Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Teen Titans Appreciation 2019

I decided to make an appreciation thread for the Teen Titans, since they are often overlooked by their big brother "Titans", I thought we could finally take the opportunity to separate the two teams/comics to their own threads. With that said, let this be a place to enjoy past versions of the team and most importantly discuss the current variation of the team and their members.

Previous thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ht=teen+titans

Just a few ground rules to follow, since I notice that without them these threads can turn negative quick.

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The New Teen Titans (1980–1996)

Teen Titans (2003–2011)

Teen Titans (2016-)
    Last edited by Flashback; 01-01-2019 at 11:02 PM.

I've always wanted this. One topic for the current TT.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I've always wanted this. One topic for the current TT.
    Yeah, I took a gamble to see if the moderators would allow this, just tired of the current Teen titans comics getting little to no love discussion wise on these forums.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Yeah, I took a gamble to see if the moderators would allow this, just tired of the current Teen titans comics getting little to no love discussion wise on these forums.

Well the Titans are mostly all former TEEN titans,so the overlap is huge.

Now if u made this just for this new team,no overlap at all imo

Im super excited for the new teen titans team this year!

The mystery around Djinn is interesting and learning about all the new members has been alot of fun so far

I only read the Titans/TT together topic when the issue is out and 1 week before and later to read comments about that... On the contrary, I will read only Titans comments and I am not reading this comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-02-2019 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

Is it okay to talk about Dick Grayson in this thread?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is it okay to talk about Dick Grayson in this thread?

Only in the past tense,as in when he was in the TEEN Titans team lol.serioulsy I get that some might want a seperation between the 2 teams,but it causes more trouble than its worth.

If you named this thread something like teen Titans(only the team with crush,roundhouse,etc)then it would make more sense,and wouldn't confuse ppl

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I decided to make an appreciation thread for the Teen Titans, since they are often overlooked by their big brother "Titans", I thought we could finally take the opportunity to separate the two teams/comics to their own threads. With that said, let this be a place to enjoy past versions of the team and most importantly discuss the current variation of the team and their members.
    Thanks for finally separating Teen Titans and Titans. The old thread was really unorganized sometimes because two separate discussions were going on.
    To avoid double discussions with the Titans or Young Justice thread I'd even suggest to limit this thread to Damian's TT team.

Three discussions. There was the TV show too, not just the two comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, so we're separating the two. Okay, then I'll continue my post about the Teens here.
    So before New 52 exist, I actually already eyeing this title. It's a remake of a classic with modern art which is what I was looking for, but then New 52 came out with new continuity, so I just jumped in the new one.

NOV070169_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I still haven't picked this up. Throughout the years I saw people posting pictures from this book, and it has the jerk, emotionally constipated Batman I hate, so I held off, but I came to know Karl Kerschl's name from this book, which made me hyped for Gotham Academy.

I think that Teen Titans generally have a easier time than their grown up predecessors, because they aren't expected to tackle the same level of threats as adult and very-well trained heroes. And they have a clear dedication : to become their own heroes.

Having said that, Damian's current team is almost perfect (almost because I wanted Aqualad/Jackson/Kaldur to stay a part of it). It has strong personalities which aren't purely cliché, secrets and tensions, but it's also building chemistry among all the team members. Whatever happens to the book, I want to lose none of the new characters, and that's a great thing to fell.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that Teen Titans generally have a easier time than their grown up predecessors, because they aren't expected to tackle the same level of threats as adult and very-well trained heroes. And they have a clear dedication : to become their own heroes.

Having said that, Damian's current team is almost perfect (almost because I wanted Aqualad/Jackson/Kaldur to stay a part of it). It has strong personalities which aren't purely cliché, secrets and tensions, but it's also building chemistry among all the team members. Whatever happens to the book, I want to lose none of the new characters, and that's a great thing to fell.
    I really want Jackson on this team that would have made it prefect. I can't help but wonder at what his interactions with Crush, Emi, Round House might have been like.

and with the lesbian relationship being teased would have liked to ave a gay guy as well.

This current team is a lot of fun and very likeable.

Incredible Member

I was a little skeptical at first but this New Teen Titans
    Book is pretty good.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Jackson will probably pop up in the Young Justice comic at some point because of the popularity of the TV series. But there is no way that DC won't make a Young Justice and Teen Titans crossover at some time in the future. So I'm pretty hopeful that there will be some interaction between Jackson and the current Teen Titans later on. Let's just hope that the crossover won't be some civil war-like "Teen Titans vs. Young Justice".