Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 568
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,680

    Default Stephanie Brown: Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl Appreciation 2019

    Finally. I had my chance to start one Steph appreciation topic.

    Previous Topic: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018

    Pre-2018 Topic: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...again)/page246

    YJ_Spoiler_profile.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-01-2019 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    This Artgerm cover was the first time I saw Stephanie Brown

    d2nx81m-28eacbaa-10a6-47ac-bbfd-2c1f84ec3c98.jpg

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    The first time that I saw her was in YJ...

    After forgot her(I didnīt know her name) years later I started with the comics and few days laters I heard in newsarama that the fans wanted Steph and Cass return. After learn their past I thought that they will be interesting and I like them since the first time that I see both in the comics..

    YJ will be out soon with both in the same serie.. This will be a great year for Cass.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-02-2019 at 06:02 AM.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    One amazing cosplay that I found today:

    Stephanie Brown Batgirl Cosplay.jpg

  5. #5
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Finally. I had my chance to start one Steph appreciation topic.

    Previous Topic: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018

    Pre-2018 Topic: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...again)/page246

    YJ_Spoiler_profile.jpg
    Hooray! Well done!

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This Artgerm cover was the first time I saw Stephanie Brown

    d2nx81m-28eacbaa-10a6-47ac-bbfd-2c1f84ec3c98.jpg
    I miss Artgerm drawing Steph!

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    One amazing cosplay that I found today:

    Stephanie Brown Batgirl Cosplay.jpg
    Oooh, nice!

    Here's to hoping that 2019 will have more months of Steph than 2018 (we had pretty much 7 months of silence).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,520

    Default

    Happy New Year to Steph! May she spoil us even more this year .

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    254

    Default

    I think my first time seeing Steph was also Artgerm, haha. Either him or Dustin Nguyen, because I was following both on deviantart at the time. I miss that eggplant girl, here's to seeing more of her in 2019!

    Also here's some doodles I did of her and Cass. I wanted to try doing character designs in the style of an animated series.


  8. #8
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I think my first time seeing Steph was also Artgerm, haha. Either him or Dustin Nguyen, because I was following both on deviantart at the time. I miss that eggplant girl, here's to seeing more of her in 2019!

    Also here's some doodles I did of her and Cass. I wanted to try doing character designs in the style of an animated series.

    Those are amazing! Do you have a tumblr where you post them?

    I first saw Steph in the horrible issue of Cass's series where Cass breaks her jaw at least twice, and didn't like her because she was whiny and Cass and Babs treated her like a joke. Then I read a little bit about her pregnancy storyline in an encyclopedia, and thought it was okay, but sounded like not much future for her character.

    THEN I fell in love with her character...during War Games (which I read in trade at the bookstore). I kept hoping they were going to have this be a really good moment for her - she screws up, but redeems herself - but NOPE. DED.

    For the next four years, I read stuff like Birds of Prey, and really loved that (with some nice nods to Steph's heroism post mortem, too). Then Steph came back, and I thought it was cool, but other than liking the Robin/Spoiler Special, didn't really have much excitement - I was more in Marvel at the time, I think. But then she became Batgirl, and I felt a great sense of justice. And I fell harder and harder for her character and BQM's writing, and it was over for me.

    Then it really was over for me when 2011 wiped her from existence again. 2014 brought me back with Batman Eternal, and I've been here ever since.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Those are amazing! Do you have a tumblr where you post them?
    Aw, thanks! I technically do, but I really just posted a few things the day I started it and never looked at it again lol https://labonart.tumblr.com/

    If anyone's interested, in my imaginary animated series, Steph and Cass would both become Batgirl at the same time (Steph under Babs, Cass under Bruce), Steph being the fun one, Cass being the scary one, and while Oracle and Batman are arguing over who the real Batgirl is, Cass and Steph become bffs and split up Gotham between them. There's a point where the main Batfam goes missing and Steph is the only one left on the ground, so she ends up having to deal with the We Are Robin movement. Her Robin costume is from where she goes undercover as one of the teens and is my homage to Babs' hipster redesign. I have too much time on my hands lol

  10. #10
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Aw, thanks! I technically do, but I really just posted a few things the day I started it and never looked at it again lol https://labonart.tumblr.com/

    If anyone's interested, in my imaginary animated series, Steph and Cass would both become Batgirl at the same time (Steph under Babs, Cass under Bruce), Steph being the fun one, Cass being the scary one, and while Oracle and Batman are arguing over who the real Batgirl is, Cass and Steph become bffs and split up Gotham between them. There's a point where the main Batfam goes missing and Steph is the only one left on the ground, so she ends up having to deal with the We Are Robin movement. Her Robin costume is from where she goes undercover as one of the teens and is my homage to Babs' hipster redesign. I have too much time on my hands lol
    Oooh, I like it. Similar, but creatively different, than my League of Batgirls idea!

    You should totally write that as a fic, and share it here.

    Also, if you post those on your tumblr, I'll definitely reblog them!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I think my first time seeing Steph was also Artgerm, haha. Either him or Dustin Nguyen, because I was following both on deviantart at the time. I miss that eggplant girl, here's to seeing more of her in 2019!

    Also here's some doodles I did of her and Cass. I wanted to try doing character designs in the style of an animated series.

    Remembering old times... Excellent work.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    My first read of Steph was her interaction with Damian. That was the funniest thing and the end was adorable.

    NOV090130_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

    Even though their personalities are way different, I got a huge wave of nostalgia seeing the older Batgirl and younger Robin dynamic again.

  13. #13
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first read of Steph was her interaction with Damian. That was the funniest thing and the end was adorable.

    NOV090130_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

    Even though their personalities are way different, I got a huge wave of nostalgia seeing the older Batgirl and younger Robin dynamic again.
    That whole dynamic was gold. I miss it so much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That whole dynamic was gold. I miss it so much.
    "I'm a hit first, ask later kind of gal. Him? He's a stabber."

    "God help Dick when Damian hits puberty"

    "Omigosh. He doesn't know how to be a child."

    "Now stop staring at my chest!"
    "What chest?"
    "Hate"

    So many great moments.

  15. #15
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "I'm a hit first, ask later kind of gal. Him? He's a stabber."

    "God help Dick when Damian hits puberty"

    "Omigosh. He doesn't know how to be a child."

    "Now stop staring at my chest!"
    "What chest?"
    "Hate"

    So many great moments.
    And the little salute in #24. Ugh. So perfect.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •