Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering that Glass and Priest are on it together I have a good feeling for this event. I think both book will be better because of it, even if I hope the Teen Titans teams doesn't change too much.

In fact, the only changes I would want for it is the inclusion of Jackson "Aqualad" Hyde, Maya "NoBody" Ducard and Suren Darga, from Robin : Son of Batman.
    Since I know people at DC check these threads:

An Enthusiastic yes to all of this! Even if we take a little more time to solidify this already pretty awesome and entertaining team. And can we stop regressing all of Damian's character development and inherent nobility that's been done? Or at least address that he's stopped using all of the highly effective Cognitive Behavioral Therapy methods that he was trained in back in Batman and Robin/Robin: Son of Batman and therefore his paranoia, poor decision making, and unethical behavior is due to untreated C-PTSD heightened by the severe emotional abuse and neglect that he's been receiving from Batman over in that title?

I'm all for Deathstroke causally adopting Damian away from Batman and pointing out that he's a crap parent and husband, but at least he's not as bad as Batman. Only one of his kids died, the other two and his ex are all still on speaking terms with him. Unlike Bruce, who has a demonstrated ability to destroy relationships and expect people to forgive him because his mother's pearls fell and that's his most important memory, and the only relationship that can ever make him feel fulfilled and happy is with Catwoman. That would be great. Especially Jackson coming back, he was a great character who got shafted.

If DC reads these boards, that’s news to me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see the Burton and Nolan Batmobile's, but which one is that on the far right ?
    Isn't it the White Knight batmobile ? I get a Murphy vibe out of it.

Fantastic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    If DC reads these boards, thatÂ’s news to me.
    Really? You haven't caught the occasional posts and responses from some of the creators? Oh.

Well, they do, but they tend to be lurkers. It's something I learned as a Damian fan back when he died and the fan base rallied to bring him back: a character's popularity is measured by more than just sales. The activity of appreciation threads and discussions, emails and messaging, conversations at conventions and in random places with writers and artists, fan art, fan fiction, and sharing of panels on social media, and cosplay are all used to measure the popularity of a series. I know personally from my rare ventures onto tumblr that Patrick Gleason keeps a close eye on the Maya Ducard, NoBody, Damian Wayne (all variations), Robin: Son of Batman (all variations), Jon Kent, Super Sons, and Kathy Beason tags. Other creators do as well, and editors. The more fandom created content is generated, the more popular a character is, especially if there's an abundance of independent fan creators not linked to each other doing the creation. Even the numbers on the pirating websites are kept track of to determine how popular a series really is, as do, and this will blow your mind, library circulation numbers.

So if we want to protect this team and its characters, as well as bring in other ones, we remain utterly positive and happy, we keep the thread on the first two pages, first if possible, share fan art, favorite panels, thoughts, speculation, theories, what we liked and disliked, and create our own content. The end result is that sales will still matter, but we also grow a fan base organically, and we show DC that this is something we want beyond speaking with our dollars.

Or to put it another way: why do you think Jason, Damian, and Jon are all in Young Justice? Want the answer? Go to AO3 and look at how often they appear in the Young Justice tag.

It's a bit like being part of an alumni association or fraternity|soriety. Paying your dues and tuition isn't enough, you have to do some volunteer work to ensure your chosen organization is strong and healthy.

Well. I'm sure a handful creators look at forums or lurk because they're fans, too, and it's kind of like googling yourself to see what people are saying about you. And artists like Gleason are active on Tumblr (or deviantart or instagram or twitter) because they have accounts there and it's how they interact with fans/share their work. But I seriously doubt most writers or editorial staff are using what they see on social media (certainly not on ao3...because tumblr is one thing, but ao3 is another) to determine the course of their comics.

But anyway, yeah, would love to see more of Maya, Suren, and Jackson. And I want to see more of our current team, especially the new kids. I'd hate to see TT get cancelled just to give orphaned Titans characters a home.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

How did you all like Teen Titans #26?
    Personally, I'm curious about what will happen in the Annual. And I really love Roundhouse' commentary. (I just hope he won't be solely the "funny guy", but with regards to TT #25 I think he'll have his serious moments in the future too.)

Emiko's character feels a little "flat" and disconnected from the rest of the group (except Robin) to me so far. She had one interesting dialog with Crush in #22 - but that's it. I hope Emiko gets her time to shine too in the future.

And the most important thing:

spoilers:
    What's in this f*cking box? It belongs to Alfred and whatever is in it will somehow get rid of the Red Hood? Jason is a normal mortal. Okay, not completely normal, but he has normal physical weaknesses. Why does a box like this even exist?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Personally, I'm curious about what will happen in the Annual. And I really love Roundhouse' commentary. (I just hope he won't be solely the "funny guy", but with regards to TT #25 I think he'll have his serious moments in the future too.)

Emiko's character feels a little "flat" and disconnected from the rest of the group (except Robin) to me so far. She had one interesting dialog with Crush in #22 - but that's it. I hope Emiko gets her time to shine too in the future.

spoilers:
    What's in this f*cking box? It belongs to Alfred and whatever is in it will somehow get rid of the Red Hood? Jason is a normal mortal. Okay, not completely normal, but he has normal physical weaknesses. Why does a box like this even exist?
    end of spoilers
    Honestly I'm confused. Loved the issue and the Damian Alfred conversation was interesting. it was so tense and heavy. Saying a lot without revealing anything. It's got me excited and confused. Not sure what the *spoiler* is but can't wait till we see inside.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm almost 100% sure next issue that it will be revealed Jason isn't the traitor. I think its fairly likely to be Djinn - Where did she teleport off to? was she spying on Damian? Im certainly excited
    end of spoilers

"You do realize I was out of town during our supposed meetings?"

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Its a miniature magical crowbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm almost 100% sure next issue that it will be revealed Jason isn't the traitor. I think its fairly likely to be Djinn - Where did she teleport off to? was she spying on Damian? Im certainly excited
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Djinn is the obvious guess. And it would even make sense to get rid of Jason since he has two swords stored in his body that can hurt magical creatures. On the other hand, Djinn feels too obvious. And after Teen Titans #25 and her bonding with Crush it feels more unlikely that she's a traitor.

Emiko actually seems more fishy to me. She's so concentrated on Robin. And suggesting that Jason could BE The Other is strange.

After Damian's comment about his grandparents only being faces on the wall to him I wonder if we'll see Flashpoint Batman in TT.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-24-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    So much bat mythos. I just bet in the end Djinn is going to betray them. Every issue she seems to do some suspect stuff.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What do even know about “The Other” so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What do even know about “The Other” so far?
    Hard to say where one criminal organization begins and the other ends. There seems to be at least 3 different ones with Leviathan, The Other, and Sanctuary. Leviathan is run by Talia, Sanctuary is run by Solitary (Willis Todd, Jason's father), and The Other is still a mystery.

That's what we know about The Other (from TT #22).