Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    We have to wait till episode 10, and I think, not even then. It's a team episode after all. But, Stephanie is never early, nor is she late, she arrives, precisely when she means to.
    I mean, every episode has been a team episode, and I still love many characters, so I think it is quite possible.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Maybe it's to ask too much but a guy can still dream: we got Stephanie,we got Oracle,now please DC take the next step...

Quote Originally Posted by mib86 View Post
    Maybe it's to ask too much but a guy can still dream: we got Stephanie,we got Oracle,now please DC take the next step...
    100% with you!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, every episode has been a team episode, and I still love many characters, so I think it is quite possible.
    I want a subplot or main story focus on Stephanie(with someone else) like how Artemis and Zatanna got Secret. And based on the fact that this season is suppose to focus more on Tim, I think that's the direction where we are headed. Tim and Steph, like the gold 'ol days. Tim saying he has a GF and Steph laying down that solid girl game.
    I must admit we can never lose hope, but I'm more of a realist. We will see what happens when we see what happens.

I want a subplot or main story focus on Stephanie(with someone else) like how Artemis and Zatanna got Secret. And based on the fact that this season is suppose to focus more on Tim, I think that's the direction where we are headed. Tim and Steph, like the gold 'ol days. Tim saying he has a GF and Steph laying down that solid girl game.

I must admit we can never lose hope, but I'm more of a realist. We will see what happens when we see what happens.
    I think that's absolutely right. A nice focus on a small set of Batfamily characters is my hope, with a solid characterization for Steph that makes people love her.

I, too, would love to see either Stephgirl or League of Batgirls, but if all we get is awesome Spoiler with lots more fans, I'm for it!

Amazing Member

I, too, would love to see either Stephgirl or League of Batgirls, but if all we get is awesome Spoiler with lots more fans, I'm for it!
    Neither i don't think we will see those things anytime soon either,but let's begin with a good old solid Oracle-Spoiler team-up and if it works....

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that's absolutely right. A nice focus on a small set of Batfamily characters is my hope, with a solid characterization for Steph that makes people love her.

Yeah, Batman Incorporated. I want to see their spin on Steph, I know the writers are stay true to the comic books. But can they give us Dixon Steph? If they manage that, Dixon will shed a tear.

Let's take it one step at a time, YJ just came back. Let's hope they don't fall into the darkness again.

Yeah, Batman Incorporated. I want to see their spin on Steph, I know the writers are stay true to the comic books. But can they give us Dixon Steph? If they manage that, Dixon will shed a tear.

Let's take it one step at a time, YJ just came back. Let's hope they don't fall into the darkness again.
    Greg Weisman has yet to disappoint me. Short of having Supergirl in YJ, I couldn't really ask for much more from the series thus far.

I'm sure the series will have dark moments, but like with the Harper Family episode, it will also have light-hearted and fun episodes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Like the rest of you I hope Steph gets an opportunity to be awesome in Young Justice sometime soon.

And to celebrate the restarting of this thread I created a new Steph Adventures faux comic cover today. Check out the high res version at DeviantArt.

http://www.deviantart.com/chickfight...-Foo-779899479

Attachment 76211
    Bunny Girl Steph!
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Bikini steph:

Attachment 76664
    Gorgeous. Although while I think of her as forward, I don't think of Steph as intentionally sexy like she's depicted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well Tim and Cassie don't look like they're going to make it to the end of the season as a couple do hopefully Stephanie can help him out.
    The most hilarious thing is that Steph and Cassie might still share VA's, barring a recasting.

I think I'd rather see Cassandra (assuming she is in the show) become Batgirl and Steph remain as Spoiler. Spoiler has all the trappings of a successful property (distinctive look, strong character, et c). As batgirl she is just one of many, but she is the one and only spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I think I'd rather see Cassandra (assuming she is in the show) become Batgirl and Steph remain as Spoiler. Spoiler has all the trappings of a successful property (distinctive look, strong character, et c). As batgirl she is just one of many, but she is the one and only spoiler.
    The problem with Steph as Spoiler is she's only ever been a sidekick as Spoiler. Yes, it doesn't have to be that way, and I think Tynion was trying to give her independence in his run, but I don't think that caught on enough. Maybe it will with YJ, but we shall see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Unfortunately, that isn't the way it works.

In comics (and animated series based on comics), it is difficult for a character with an unknown identity to gain recognition. This makes it easier for the character to be forgotten or relegated.

Stephanie is the only Spoiler, while there are other Batgirls. However, writers probably prefer to work with one of the other Batgirls than with the only Spoiler.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-15-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Unfortunately, that isn't the way it works.

In comics (and animated series based on comics), it is difficult for a character with an unknown identity to gain recognition. This makes it easier for the character to be forgotten or relegated.

Stephanie is the only Spoiler, while there are other Batgirls. However, writers probably prefer to work with one of the other Batgirls than with the only Spoiler.
    Yeah, I think this is an excellent articulation of the problem. Sure, Spoiler is unique, but she's too obscure. Even as a third (or sixth, or however many people you want to count) Batgirl, she was a solo hero. As Squire said, she's not a sidekick as Batgirl.

Assuming that we see Cass become Batgirl on the show, I'd be curious to see if they do find a way to work in Steph becoming Batgirl at some point, since they've generally followed the identity progression to the Batfamily pretty true to Post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Assuming that we see Cass become Batgirl on the show, I'd be curious to see if they do find a way to work in Steph becoming Batgirl at some point, since they've generally followed the identity progression to the Batfamily pretty true to Post-Crisis.
    That seems like a pretty big assumption. But I guess we shall see!