Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    After what DC did to Wally, I just can't anymore. They sucked me dry of hope.
    Steph is at least safe in limbo. Meanwhile, Dick's generation is getting axed, trashed, and overall hammered left and right. Jason is kind of in his own little world because he luckily has a writer that likes him and is passionate about him. Tim was demoted to Robin for...reasons? I don't know, and I refuse to follow anything Bendis writes. Damian, I don't know. In Teen Titans, he's supposed to be on the outs with Bruce, but in Detective he's back in the Manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Steph is at least safe in limbo. Meanwhile, Dick's generation is getting axed, trashed, and overall hammered left and right. Jason is kind of in his own little world because he luckily has a writer that likes him and is passionate about him. Tim was demoted to Robin for...reasons? I don't know, and I refuse to follow anything Bendis writes. Damian, I don't know. In Teen Titans, he's supposed to be on the outs with Bruce, but in Detective he's back in the Manor.
    I never imagined as a Steph fan I would be happy to see her a limbo because it means Didio can't touch here. Hahahahaha, imagine that.

The titans are being torn apart, they are currently undergoing a mighty trolling because of Didio and his hateboner for Dick. I don't see how Tim being demoted to Robin is a bad thing, when Damian is an inferior class of Robin. I feel like Tim should hold that because he's a better alternative than Damian. I'm surprised Jason isn't being torn to bits but it's the blessing of the outcast. Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for Steph, you never know with DC these days
    Last edited by uchihafanboy; 04-27-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Incredible Member

I never imagined as a Steph fan I would be happy to see her a limbo because it means Didio can't touch here. Hahahahaha, imagine that.

The titans are being torn apart, they are currently undergoing a mighty trolling because of Didio and his hateboner for Dick. I don't see how Tim being demoted to Robin is a bad thing, when Damian is an inferior class of Robin. I feel like Tim should hold that because he's a better alternative than Damian. I'm surprised Jason isn't being torn to bits but it's the blessing of the outcast. Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for Steph, you never know with DC these days
    Steph is more on hiatus - on a road trip that no one has been documenting in the comics. (Well, Tim is back from that trip -- Steph is simply somewhere else. Maybe back to school.)

Now - Power Girl, she's in an actual limbo somewhere, poor thing.

Titans was just cancelled, last issue was final, after fumbling around without Dick's leadership. (I kept reading it, but it kind of drifted.)

Teen Titans appears to be hanging in there, though Damian is insane.

Tim is going to get a new name. Why he became Robin is unclear - we don't really know what universe he came from. Maybe he'll become Wingknight.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

After what DC did to Wally, I just can't anymore. They sucked me dry of hope.
    Always remember: There's room in our corner of fandom for hope, too.

Steph has been sidelined, ignored, tortured to death, and erased from existence - and now she's back, and she still has fans who love her. We just have to keep the flame alive, keep giving positive feedback to creators, and keep creating our own art, fic, and wikis (had to include myself there).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Steph is safe, but ignored. Safely ignored characters tend to become fodder for kill-happy editors, sadly. I hope she becomes a favorite of Bendis, honestly. Partly because I adore what he did with Peter and Mary Jane in Ultimate Spider-Man, and think he could do something similar with Steph and Tim. And Steph always benefits when she becomes a favorite of a writer.

I'm definitely not happy she's in limbo, but I am glad she hasn't been on the stupid "which hero will die" or "which hero will go evil" lists that DC uses to promote a Game of Thrones attitude towards characters.

I'm always holding my breath for Steph. It's been kinda airless the last year, but after Batman Eternal ended, I held my breath, and we got some really good stuff - Steph in Catwoman, Steph as Babs's trainee in Batgirl, some really great scenes with Steph in Batman and Robin Eternal, and above all, Tec. Were any of them perfect? Absolutely not! I could go on for quite a while about problems I have with each one. But I think all of them are really good, too, and worth adding to Steph's canon. So I'll keep holding my breath! Because, honestly, I never imagined we could get something like Tynion's run on Tec, especially not 980.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Steph is more on hiatus - on a road trip that no one has been documenting in the comics. (Well, Tim is back from that trip -- Steph is simply somewhere else. Maybe back to school.)

Now - Power Girl, she's in an actual limbo somewhere, poor thing.

Titans was just cancelled, last issue was final, after fumbling around without Dick's leadership. (I kept reading it, but it kind of drifted.)

Teen Titans appears to be hanging in there, though Damian is insane.

Tim is going to get a new name. Why he became Robin is unclear - we don't really know what universe he came from. Maybe he'll become Wingknight.
    Steph's road tripping was referenced in Batwoman in one panel of a huge spread, which was nice. But I hope, hope, hope that Young Justice #5 will give us a lot of meat!

BOTH Power Girls are in limbo, but I hope that Deathstroke will turn its attention to them in this RIP arc that's coming up (Deathstroke is one of my favorite series).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

Steph's road tripping was referenced in Batwoman in one panel of a huge spread, which was nice. But I hope, hope, hope that Young Justice #5 will give us a lot of meat!

BOTH Power Girls are in limbo, but I hope that Deathstroke will turn its attention to them in this RIP arc that's coming up (Deathstroke is one of my favorite series).
    Deathstroke is one of my favorite series too. I will miss Priest..

Incredible Member

I'm definitely not happy she's in limbo, but I am glad she hasn't been on the stupid "which hero will die" or "which hero will go evil" lists that DC uses to promote a Game of Thrones attitude towards characters.
    So many were killed off in Heroes in Crisis - many I'd never heard of, but Poison Ivy was among the casualties. Sucked.

I guess the second Power Girl is Tanya Spears? With unknown source of her powers? And Karen Starr - isn't her earth gone? What is her origin at this point? It's changed at least 3 times - Kryptonian, magic (I think), back to Kryptonian, and now...?

Solicitations suggest Deathstroke will be dying soon. Oh - must be at the hands of murderous Damian in the finale of the current Terminus Agenda. Maybe that's a fakeout. Otherwise, is Damian about to be retired?

DC wants us to read solicitations to put in pre-orders, but then -- spoilers? It seems half the time we get spoilers, but half the time the solicitations describe things that never happen in the book. So they aren't summaries written by an editor (or writer) after the final script. They are based on plot planning that is scrapped. Which evidently happens more often than one would hope.

I guess the second Power Girl is Tanya Spears? With unknown source of her powers? And Karen Starr - isn't her earth gone? What is her origin at this point? It's changed at least 3 times - Kryptonian, magic (I think), back to Kryptonian, and now...?

Solicitations suggest Deathstroke will be dying soon. Oh - must be at the hands of murderous Damian in the finale of the current Terminus Agenda. Maybe that's a fakeout. Otherwise, is Damian about to be retired?

DC wants us to read solicitations to put in pre-orders, but then -- spoilers? It seems half the time we get spoilers, but half the time the solicitations describe things that never happen in the book. So they aren't summaries written by an editor (or writer) after the final script. They are based on plot planning that is scrapped. Which evidently happens more often than one would hope.
    Yes, Tanya is the second Power Girl. Deathstroke's next arc after Terminus Agenda is Deathstroke RIP. But you know, comics. Plus he's got so many healing powers, I think it's an open question whether you can really kill him.

Solicits are kinda funny. Sometimes they are huge spoilers (Spoiler Alert!) sometimes they are completely wrong (like Rules of Engagement), sometimes they get pushed back because the writer gets a new idea. I asked Alex Antone, one of the editors, about it, and they are written by an editor or sometimes the writers. Bendis and Priest, for example, he said like to write their own solicits sometimes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Young Justice #5 preview pages are out, but as I figured only the first few pages and they don't include any flashback material.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...tice-5-Preview

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...stice-(2019)/5

The solicitation still appears to be wrong:

"Gemworld rips in half as Dark Opal battles the teen heroes of Young Justice as this huge, in-continuity epic continues. While Robin, Amethyst, Impulse, Teen Lantern and Superboy fight for their freedom, the secrets of Jinny Hex, Jonah Hex's great-great-granddaughter, are revealed-and it is a DC Universe doozy!"

Ater all, the solicitation for #6 has much in common with that:

".... Fan-favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex's origins and how she came to be in Metropolis on the day the new Young Justice formed."

Meanwhile, it's interesting Bendis keeps insisting this is "in-continuity" to the extreme extent that he includes it in the solicitation for #5. Waiting for him to explain or demonstrate what that term means to him.

Comicbookroundup starts linking to reviews around midnight Eastern time on Tuesday night, which is pretty soon.

A lot of artists apparently contribute to this issue. The solicitation only mentions Kris Anka, but the previewed title page lists John Timms (who is the new series regular), Kris Anka, and Doc Shaner. They are all terrific artists.

But I just came across this, Kris posted it back on March 25.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvc0y1AgBUB/

I have my own "secret" method and grabbed the jpg, am embedding it here and I hope the embed works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Young Justice #5 preview pages are out, but as I figured only the first few pages and they don't include any flashback material.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...tice-5-Preview

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...stice-(2019)/5

The solicitation still appears to be wrong:

"Gemworld rips in half as Dark Opal battles the teen heroes of Young Justice as this huge, in-continuity epic continues. While Robin, Amethyst, Impulse, Teen Lantern and Superboy fight for their freedom, the secrets of Jinny Hex, Jonah Hex's great-great-granddaughter, are revealed-and it is a DC Universe doozy!"

Ater all, the solicitation for #6 has much in common with that:

".... Fan-favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex's origins and how she came to be in Metropolis on the day the new Young Justice formed."

Meanwhile, it's interesting Bendis keeps insisting this is "in-continuity" to the extreme extent that he includes it in the solicitation for #5. Waiting for him to explain or demonstrate what that term means to him.

Comicbookroundup starts linking to reviews around midnight Eastern time on Tuesday night, which is pretty soon.

A lot of artists apparently contribute to this issue. The solicitation only mentions Kris Anka, but the previewed title page lists John Timms (who is the new series regular), Kris Anka, and Doc Shaner. They are all terrific artists.

But I just came across this, Kris posted it back on March 25.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvc0y1AgBUB/

I have my own "secret" method and grabbed the jpg, am embedding it here and I hope the embed works.
    The "in continuity" thing has confused me, too. I think it's because Bendis is playing with AUs and multiverses, and wants everyone to know he's still rooted in main continuity.

Solicits are generally a problem with Bendis - his stuff tends to get off track, sometimes so much that the covers don't even match (which happened in his X-Men runs). John Timms does the present day stuff, Kris Anka does the flashbacks, and Shaner does some kind of thing related to the team. It's a great group...though I'm still a bit frustrated Bendis didn't figure out a way to get one great artist for the whole arc. But I guess the flashback structure does work for it.

And I'm very glad it's Anka on the Tim and Steph parts!

On Tumblr, I posted a tease Anka posted on twitter, including a shot of Steph from the interiors: https://ibmiller.tumblr.com/post/184...mas-on-twitter

It's very nice Looks like they're in their civvies for at least part of the flashback.

Young Justice #5 was so amazing, Steph fans! Kris Anka draws an amazing Steph and Tim, and Bendis did way more than I could have hoped with Steph's character!

BANNED

YJ#5 was a treat. Bendis wrote a terrific Steph/Tim story that celebrates their love and puts to bed some nagging questions regarding Tim..hopefully there's more to Steph's arc in later issues.

I almost cried Miller... This was better than I expected...

I was Crying of happiness and I am not know as one TimxSteph fan..

Maybe I will say THANKS or something like that in Bendis twitter.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    YJ#5 was a treat. Bendis wrote a terrific Steph/Tim story that celebrates their love and puts to bed some nagging questions regarding Tim..hopefully there's more to Steph's arc in later issues.
    Bendis's voices were perfect. I hope that in 5 more issues, we'll see her show up again, and say something like, "well, the "master criminal" is in jail again"

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I almost cried Miller... This was better than I expected...

I was Crying of happiness and I am not know as one TimxSteph fan..

Maybe I will say THANKS or something like that in Bendis twitter.
    It was so good - way more than I hoped for! Definitely let Bendis know on twitter! I have, and probably will again.

Incredible Member

Really liked it. Ten full pages. Looking back at old Young Justice covers/history, I see Steph is on the cover of Young Justice #42 (publication date Apr 2002).

There were so many group covers, but the splash panel in today's book - drawn by Doc Shaner I think - looks to me like it could be an homage to Young Justice #50 (Dec 2002). Or to the cover of #18 (Mar 2000).

Steph mentions they were each a Robin, though she was Batgirl much longer, which was not yet mentioned here. I guess there is no greater honor than making it to Robin?

As long as Tim stays with the team, I think Steph will stick around.

I think DC is planning for universe-melting soon, whether it's thanks to Doomsday Clock, or Year of the Villain which starts today, or both.

Babs is a big part of Year of the Villain, apparently. We'll see were any of this goes.

Really liked it. Ten full pages. Looking back at old Young Justice covers/history, I see Steph is on the cover of Young Justice #42 (publication date Apr 2002).

There were so many group covers, but the splash panel in today's book - drawn by Doc Shaner I think - looks to me like it could be an homage to Young Justice #50 (Dec 2002). Or to the cover of #18 (Mar 2000).

Steph mentions they were each a Robin, though she was Batgirl much longer, which was not yet mentioned here. I guess there is no greater honor than making it to Robin?

As long as Tim stays with the team, I think Steph will stick around.

I think DC is planning for universe-melting soon, whether it's thanks to Doomsday Clock, or Year of the Villain which starts today, or both.

Babs is a big part of Year of the Villain, apparently. We'll see were any of this goes.
    Actually, she does mention being Batgirl - she says "Batgirl and Robin ran away" in the second page of the flashback.

My hope is that in 5 issues we'll see her pop up again, either to say "Okay, I beat my dad" or "Help, my dad has an evil plan to take over the world again!"