Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Here are the final 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Here are the final 2.
    The side panels are really obviously stolen from Steph's costume.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I know she is another universe Stephanie, but I still like her as Batwoman in Young Justice #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I know she is another universe Stephanie, but I still like her as Batwoman in Young Justice #8.
    She was so good! I'm so, SO glad that Bendis finally puts Steph as a major AU character, and doesn't just leave her out like so many writers do. And doesn't just make her an AU version, but one that has held on, remained heroic! Never giving up, that's our girl!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by millernumber1; 09-11-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Oh boy, the spoiler tag around the artwork didn't work. And the first mention of

spoilers:

Steph as Batwoman - I'm avoiding adding to spoilage today
    end of spoilers

wasn't tagged as a spoiler.

How did you folks read this already? It's barely Wednesday morning here! Comic shops won't even be open for a couple of hours.

I guess it must be on Comixology already.

Well, this is an appreciation thread, so... I appreciate your enthusiasm . And I appreciate that Bendis has apparently done something cool here. Sounds like it was worth the delay waiting for #8.

(I just edited this twice because I made some dumb typos.)

Incredible Member

Look at that - my smiley also bursts through the spoil tag. Seems it only changes the text and background colors and doesn't work on graphics and smileys.

Oh boy, the spoiler tag around the artwork didn't work. And the first mention of

spoilers:

Steph as Batwoman - I'm avoiding adding to spoilage today
    end of spoilers

wasn't tagged as a spoiler.

How did you folks read this already? It's barely Wednesday morning here! Comic shops won't even be open for a couple of hours.

I guess it must be on Comixology already.

Well, this is an appreciation thread, so... I appreciate your enthusiasm . And I appreciate that Bendis has apparently done something cool here. Sounds like it was worth the delay waiting for #8.

(I just edited this twice because I made some dumb typos.)
    Look at that - my smiley also bursts through the spoil tag. Seems it only changes the text and background colors and doesn't work on graphics and smileys.
    Digital comics are the spoilers of us all. Sorry that the image didn't get hidden.

But it's a pretty exciting story this time! Hope that we're back on a regular release track.

Incredible Member

And if anyone is monitoring the thread, they got an email that revealed my spoiler too. Obviously the spoiler tags only go so far.

And if anyone is monitoring the thread, they got an email that revealed my spoiler too. Obviously the spoiler tags only go so far.
    Anyhoo! What did everyone else think of one of our first AU Steph's?

I like her costume, if her hair wasn't so sticky uppy. Id be up for her spoiler costume being more like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I like her costume, if her hair wasn't so sticky uppy. Id be up for her spoiler costume being more like that!
    I wouldn't want normal Steph to be quite so punk, but it fit in Earth-3.

I wonder if Tim is making a big mistake trusting Earth 3 Steph.

I'm not sure why Bendis would introduce her if she didnt have some sort of role to play. But im not sure what it will be!

I wonder if Tim is making a big mistake trusting Earth 3 Steph.

I'm not sure why Bendis would introduce her if she didnt have some sort of role to play. But im not sure what it will be!
    I saw some Tumblr peeps saying Earth-3 Steph must be evil too, but I hope not. Her narration seemed pretty heroic. Guess we'll,see!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I saw some Tumblr peeps saying Earth-3 Steph must be evil too, but I hope not. Her narration seemed pretty heroic. Guess we'll,see!
    yeah I mean it would be slightly odd if every other good character was turned bad apart from Steph.

I have a bit of a hunch, I feel like Bendis is deliberately making a point of Tim and Steph's relationship and how important Tim finds it. I think in the future once they are back in the real universe something will happen to either interfere with his feelings (ie. love triangle) or they will break up for some reason.

yeah I mean it would be slightly odd if every other good character was turned bad apart from Steph.

I have a bit of a hunch, I feel like Bendis is deliberately making a point of Tim and Steph's relationship and how important Tim finds it. I think in the future once they are back in the real universe something will happen to either interfere with his feelings (ie. love triangle) or they will break up for some reason.
    I mean, clearly if Bendis has plans to continue including Steph, there's going to be drama, but I hope that it's not stupid.