Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    ).Steph mentions they were each a Robin, though she was Batgirl much longer, which was not yet mentioned here. I guess there is no greater honor than making it to Robin?
    Stephanie mentioned she was Batgirl. When she waw speaking about herself and Tim, she said this:

"Batgirl and Robin told everybody we were going off to Collegue and then we drove the other way"
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-01-2019 at 09:52 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Stephanie mentioned she was Batgirl. When she waw speaking about herself and Tim, said this:

"Batgirl and Robin told everybody we were going off to Collegue and the we drove the other way"
    Never forget!

I'm so pleased that Steph gets all three of her names in today's issue!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Actually, she does mention being Batgirl - she says "Batgirl and Robin ran away" in the second page of the flashback.
    I saw that and preceded to immediately forget it! While we also checked in on Babs and Cassandra in Detective #981, I think you are right, Steph is referring to herself as Batgirl.

This seems to happen very shortly after the events of Detective #981 - their road trip hasn't amount to much and it seems their fact-finding is only starting with Zatanna.

They had sushi and 2 cans of grape soda.

We have 2 days - or 3 days - till their next meeting. In comic book time, that's somewhere between now and never.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I saw that and preceded to immediately forget it! While we also checked in on Babs and Cassandra in Detective #981, I think you are right, Steph is referring to herself as Batgirl.

This seems to happen very shortly after the events of Detective #981 - their road trip hasn't amount to much and it seems their fact-finding is only starting with Zatanna.

They had sushi and 2 cans of grape soda.

We have 2 days - or 3 days - till their next meeting. In comic book time, that's somewhere between now and never.
    You know it! I'm personally hoping for another 5 issues. But who knows! The YJ team seems to be jumping from multiverse to multiverse so far.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    YJ#5 was a treat. Bendis wrote a terrific Steph/Tim story that celebrates their love and puts to bed some nagging questions regarding Tim..hopefully there's more to Steph's arc in later issues.
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. It was... nice to read Steph and cry yourself to sleep afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I almost cried Miller... This was better than I expected...

I was Crying of happiness and I am not know as one TimxSteph fan..

Maybe I will say THANKS or something like that in Bendis twitter.
    That's when you've seen TimxSteph in it's purest form, you love it even if you're not a fan of it.

This issue was nice, but I can't tell whether this issue was nice because of what happened to Wally or because it was good.
    Oh well, it was a nice issue overall

I kinda wish they did a 6 issue mini where we got to see Steph as Robin again. Since we dont really know how it played out in the current universe. Retcon out some of Bruce's dickishness and maybe stephs fake death cause that was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. It was... nice to read Steph and cry yourself to sleep afterwards.

That's when you've seen TimxSteph in it's purest form, you love it even if you're not a fan of it.

This issue was nice, but I can't tell whether this issue was nice because of what happened to Wally or because it was good.
    Oh well, it was a nice issue overall
    I think it was just a good issue. It was collaborative storytelling at its best - picking up where another writer left off and setting the characters on a new road, giving readers a good time, with great art.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I kinda wish they did a 6 issue mini where we got to see Steph as Robin again. Since we dont really know how it played out in the current universe. Retcon out some of Bruce's dickishness and maybe stephs fake death cause that was stupid.
    That would be amazing! I dunno how it would work, but I would buy so many copies. (I was so tempted to buy more than one copy today, but I didn't want to rob another fan)

That would be amazing! I dunno how it would work, but I would buy so many copies. (I was so tempted to buy more than one copy today, but I didn't want to rob another fan)
    If they did redo her Robin career how would you change it MillerNumber1 since your the biggest Steph superfan!

I'd maybe try find a better spot to slot her in as Robin so the timeline is clearer. And id remove her dying and have her decide that Robin wasn't who she wanted to be herself. Plus i'd fix her relationship with Bruce so he doesnt appear like an arsehole not treating her very well to make Tim jealous.

If they did redo her Robin career how would you change it MillerNumber1 since your the biggest Steph superfan!

I'd maybe try find a better spot to slot her in as Robin so the timeline is clearer. And id remove her dying and have her decide that Robin wasn't who she wanted to be herself. Plus i'd fix her relationship with Bruce so he doesnt appear like an arsehole not treating her very well to make Tim jealous.

If DC let me do Steph as Robin right, I would use Dixon's plot of "Make Tim Blue Beetle and Make Steph Robin" so that way there's no stupid quitting or firing. It'd just be a nice adventure story, and if DC needed me to reset the status quo, I'd have Steph decide that while she learned a lot from Batman, she needs to be Spoiler long term. As Dixon said, though, I'd have Batman be impressed with her hard work and smarts.

Similar to what you have said, actually. But with the Blue Beetle thing. And maybe I'd try to make Scarab one of her second-tier nemesis, only she'd actually beat that jerk this time.

If DC let me do Steph as Robin right, I would use Dixon's plot of "Make Tim Blue Beetle and Make Steph Robin" so that way there's no stupid quitting or firing. It'd just be a nice adventure story, and if DC needed me to reset the status quo, I'd have Steph decide that while she learned a lot from Batman, she needs to be Spoiler long term. As Dixon said, though, I'd have Batman be impressed with her hard work and smarts.

Similar to what you have said, actually. But with the Blue Beetle thing. And maybe I'd try to make Scarab one of her second-tier nemesis, only she'd actually beat that jerk this time.
    That sounds like a real good idea actually! I like the idea of Tim as Blue Beetle - i guess back when Dixon was suggesting that Jamie wasn't on the scene?

That sounds like a real good idea actually! I like the idea of Tim as Blue Beetle - i guess back when Dixon was suggesting that Jamie wasn't on the scene?
    Yup, this was back around 2001ish? I don't know exactly when Jaime came on the scene. But the idea Dixon proposed was that Tim would start a sort of Blue Beetle Inc idea, so it doesn't even have to exclude Jaime!

how many issues of Steph as Robin actually were there?

how many issues of Steph as Robin actually were there?
    Forgive the messiness of this page - I haven't completely figured out what I want to do with it. But I have collected the list here: https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wiki/Steph_as_Robin

There were three in the main Robin title, (126-128), one of Tec, one of Teen Titans, one of Batgirl. Two years later, there was a short story in Solo. And then in 2011, the Robin Team Up in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

So I count six during the time period, and then two or so afterwards, and a bunch which reference it.

Forgive the messiness of this page - I haven't completely figured out what I want to do with it. But I have collected the list here: https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wiki/Steph_as_Robin

There were three in the main Robin title, (126-128), one of Tec, one of Teen Titans, one of Batgirl. Two years later, there was a short story in Solo. And then in 2011, the Robin Team Up in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

So I count six during the time period, and then two or so afterwards, and a bunch which reference it.
    6 is way less than I thought itd be! It must have been like 3 months of her as robin! Such a short time.

I do kinda have a feeling that when they inevitably replace Damian as Robin in 5 or 6 years time that they will go for another female Robin. Just got a hunch in my gut!