Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    very interesting post over in the naomi appreciation thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4660869

the poster links to this interview:

https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html

and the relevant content there is:

nrama: I’m just hoping for more stephanie brown. That’s who i would like to see.

Bendis: Oh, thank you. Yeah, no, people really responded well to tim and stephanie. There's bat office plans with that stuff, i do know. So that’s being taken care of. But if it wasn't, i would've definitely grabbed both of them for something because, obviously, i'm enjoying writing them a great deal.

i assume he must mean tynion in his upcoming batman run, and maybe this is great news. But i like what bendis has been doing with steph and her multiverse doppleganger, so is this better? As one of many in the bat family, or as the sole bat-connection to tim in young justice? Where is the thread of her former/future/contemporaneous life as batgirl more likely to be pulled?
    Thanks for the information

I liked the newsarama mention for Nrama and Bendis part.

I need more Steph again.. Even if the 75% is focused in her relation with Tim and Steph as some kind of Tim sidekick..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-07-2019 at 02:00 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Thanks for the information

I liked the newsarama mention for Nrama and Bendis part.

I need more Steph again.. Even if the 75% is focused in her relation with Tim and Steph as some kind of Tim sidekick..
    I personally don't mind Steph as a Tim supporting character/love interest, since that's how she was created. I think she has potential beyond that, but I think to say "I refuse to like her as she was created" limits one's enjoyment of a lot of her history and future.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I personally don't mind Steph as a Tim supporting character/love interest, since that's how she was created. I think she has potential beyond that, but I think to say "I refuse to like her as she was created" limits one's enjoyment of a lot of her history and future.
    I only want Steph again without matter how..

I think the same.. She has potential about that.. She was BATGIRL.. Is the proof of that.

I only want Steph again without matter how..

I think the same.. She has potential about that.. She was BATGIRL.. Is the proof of that.
    She will always be both Batgirl and Robin in my heart.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    She will always be both Batgirl and Robin in my heart.
    Absolutely! Still some of my favorite comics ever!

Extraordinary Member

Interesting thing about Steph - She seems to be one of very few characters who never has an evil alternate version of herself despite there being a good number of those alternate versions around. Tim has 2, his future Batman-self an Earth-3 Drake, But even on Earth-3, where pretty much every every main-timeline good guy has an evil counterpart, Steph's counterpart is still one of the good guys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Interesting thing about Steph - She seems to be one of very few characters who never has an evil alternate version of herself despite there being a good number of those alternate versions around. Tim has 2, his future Batman-self an Earth-3 Drake, But even on Earth-3, where pretty much every every main-timeline good guy has an evil counterpart, Steph's counterpart is still one of the good guys.
    The earth 3 Dick Grayson (Talon) was iirc also not a bad guy.

But based on how Eath 3 works it doesn't make much sense imo.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. which Batfamily charcers appart from Bruce and Tim have actually evil alternate versions? I can't really think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Absolutely! Still some of my favorite comics ever!
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Given Steph's lack of appearances, I'm glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The earth 3 Dick Grayson (Talon) was iirc also not a bad guy.

But based on how Eath 3 works it doesn't make much sense imo.
    I mean, we're getting Dark Multiverse stuff now, so maybe Bendis thinks that Earth-3 needs some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. which Batfamily charcers appart from Bruce and Tim have actually evil alternate versions? I can't really think of any.
    Even if we don't count Ric (lol), or Evil Cass (because of brainwashing), there's evil vampire Batwoman from Future's End, Damian 666 Batman (who isn't necessarily evil, but brings about the destruction of Gotham).

And Azrael good without saying.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Outsiders run is ending? I am surprised to see Cass in 2 books.. Outsiders and Birds of Prey.. Poor Steph. She lost one big oportunity here..

Talking about that..

DC is abusing from Harley..
    I think that I saw her in 5 DIFFERENT COMICS in february...

Why put this crazy clown in BIRDS OF PREY and not Steph? She has enough comics.
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-17-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Outsiders run is ending? I am surprised to see Cass in 2 books.. Outsiders and Birds of Prey.. Poor Steph. She lost one big oportunity here..

Talking about that..

Everyone is in the same boat as you, we can't understand it either but . I'm at a point where I no longer care and just laugh and laugh.

Incredible Member

Talking about that..

What Outsiders is ending? You don't mean Batman and the Outsiders, do you? I hadn't heard anything about that. Cass got an excellent spotlight in this past week's issue.

What other book is Cass in? Do you mean she'll be in the upcoming DCeased Unkillables three-part story?

Harley is a combination of villain, anti-hero, clown, chaos agent, and even hero at times, and is colorful too. High energy. And is on the cover of a lot of retailer exclusive variant covers. I guess she just draws attention. And her current monthly comic has been doing some great stuff that is both funny and sad, and makes playful fun of the DC Universe.

She and Cass have both gotten their DC Ink Young Adult graphic novels. The Cass one won't come out until February 2020 I think. But the Harley Quinn book came out already.

In Steph news, Catwoman #17 with the acetate cover came out, and it's really nice. Steph is on the front acetate layer, along with other heroes. The villains are hidden underneath on the inside cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    What Outsiders is ending? You don't mean Batman and the Outsiders, do you? I hadn't heard anything about that. Cass got an excellent spotlight in this past week's issue.¡.
    NO... After see Cass in one second comic during certain moment I thought that maybe Batman&Outsiders comic was ending..

Cass will be in the next Birds of Prey comic.. With Harley too..

I am tired of this clown girl.. She is really DC Deadpol..