Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I saw the character posters for Midway today. There's definitely something old school / Golden Age of Hollywood about them. Has anyone ever done something similar with the Invaders members?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not holding my breath ... or forking out anymore money on that folly. Ewing wants to write about the Masked Raider (???), and it seems clear the only 'old team' that will be involved will be Agents of Atlas --- except they've tossed the original roster entirely.
    Thanks. I greatly appreciate your advice.

I'll just wait & see what the variant covers look like, before I decide whether or not to purchase it.

OMG. I was thrilled to learn we were finally getting a Namor and OH Torch Funko ... but I didn't know there was a Golden Age Cap! Now I have to go hunting for him!

Between the Jim Hammond/Namor funkos and the Marvel Legends Union Jack figure, it's been a surprisingly good summer for Invaders collectibles. I think that GA Captain America funko is older/movie-related, it's pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks. I greatly appreciate your advice.

I'll just wait & see what the variant covers look like, before I decide whether or not to purchase it.
    Well, more like my extremely biased opinion. But pay no mind to me. Sometimes I get a bit bitter about Namor. I'll probably read it when it comes to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Between the Jim Hammond/Namor funkos and the Marvel Legends Union Jack figure, it's been a surprisingly good summer for Invaders collectibles. I think that GA Captain America funko is older/movie-related, it's pretty expensive.
    Yes, I did go looking. The Cap has sold for good amount, but I might be able to find him for double the regular Funko Pop price. I've got him on watch.

Have we ever gotten a Spitfire Marvel Legends?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Nope, and it pains me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Nope, and it pains me.
    That stinks. We should have gotten her with the Captain America set. I'm not sure who we would get her with now ... unless someone remembers and adds her to the Blade set I assume is coming out with the movie.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Interesting response in regards to how The Invaders is treated in relation to Marvel's Golden Age stories and how they may affect current Marvel continuity (The Invaders #36, January 1979).

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Seems like Fantastic Four Annual #22 (November, 1989) was the first time Cap, Namor, and Jim all reunited in the modern Marvel Universe.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Carlos Magno posted this splash page for the last Invaders comic on his twitter.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I am stunned by the magnificence.

And Spitfire!!!

The only thing wrong with this page is Iron Man Torch. Ugh.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Here is a link to the full preview of the last comic LINK

Agreed, the Iron Torch look is so bad, and honestly I dislike how the torches were written in this series.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Merry Christmas, fellow Invaders fans!

Here's one of my favorite Marvel Christmas comics / scenes from Winter Soldier Winter Kills.

Posted elsewhere, but appropriate here, also, since it starts out with the Invaders in WWII. Looks like all the preview pages, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Tarot (2020) #1 preview is here! link
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes the Avengers vs. Marvel's 'non-team' the Defenders have had some classic battles in the past. The publisher will try to renew their decades-old rivalry in Tarot, which debuts next week.

Check out this preview of the first issue.

TAROT #1 (of 4)
    ALAN DAVIS (W) • PAUL RENAUD (A/C) AUG199011
    Variant Cover by ALAN DAVIS AUG199039
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA AUG199040
    An all-new epic adventure teaming the classic Earth’s Mightiest Heroes with Marvel’s premiere Non-Team by Alan Davis and Paul Renaud!
    A strange and impossible lost memory from his days in World War II draws Namor the Sub-Mariner to his one-time compatriot Captain America—but the two heroes and their respective allies find themselves pulled into a labyrinth of pain, destruction and madness courtesy of the Infernal Ichor of Ish’lzog!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Merry Christmas, fellow Invaders fans!

Here's one of my favorite Marvel Christmas comics / scenes from Winter Soldier Winter Kills.

I definitely remember this one-shot. Certainly an artistic showcase for Lee Weeks, with a great cover from Epting.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I definitely remember this one-shot. Certainly an artistic showcase for Lee Weeks, with a great cover from Epting.
    It's one of the best one-shots I've read. Lee Weeks is AWESOME. I wonder what he's doing now? And I do miss Brubaker.