Page 80 of 272 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4078
    Incredible Member

So I finally realized why I feel like TT isn't best for Damian....he hasn't made personal connections with any of his teammates. The closest hes made was with Wallace but Wallace has been closed off to everyone except whatshisname. Super Sons felt like the best book for Damian, he actually made a strong personal connection and even in the last issues of the run he was starting to make emotional decisions to help Jon. They really need to make Damian lose the ruthless asshole act. It only works when hes newly introduced to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I was thinking either Djinn or Crush could take down Deathstroke. It would be interesting to have Djinn do it so we could get her character arc after Crush. Or may Crush does it and that is what leads Lobo to the Titans. I mean if your going to try to kill Lobo taking down Deathstroke is good practice. Finally, I think I am getting to the point where I see comic book solicits and covers trying to sound and look way more dramatic than the stories actually are. Not saying I am not going to enjoy this cross over. But, in modern comics, when has a cover or solicit truly reflected what was written in a comic?

I mean Deathstroke is a soldier and part of winning a war is psychological. He does not have to get Damian to kill him to "fix" him. He just has to make Damian, the Teen Titans, and the world think he did.
    Why is Slade even trying to fix Damian? he has enough kids to make disciples. Why try to turn Damian?
    Slade also isn't the type and shouldn't be going through with such an elaborate hoax because Damian. Does he want a Robin that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So I finally realized why I feel like TT isn't best for Damian....he hasn't made personal connections with any of his teammates. The closest hes made was with Wallace but Wallace has been closed off to everyone except whatshisname. Super Sons felt like the best book for Damian, he actually made a strong personal connection and even in the last issues of the run he was starting to make emotional decisions to help Jon. They really need to make Damian lose the ruthless asshole act. It only works when hes newly introduced to the universe.
    It's not an act and it's about time some fans learn to understand that Damian is ruthless and kind of an arsehole it's why a lot of us love the Rambutious short man.
    However Ruthless arseholes can also make emotional decisions to help others and the world. Even those who aren't their friends, family or even human

Dick
    Bruce
    Alfred
    Maya
    Colin
    Suren
    The Demon's fist
    Scarlett
    Grundy
    Batcow etc Damian has been making emotional decisions to help others while at the same time being a ruthless asshole since Morrison

On this team he has a personal connection with Emiko, Djinn and Wallace so not sure what you are on about. Shame you don't feel this team works for him but I disagree and i'm really looking forward to this arc.

Damian is never going to be nice and that's nice.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-16-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's not an act and it's about time some fans learn to understand that Damian is ruthless and kind of an arsehole it's why a lot of us love the Rambutious short man.
    However Ruthless arseholes can also make emotional decisions to help others and the world. Even those who aren't their friends, family or even human

Dick
    Maya
    Colin
    Suren
    The Demon's fist
    Scarlett
    Grundy
    Batcow etc Damian has been making emotional decisions to help others while at the same time being a ruthless asshole since Morrison

On this team he has a personal connection with Emiko, Djinn and Wallace so not such what you are on about. Shame you don't feel this team works for him but I disagree and i'm really looking forward to this arc.

Damian is never going to be nice and that's nice.
    Damian can be nice lol. I remember everybody starting to love him because he was turning nice. I'm not saying he should turn nice though. I'm not saying this team doesn't work for him but I think they can do more with Damian instead of just reverting to his ruthless asshole personality. Maybe its just me missing the Super Sons team up.

Who knows, maybe things will change post Terminus Agenda.

Damian can be nice lol. I remember everybody starting to love him because he was turning nice. I'm not saying he should turn nice though. I'm not saying this team doesn't work for him but I think they can do more with Damian instead of just reverting to his ruthless asshole personality. Maybe its just me missing the Super Sons team up.

Who knows, maybe things will change post Terminus Agenda.
    Do you know how many different writers have written Damian Since rebirth?
    Do you know how many titles he has been in?

Tomasi's Supersons Damian is an anomally that doesn't look like the others. The odd man out in a shit load of titles and stories. And we aren't just talking DC stuff. IDW stuff [Orlando,Seeley and Tynion's Crossovers] included.

Damian in Supersons is watered down because of the tone of that title much like lil Gotham Damian &co were watered down to suit the tone of that book.

i lot of fans love supersons Damian. A lot of people who never liked Damian came to like/tolerate that version but that guy is Damian with certain traits highlighted and other traits toned down. That's PG feels Damian the smol angry bean that tumblr likes to draw amped up [I like him more in AoSS. He's more Damian in that]

Damian isn't going to change his ruthless, ass holey personality much because it is part of who he is. They are not reverting anything since it never left and it mostly won't. he's just going to learn how to adapt/channel/control it as he grows like his Dad does.

I'm glad fans have Supersons for nice Damian but I'm also glad lots of fans and creators love the more complex asshole who helps others since that's the Damian I love the most.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Why is Slade even trying to fix Damian? he has enough kids to make disciples. Why try to turn Damian?
    Slade also isn't the type and shouldn't be going through with such an elaborate hoax because Damian. Does he want a Robin that much?
    I don't know why he wants to "fix" Damian. But, going after Robin as kind of been Deathstroke MO since New Teen Titans. It what he does and it helps him get a jab at Batman. Also, him doing this sort of thing lets him get off the grid. Law enforcement will not be looking for a dead man and neither will Teen Titans or any other superhero. So, to him it will allow him to take care of two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I don't know why he wants to "fix" Damian. But, going after Robin as kind of been Deathstroke MO since New Teen Titans. It what he does and it helps him get a jab at Batman. Also, him doing this sort of thing lets him get off the grid. Law enforcement will not be looking for a dead man and neither will Teen Titans or any other superhero. So, to him it will allow him to take care of two problems.
    Yep. My money is on something more along these lines.

It has to be fake. Still I'm pulling them both. The solicits for both TT and Deathstroke are just FIRE! Lobo and Legion of Doom. Oh my gosh does this mean the team has to go up against both?
    Yeah, we're definitely talking about a fakeout here. After all, spoilers:
    If Slade really was dead, wouldn't his book be over? It's not listed as FINAL ISSUE.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we're definitely talking about a fakeout here. After all, spoilers:
    If Slade really was dead, wouldn't his book be over? It's not listed as FINAL ISSUE.
    end of spoilers
    Yet another great point.nah I'm not buying it.

spoilers:
    Deathstroke RIP. Priest referencing Morrison's run once again. It's lost on me that Batman didn't actually die in Batman RIP
    end of spoilers

Supersons Damian is a lot more easy to like than the Uncensored full flavour Damian. TT Damian is a more interesting and complex. I prefer TT Damian but he's a little too much for my kids. Which is where the pros of variety comes in. They have Supersons until they are old enough which for my daughter is October then I'll let her read stuff like B&R, TT, RSOB etc

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The movie is out 31/03/19 and the schedule for the Zoom titles are as follows:

DC Zoom (ages 8-12):

SUPER SONS: THE POLARSHIELD PROJECT (April 2, 2019)—written by Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez

DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: SPACED OUT (June 4, 2019)—written by Shea Fontana and illustrated by Agnes Garbowska

DEAR JUSTICE LEAGUE (August 6, 2019)—written by Michael Northrop and illustrated by Gustavo Duarte

SUPERMAN OF SMALLVILLE(September 3, 2019)—written by Art Baltazar and Franco and Illustrated by Art Baltazar

THE SECRET SPIRAL OF SWAMP KID(October 1, 2019)—written and illustrated by Kirk Scroggs

DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: AT METROPOLIS HIGH(October 15, 2019)—written by Amy Wolfram and illustrated by Yancey Labat

BLACK CANARY: IGNITE(November 5, 2019)—written by Meg Cabot and illustrated by Cara McGee

SUPER SONS: THE FOXGLOVE MISSION(November 5, 2019)—written by Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez

DIANA, PRINCESS OF THE AMAZONS(January 7, 2020)—written by Shannon and Dean Hale and illustrated by Victoria Ying

GREEN LANTERN: LEGACY(January 21, 2020)—written by Minh Lę and illustrated by Andie Tong

Thank you.
    Wasn't aware of the Swamp Thing Zoom title.

Teen Titans and Deathstroke have my money. Whatever the outcome I'm sure we are in for a good time with Priest attached.

When did Damian and Deathstorke become so involved. So much history in and out of comics. I'm not one for Slade always targeting Robins but I don't mind Damian Wayne and Slade Wilson antagonising each other.

Now I want more than ever for Priest to get a long run on Batman .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Teen Titans and Deathstroke have my money. Whatever the outcome I'm sure we are in for a good time with Priest attached.

When did Damian and Deathstorke become so involved. So much history in and out of comics. I'm not one for Slade always targeting Robins but I don't mind Damian Wayne and Slade Wilson antagonising each other.

Now I want more than ever for Priest to get a long run on Batman .
    Started with DS Rebirth 4/5 then Titans/TT crossover, but it became a significant involvement with DS vs Batman arc.

Started with DS Rebirth 4/5 then Titans/TT crossover, but it became a significant involvement with DS vs Batman arc.
    I say it started in Son of Batman Movie where his loses his eye to Damian and in a later movie Kidnaps Damian, vows to make him call him papa and fetch him his slippers. This conflict took root even before Damian became Robin and isn't batman/Robin related.
    Then Robin Son of Batman where they clash over Maya. This standoff isn't Robin related.

Then came Rebirth Deathstroke where they had their 1st Robin/Batman related standoff.

They already had an antagonistic relationship before Priest who if you remember had the pair bring up their RSOB face off in DS#4 war of words. It's just that those were not related to being Robin.

Not to mention that in Morrison's batman and robin when Deathstroke hijacked Damian's body in an attempt to kill Dick Grayson.

On reflection a showdown has been brewing between the two. I'm not a fond of two characters I like fighting but the solicits sound epic, the writers involved are solid and it has been built up over time.