Page 97 of 272 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4078
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-09-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian in the preview for tom Taylors DCeased

Damian looks about 15 -17. Same age as Jon.

Are they going to age him up as well? Also nice shirts boys.
    typical teens to into their game to move a muscle. Did Jon forget he had powers? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim drake should disappear

this starting to get awkward
    It is getting mighty awkward now. It's like DC is desperately trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

DC really sucks at Legacy.

They keep trying to push one at the expense of another.

They screwed over Dick's generation for the Young Justice Generation and now They are about to screw Damian's budding generation for the Young justice generation before they've even had a chance to do anything.

nd they are making more characters carelessly without considering what's already available. bendis just created teen lantern well anyone remember Pham?

Created just months before YJ.

DC stop indulging creators, use the characters you already have,give everyone fair treatment. There's no need to torpedo one generation for the benefit of another.

I don't advocate getting rid of characters but lame ducks need to be shot and the fat trimed. At the very least learn how to manage your assets better.

Bloody sort out your generations and for the love of gods sort the Batfamily out [not everyone needs to be suckling at the bat teat]

The Titans is a tested and profitable brand that has endured. Supersons is a brand with lots of success and full of potential. Young justice is a brand that evokes lots of loyalty. They can all live together. Stop taking fans and character for granted

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian looks about 15 -17. Same age as Jon.

Are they going to age him up as well?
    That would be pretty idiotic imo. It would be imo far better to age Jon down again.

Both the Super Sons and the YJ4 have their fans and can sell comics, creating with out any good reason where they have to retire one is just dumb.

I think in general that with the ages the charcter reached arround flashpoint, they kind of reached the maximum of how much they could age these characters in the main continuity.

And I don't really see a need to age up Damian and Jon allready, they have not been arround that long, and there is not really a need to change up the status quo at the moment.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-09-2019 at 02:46 AM.

So SuperSons The PolarShield Project was a thing..... that I read. Aah. Okay this title shouldn't have been called Supersons.

It has non of their charm that made the supersons.
    It has original characters not found in the main comics.
    It just baffles me why attache the Supersons name to this when it's not true to the core concept. It's not even the Supersons in name.

I get that the name Damian has pejorative meaning but it has symbolic meaning in the story which was why he's named as such. It has a meaning that's pretty significant and central to who the character is and his story.

The folly of having a writer who isn't familiar with the comics and content is that they are not familiar with the characters and content. So you end with characters who are not like themselves. You end with something alien and unrecognisable defeating the purpose you set out to achieve in the first place.

How is this supposed to help new readers into comics when it doesn't feature Characters from the comics?

It makes me really sad that this will be someone first introduction to the SuperSons. It is nothing like the real deal and the characters are painfully generic and unimaginative.

John is moody and Ian is a broody generic pampered bat looking for a fight.

I know I'm not the target audience for this book and target audience will likely find Ian Kewl in that Spy kids Nick junior way but it made me sad.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    According to a poster on the Superman thread who saw Tomasi at con. He had to fight DC tooth and nail to explore parental angle in the Super title. TPTB weren't too fond of Issues like the family at the fair. They felt that readers vewed superhero family/domestic lives as boring and didn't want to read about it.

Which would explain why the Batdad is something that's not focused on in the batbook since Tomasi [then there were other titles that offered non batdad] and why the batfamily isn't really a thing DC is keen on pushing.

If that's the case then it's unlikely Bruce is going to become a hands on parent anytime soon.

Not to mention that if Bruce makes the decision that the vigilante game is too dangerous and feels the need to distance his kid to ensure his safety, he can't very well keep endangering teens not related to him.

That would mean retiring all his young side kicks.
    https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/...36337915187200

It's so sad. Almost as if they don't give a shit what readers want. No emotional beats for Supes but what do they call what King is doing? Sounds like double standards.

Comicstorian thoughts on Ian Wayne, Shazam as Robin and what would happen if Damian Wayne got the powers of Shazam

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So SuperSons The PolarShield Project was a thing..... that I read. Aah. Okay this title shouldn't have been called Supersons.

It has non of their charm that made the supersons.
    It has original characters not found in the main comics.
    It just baffles me why attache the Supersons name to this when it's not true to the core concept. It's not even the Supersons in name.

I get that the name Damian has pejorative meaning but it has symbolic meaning in the story which was why he's named as such. It has a meaning that's pretty significant and central to who the character is and his story.

The folly of having a writer who isn't familiar with the comics and content is that they are not familiar with the characters and content. So you end with characters who are not like themselves. You end with something alien and unrecognisable defeating the purpose you set out to achieve in the first place.

How is this supposed to help new readers into comics when it doesn't feature Characters from the comics?

It makes me really sad that this will be someone first introduction to the SuperSons. It is nothing like the real deal and the characters are painfully generic and unimaginative.

John is moody and Ian is a broody generic pampered bat looking for a fight.

I know I'm not the target audience for this book and target audience will likely find Ian Kewl in that Spy kids Nick junior way but it made me sad.
    Yeah, I didn't even bother with this thing they're trying to pass off as Super Sons. Partly when I found out they were calling Damian "Ian" and Jon was more like actual Damian. And especially when I found out the writer hadn't even read the original series.

I understand its supposed to be Elseworlds. But Elseworlds are supposed to take the established characters from one point in time, and have an even in their lives go drastically different. Like when Bruce became a Green Lantern over Batman. Instead, we get characters named for the Super Sons, mostly, but none of the personality or charm. And where the original series feels more fun then this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even bother with this thing they're trying to pass off as Super Sons. Partly when I found out they were calling Damian "Ian" and Jon was more like actual Damian. And especially when I found out the writer hadn't even read the original series.

I understand its supposed to be Elseworlds. But Elseworlds are supposed to take the established characters from one point in time, and have an even in their lives go drastically different. Like when Bruce became a Green Lantern over Batman. Instead, we get characters named for the Super Sons, mostly, but none of the personality or charm. And where the original series feels more fun then this.
    That isn't the only type of Elseworlds. There are many Elseworlds where all the story is a new version or personality of the characters changes a lot from the original.

I guess SuperSons The PolarShield Project is similar to many adaptations for TV of superheroes. The characters are pretty different from the original version many times.

For example: Characters in Teen Titans animation (2003) have pretty different personalities from the originals.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-09-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That isn't the only type of Elseworlds. There are many Elseworlds where all the story is a new version or personality of the characters changes a lot from the original.

I guess this is similar to many adaptations for TV in superheroes. The characters are pretty different from the original version many times.

For example: Characters in Teen Titans animation (2003) have pretty different personalities from the originals.
    Definitely! Elseworlds can be pretty much anything the writer wants it to be. It's not merely a "what if Bruce became a GL". I think the sky's the limit when it comes to Elseworld titles.

Fine, I want 3 different Elseworld series.

The first would be Justice League: The Rise of the Titans where Dick, Donna, Karen Starr, and the rest of that generation of heroes becomes the Justice League. Why? I don't know, I just want to see it.

The next; The League of Black Sheep. Where the members like Jason Todd, Bizarro, Artemis Grace, etc become the League.

Finally, Justice League: The Next Generation. Where Damian, Jon, Lyta Trevor, Djinn, Wallace West/or Tornado Twins, etc become the League of the Future.

Why? Because while these characters would come from the Bat, Super, Wonder, etc families, they also bring their own dynamics too. Like Dick when he's Batman is far more open, nicer, and emotionally supportive than Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Fine, I want 3 different Elseworld series.

The first would be Justice League: The Rise of the Titans where Dick, Donna, Karen Starr, and the rest of that generation of heroes becomes the Justice League. Why? I don't know, I just want to see it.

The next; The League of Black Sheep. Where the members like Jason Todd, Bizarro, Artemis Grace, etc become the League.

Finally, Justice League: The Next Generation. Where Damian, Jon, Lyta Trevor, Djinn, Wallace West/or Tornado Twins, etc become the League of the Future.

Why? Because while these characters would come from the Bat, Super, Wonder, etc families, they also bring their own dynamics too. Like Dick when he's Batman is far more open, nicer, and emotionally supportive than Bruce.
    I like those ideas . You know if DC expanded their Elseword or future lines they could do more with their generations.

I want a World's Finest book that rotates adult/young batman/Superman family pairings.
    Dick and Uncle Clark
    Babs and Kara
    kate and Superwoman [lana]or Steel
    Jason and Biz
    Tim and Conner
    Damian and Jon
    Duke and Jimmy

Heck do a Robins with the same premise where we get alternating stories with different batman and Robin duo's. This has the added bonus of giving new readers updated Robin stories with Dick and Jason.

The thing is elsewords aren't targeted at people who don't know about these characters. They are not designed as a gateway in to comics. Elseworlds are targeted at people who already are familiar with the characters and concept.

The polarshield Project is targeted at young readers in a hope to get them into comics. If someone who read the title and really liked Ian wanted to read more about the character, they have no way of following up because Ian and Damian are two very different people.

Elsewords retain the core of their characters. Injustice Superman killed and became a dictator but he was still recognisable. Nightmare Damian from the Vampire world was a vampire but still recognisable. Batman from a number of elsewords is still recognisable in his personality.

Damian and Jon are not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That would be pretty idiotic imo. It would be imo far better to age Jon down again.

Both the Super Sons and the YJ4 have their fans and can sell comics, creating with out any good reason where they have to retire one is just dumb.

I think in general that with the ages the charcter reached arround flashpoint, they kind of reached the maximum of how much they could age these characters in the main continuity.

And I don't really see a need to age up Damian and Jon allready, they have not been arround that long, and there is not really a need to change up the status quo at the moment.
    Whats worse is that in the era chracter get aged up they dont grow up. We got to see Dick and his learn and change from 8-25. It was an incredible ride. Tim been frozen at 17 for over a decade, even worse for beast bot and raven who hold seniority of tim but must always be his junior. Now Jon and Damian barely get to make their mark on this world before they get forced into growing up

Ian, Jon and Candice