alternate universe written and Tim's various bad futures means Bruce did what he has always done if boinking Selina when there's someone else to adult for him: took off and left no forwarding address.

There's a lot of interesting stuff shoved into the story, but it hinges on the understanding that Talia lost interest in Leviathan and Damian and let it all peter out to go back to being with her father. It and 666 could be the same universe, but that would mean Damian himself hit the point where he decided that Bruce was never his father, Dick is. (666 also retconned out the rape retcon, it's obnoxious and stupid that Didio forced it back into canon despite fan and writer backlash and keeps trying to make Selina into what Talia was).

Considering Terry is in play already in the main canon through Warren in Gotham Academy, it's possible that Damian did decide genetics don't a parent make.

I just get a kick out of the fact that not only did Ra's start referring to Dick in his head as "Detective" long before he called Tim "Detective," and in the next four to seven years decided that Bruce never had been and that Dick was the one true Batman. As did Talia. That's a magnificent snub.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I too thought Damian: SOB was a dumpster fire when it came out, but it improves on the reread. Particularly if you realize it ties in to #700 (where the rape conception, for the record, was retconned back out to lala land where it belongs with all the times Selina had dub con sex with Bruce). If you pair them together, you'll catch that body that looks like Tim is super important as 700 shows that the Return of the Joker story happened in that universe. I had to read some of the reviews to catch that the talking cat is actually Damian having a full psychotic break due to his C-PTSD, the complete rejection of all of his genetic relatives, and the loss of the only two people who loved him unconditionally (because let's face it, outside of bad fan fiction Bruce is incapable of unconditional love). There's also the fact that Ra's and Talia fully considered Dick Damian's father since in this universe Talia never set the bounty on Damian to force Bruce into having a relationship with Damian. In addition there's strong possibility that Bruce did permanently hook up with Selina, which as we know from AoSS, King's Batman, Nolanverse, For Want of a Nail, and almost every other alternate universe written and Tim's various bad futures means Bruce did what he has always done if boinking Selina when there's someone else to adult for him: took off and left no forwarding address.

There's a lot of interesting stuff shoved into the story, but it hinges on the understanding that Talia lost interest in Leviathan and Damian and let it all peter out to go back to being with her father. It and 666 could be the same universe, but that would mean Damian himself hit the point where he decided that Bruce was never his father, Dick is. (666 also retconned out the rape retcon, it's obnoxious and stupid that Didio forced it back into canon despite fan and writer backlash and keeps trying to make Selina into what Talia was).

Considering Terry is in play already in the main canon through Warren in Gotham Academy, it's possible that Damian did decide genetics don't a parent make.

I just get a kick out of the fact that not only did Ra's start referring to Dick in his head as "Detective" long before he called Tim "Detective," and in the next four to seven years decided that Bruce never had been and that Dick was the one true Batman. As did Talia. That's a magnificent snub.
    Well looks like I missed a lot from the title like the ref to the animated movie. The title is incredibly woven and entertaining. Batman 700 is something I've always been fascinated by.

Bruce a bad father who bonks off the instant he gets a stiffie shocker. Dick has always been then superior man. Bruce's success is in Dick and the people around him.

Robin Rises also retconned the rape though I was surprised to see Dc bring it back as it tried to make a case why Talia isn't wife material. Although the same issue in try to discredit all love interest aside from Selina made the huge gaffe of implying the Patience version of Catwoman from that awful movie was canon.

DC is just all over the place.

Anyway Damian Son of Batman is a book that improves on every read and it always guaranteed to crack me up.