Page 8 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Damian hunts fruit. I guess we now know what type of bat he is.

Since no one else has posted it, Adventures of the Super Sons #6 preview.

https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...ons-6.html?m=1

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So honest question, when Damian and Jon do finally meet now that Jon's been aged up *sigh * how do you think he will react, an is this going to push him farther into regressing?

He’ll probably be upset that Jon is going the way of Chris Kent. I know I am...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He's going to be upset at his height spurt that's for sure

I honestly can’t imagine how Damian will react to that. maybe upset but he won’t show it.
    I even wonder if any writer will ever show Damian having any reaction or not at all
    Last edited by fanfan13; 01-09-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Damian hunts fruit. I guess we now know what type of bat he is.

Since no one else has posted it, Adventures of the Super Sons #6 preview.

https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...ons-6.html?m=1
    That opening page with Damian narration is adorable and exactly what I used to do when I was a kid and pretending to be Superman.

I like how Tomasi keeps bringing up these classics. Space Cabbie and now this monkey thing. Can't wait to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I honestly can’t imagine how Damian will react to that. maybe upset but he won’t show it.
    I even wonder if any writer will ever show Damian having any reaction or not at all
    I'm more worried about Bendis following up on his joke about damian not being happy about Tim becoming Robin. I hope he doesn't feel inspired to touch that or anything to do with Damian. He already got his hands on Jon and Leveithan/Talia. Those went well.

I hope we get to see damian react. My guess is he hates Jon being taller and older than him. He's happy Jon is more mature and less doe-eyed. He isn't really shocked because when you've risen from being dead and your Gramps has a pool that brings back people and your mum literally had clones farms for spare-parts on hand and your brother came back after being blown up and dead for 20 years and your Dad ............

Yeah he won't be that surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    The first issue of Robin: SOB revealed that the iPod was a spying/communication device of either Ra's or Talia. Which answers one of the questions brought up by the long forsaken but still the best Damian tumblr @deconstructingdamian of where it came from and who gave it to him. Although Damian clearly didn't know that, given his reaction to Ravi talking on it, and I suspected it was Talia not Ra's as she's much more likely to take advantage of the lack of communication between the bats and drop of a small present knowing that Alfred, Bruce, and Dick all would assume the other got it for him, or maybe even Tim.

Oddly enough, the lack of his practicing his art, music, and theater doesn't bother me like it should because it explains his attitude and behavior regression. Way back in September @irene asked me if I thought Damian's mental health was better than Bruce's despite his past, and the answer was yes because of his nonviolent creative pursuits. His explanation to Carrie about why he wanted to get into theater is actually one of the reasons listed by the American VA and various young offenders rehabilitation programs as why acting and staging productions are highly effective treatments for C-PTSD. Creating art, be it music, crafting, painting, or sculpture is widely regarded as one of the best and most effective ways to work through and recover from traumatic experiences, particularly combat. So his not doing any of those things correlates with his going down a dark path and making terrible decisions in response to Metal, No Justice, and the cluster of emotional abuse and neglect that is King's Batman direction.

The iPod, though, that was some impressive long range story planning on the parts of Tomasi and Gleason.
    I had forgotten about the ipod being a spying tool. I did read that.

Isn't it wonderful that with just those little details Tomasi and Gleason have shown more knowledge and positive representation of dealing with trauma than King has done with his entire library of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm more worried about Bendis following up on his joke about damian not being happy about Tim becoming Robin. I hope he doesn't feel inspired to touch that or anything to do with Damian. He already got his hands on Jon and Leveithan/Talia. Those went well.
    He actually said things like that?? Sounds like bad news although I have no idea how informed Bendis is with the whole Damian and Tim thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    He actually said things like that?? Sounds like bad news although I have no idea how informed Bendis is with the whole Damian and Tim thing.
    The fact that he drooped such a line to bait fans and included a quote of best Robin after tim's mention in a solicit tells me that he is aware there was/is bad blood and he is hoping to capitalise on that.

However it doesn't matter since Bendis is well known for disregarding what actual canon is or what others have written.

BANNED

Damian made a cameo in Deathstroke today nothing big but he's going to show up full time soon enough and what was up with those last 2 pages in Batman 62? AOSS was ok this month but nothing special imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Damian made a cameo in Deathstroke today nothing big but he's going to show up full time soon enough and what was up with those last 2 pages in Batman 62? AOSS was ok this month but nothing special imo.
    Really? I got a kick out of Damian hunting fruit and Jon shouting random things to startle the creature, even "I came in like a wrecking ball!" and "Shazam!".

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Really? I got a kick out of Damian hunting fruit and Jon shouting random things to startle the creature, even "I came in like a wrecking ball!" and "Shazam!".
    I really want more of this. I really miss the fact that the earlier idea for YJ didnt go through. That would have been a hood place for Jon and Damian. Having at least two people their ages, Iris and Jai west, Steph, Vergil, Kara and Megan as semi mentors. It looked to be a fun book.

I'm loving AoSS, I'm iffy that Bendis would do something mean with Jon and Damian. I do think that his doe-eyed aspect will still be there and Damian will be like "Tt" about it. But yeah this is gonna yest their friendship. I'm hoping someone does them right.

Damian is also in Batman this week. Not excetly sure where there going with it, but they’re going somewhere.

bleeding cool yesterday hinted that today's batman will have some hints re Damian's future as Robin. Still at work anyone have spoilers what the scene was?