Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I have nothing to add, other than I love the Invaders, particularly the big three: Namor, the Human Torch and Cap.
    Me too. The Invaders' big three are still the best. For most of its run, the first Invaders series from 1975 is still an enjoyable reading experience and has yet to be surpassed.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-31-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added a few more words.

Anyone were know if there was a version of this poster that was released NOT folded and without the Invaders logo?
    Previewsworld listed this, but I don't know the specifics as to having a logo or not or if it was folded: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV181057

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did everybody make sure to get a copy of the Captain America and The Invaders: Bahamas Triangle one-shot by Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway that came oiut towards the beginning of July?

The story was written as a prequel to the first team-up of all the Invaders, so while the story featured Captain America, the Human Torch, and Sub-Mariner, they weren't all working together as a team.
    I certainly did! Though I didn't manage to grab the above cover, which was my favorite.

It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it was a great read. Thomas and Ordway still have it and did an excellent job. As I said elsewhere, I believe, I loved the cameo of Bill Everett and Carl Burgos, as well as Kirby in one of the scenes. A wonderful little nod to the creators.

Anyone were know if there was a version of this poster that was released NOT folded and without the Invaders logo?
    I'll have to check at home, but I'm pretty sure I bought this rolled. Not sure if it had a logo or not, though.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

IDW solicit:

Marvel Solid Gold Super Heroes
    TBD (w)• Various (a & c)
    Marvel’s amazing and fantastic heroes from the Golden Age of Comics punch Nazis and vanquish Fifth Columnists as we joyfully celebrate Marvel Comics’ 80th Anniversary!
    Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner! PLUS a bountiful bevy of obscure heroes like Blazing Skull, Blonde Phantom, Terror, Sun Girl, Marvel Boy and… the yellow-costumed Whizzer! This stunning, ginormous-format coffee-table book is brought to you by the Yoe Books/IDW titanic team who gave you the rousingly acclaimed Super Weird Heroes books! True Believers, face front as we look back at the pulse-pounding super heroes who are the bodacious bedrock of the Mighty Marvel Universe!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 224 pages • 9.5” x 12.5” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-541-8
    Bullet points:
    Available in January 2020.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Previewsworld listed this, but I don't know the specifics as to having a logo or not or if it was folded: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV181057
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'll have to check at home, but I'm pretty sure I bought this rolled. Not sure if it had a logo or not, though.
    Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

All-Select Comics #1 (1943):

Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

Doombot, I found my poster. It is rolled, and it does have the Invaders logo. IIRC, I ordered it from my LCBS. I'd check with them and see if they can still order it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    IDW solicit:

Marvel Solid Gold Super Heroes
    TBD (w)• Various (a & c)
    Marvel’s amazing and fantastic heroes from the Golden Age of Comics punch Nazis and vanquish Fifth Columnists as we joyfully celebrate Marvel Comics’ 80th Anniversary!
    Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner! PLUS a bountiful bevy of obscure heroes like Blazing Skull, Blonde Phantom, Terror, Sun Girl, Marvel Boy and… the yellow-costumed Whizzer! This stunning, ginormous-format coffee-table book is brought to you by the Yoe Books/IDW titanic team who gave you the rousingly acclaimed Super Weird Heroes books! True Believers, face front as we look back at the pulse-pounding super heroes who are the bodacious bedrock of the Mighty Marvel Universe!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 224 pages • 9.5” x 12.5” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-541-8
    Bullet points:
    Available in January 2020.
    Hmmmm. This is a welcome suprise. The book doesn't sound like it is that book is ginormous physically, but a coffee table book does sound cool. I think I'd like to see it before buying.

OMG. I was thrilled to learn we were finally getting a Namor and OH Torch Funko ... but I didn't know there was a Golden Age Cap! Now I have to go hunting for him!

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but the All-Winners Squad made an appearance in Marvel Comics #1000 with artwork from Ron Garney (one of my all-time favorites).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but the All-Winners Squad made an appearance in Marvel Comics #1000 with artwork from Ron Garney (one of my all-time favorites).
    It was a very nice page. Especially since I don't think the Invaders got mentioned at all, did they?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

When is the next issue?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    When is the next issue?
    This Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It was a very nice page. Especially since I don't think the Invaders got mentioned at all, did they?
    I don't think so, but I'll re-read the issue again just to make sure.

Hopefully, there'll be something a bit more substantial for them in Marvel Comics #1001 coming in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I don't think so, but I'll re-read the issue again just to make sure.

Hopefully, there'll be something a bit more substantial for them in Marvel Comics #1001 coming in a few weeks.
    I'm not holding my breath ... or forking out anymore money on that folly. Ewing wants to write about the Masked Raider (???), and it seems clear the only 'old team' that will be involved will be Agents of Atlas --- except they've tossed the original roster entirely.