Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    As I said before, I'm in the opposite boat: Tim is my most favorite Robin and Damian is my least favorite. That said, I enjoy Super Sons because of the Damian/Jon dynamic, and I don't look forward to it ending (because, well, what has been done to Jon).

As for what Tynion did to Steph, I don't blame that on Tynion's admiration of Tim — mostly. The one thing where I was less than happy was that Stephanie has been reduced to just being Tim's girlfriend. That said, that's only a reduction in comparison to the heights Stephanie had reached just before Flashpoint. I'm fine with Stephanie and Tim being an item; but there's more to Tim than just being Stephanie's boyfriend, and there should be more to Stephanie than just being Tim's girlfriend. I'm hoping nothing bad happens to her with this “return of the Cluemaster” thing Bendis has cooked up; ideally, this will be a chance for her to shine on her own.

Conversely, while she's not a founding member of YJ, I'd love to see her eventually get added to the roster once they get back from Gemworld.
    I enjoy supersons as well, then again is it even possible to hate Jon?

He's a Damian fan, anything bad that happens to others characters is obviously Tim's fault even if it had nothing to do with him. Looking back, it was bad writing all over but no, Tim is obviously to blame for it.

YJ has me anxious, Detective started out the same way and look how it turned out. We can only wait, hope and see.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    You said what they wrote about Damian is not true, I disagree. What they wrote about Damian is true. Whenever Damian is spoken about, I must hate him.

I don't understand why your bringing up Tim. He's not even my favourite Robin. But that's the one I seem to notice about Damian fans, they always bring up Tim and say "Tim is my least favourite Robin and xyz" it seems to me that Damian fans are Tim haters if anything else and nothing more.

I dislike Damian because he's just plain horrible. I can see the relationship they have, like the relationship and still hate Damian. You gravely misunderstand, i just do not like him. He's annoying, and always will be unworthy of the the title of Robin.
    I'm going to be really direct:

Please stop talking about a character here in the thread if you hate them. Just don't respond if they are talked about. There are plenty of threads you can talk about your dislike or hatred for characters outside of the appreciation threads.

Appreciation threads should be a place where you can have fun and enjoy the character who is the main subject of the thread. They're not supposed to be bitter, angry places. Are there good reasons to be angry and bitter? Absolutely! But please don't bring them in here.

Additionally, please definitely don't bring in direct confrontations with other fans to this thread.

I make this request about all characters. If you hate Damian, hate Tim, hate anyone (well, obviously especially Steph) - please don't post about it in this thread.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Indeed. Once more: Damian is my least favorite Robin; but I have nothing against Damian's fans: though I'll admit that there may be something to the “they hate Tim” accusation, I wouldn't go so far as to say that that's the only or even the main reason why they like Damian. And my point about Super Sons is that I like Damian as he's presented there. He's my least favorite Robin; but I don't hate him.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Indeed. Once more: Damian is my least favorite Robin; but I have nothing against Damian's fans: though I'll admit that there may be something to the “they hate Tim” accusation, I wouldn't go so far as to say that that's the only or even the main reason why they like Damian. And my point about Super Sons is that I like Damian as he's presented there. He's my least favorite Robin; but I don't hate him.
    Yes, they always seem to bring up Tim. I don't know why.

Supersons is great, it's a shame what Bendis did to him. I felt like they created the perfect sidekick, as good as the original Robin, and then Bendis threw him away. It really did depress me, it truly did. It felt like as soon as we had a good legacy character, DC destroyed him once again. This time though, even sooner than before, we only had Jon for 2 years before he was taken away. I was really looking forward to Jon and Conner and looking at a happy superfamily, but alas. It was only a blissful dream

I don't understand why your bringing up Tim. He's not even my favourite Robin. But that's the one I seem to notice about Damian fans, they always bring up Tim and say "Tim is my least favourite Robin and xyz" it seems to me that Damian fans are Tim haters if anything else and nothing more.

He's a Damian fan, anything bad that happens to others characters is obviously Tim's fault even if it had nothing to do with him. Looking back, it was bad writing all over but no, Tim is obviously to blame for it..
    Unlike Duke(thanks to his creator) I don´t hate Tim... As a Damian fan I am destined to hate him?. I saw the "N52 TT trash run"(writer fault) with Tim as his friend as a Batfan because he was one ex-robin(I was a rookie in the comics world)..

The only that dissapoints me is the Hate that I saw for part of some Tim fans for Damian(I am blaming his fans not Tim).... and what happened in detective comics with Steph(I love her) making him my least favorite Robin.

I prefer not talk about the rest.. It´s not the first time that I see you talking about Damian..

I enjoy supersons as well, then again is it even possible to hate Jon?
    Despite I love his parents I hate him. His craziests fans helped me in this.. We are the opposite again.

As I said before, I'm in the opposite boat: Tim is my most favorite Robin and Damian is my least favorite. That said, I enjoy Super Sons because of the Damian/Jon dynamic, and I don't look forward to it ending (because, well, what has been done to Jon).

As for what Tynion did to Steph, I don't blame that on Tynion's admiration of Tim — mostly. The one thing where I was less than happy was that Stephanie has been reduced to just being Tim's girlfriend. That said, that's only a reduction in comparison to the heights Stephanie had reached just before Flashpoint. I'm fine with Stephanie and Tim being an item; but there's more to Tim than just being Stephanie's boyfriend, and there should be more to Stephanie than just being Tim's girlfriend. I'm hoping nothing bad happens to her with this “return of the Cluemaster” thing Bendis has cooked up; ideally, this will be a chance for her to shine on her own.

Conversely, while she's not a founding member of YJ, I'd love to see her eventually get added to the roster once they get back from Gemworld.
    Forgetting tynon run. Despite I am not TimxSteph supporter I loved what Bendis made with both in YJ 5... However, I know that this relationship can give her more revelance.. I hope that you are right that cluemaster is her chance to shine a little..

I can´t see Steph in YJ as a revelant character if Bendis doesn´t remove another character and I think that Wondergirl is the only female old character.. The GL girl and the redhead are Bendis creations.. They are not leaving the team..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Getting back to Stephanie in the latest Young Justice issue:

My initial reaction to the Batgirl and Robin comments was “yes!” Then I thought about it, and the comments don't make sense: at that point in the story, the only thing Stephanie knew about having previously been Robin and/or Batgirl were from the records of another world. It wasn't until after she made those comments that they met up with Zatanna and learned that those were suppressed memories, not an alternate reality. In particular, her Batgirl comment doesn't gel because she wasn't Batgirl when they started the road trip. That said, I'm happy with the overall result: Zatanna did confirm that those were indeed suppressed memories, and that Stephanie's times as Robin and Batgirl still happened; it's just a matter of time and plot before they're fully restored.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Unlike Duke(thanks to his creator) I don´t hate Tim... As a Damian fan I am destined to hate him?. I saw the "N52 TT trash run"(writer fault) with Tim as his friend as a Batfan because he was one ex-robin(I was a rookie in the comics world)..

The only that dissapoints me is the Hate that I saw for part of some Tim fans for Damian and what happened in detective comics with Steph(I love her) making him my least favorite Robin.

I prefer not talk about the rest.. It´s not the first time that I see you talking about Damian..

Is possible.

Forgetting tynon run. Despite I am not TimxSteph supporter I loved what Bendis made with both in YJ 5... However, I know that this relationship can give her more revelance.. I hope that you are right that cluemaster is her chance to shine a little..

I can´t see her in YJ as a revelant character if Bendis doesn´t remove another character.. I think that Wondergirl is the only old character.. The GL girl and the redhead are Bendis creations.. They are not leaving the team..
    I'm pretty sure that Amythist will be staying in Gemworld when that arc ends. Wonder Girl isn't going anywhere, either; she's one of the YJ4 that the series is built around.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Getting back to Stephanie in the latest Young Justice issue:

My initial reaction to the Batgirl and Robin comments was “yes!” Then I thought about it, and the comments don't make sense: at that point in the story, the only thing Stephanie knew about having previously been Robin and/or Batgirl were from the records of another world. It wasn't until after she made those comments that they met up with Zatanna and learned that those were suppressed memories, not an alternate reality. In particular, her Batgirl comment doesn't gel because she wasn't Batgirl when they started the road trip. That said, I'm happy with the overall result: Zatanna did confirm that those were indeed suppressed memories, and that Stephanie's times as Robin and Batgirl still happened; it's just a matter of time and plot before they're fully restored.
    (I can never remember what I've said here or on other forums, so apologies if I'm repeating myself).

Steph's reaction, in Tec 980, was one of initial shock and tears, and then confident laughter. Her knowledge of herself as Batgirl and Robin in another timeline gives her more strength, and even though in 981 she's still holding Batman at arm's length, it's clear to me she's on a trajectory back into the Batfamily at that point. I think, given however much time has passed between 981 and YJ5, Steph has come to terms with her alternate past, and enjoys joking about it, even before Zatanna's revelations.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm pretty sure that Amythist will be staying in Gemworld when that arc ends. Wonder Girl isn't going anywhere, either; she's one of the YJ4 that the series is built around.
    STEPH appeared in 1 issue.. There are chances to see her again as secondary character related with Tim. Maybe in less than 1 year she appears here again.

Anyway.. I have MILLER here to inform me.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    (I can never remember what I've said here or on other forums, so apologies if I'm repeating myself).

Steph's reaction, in Tec 980, was one of initial shock and tears, and then confident laughter. Her knowledge of herself as Batgirl and Robin in another timeline gives her more strength, and even though in 981 she's still holding Batman at arm's length, it's clear to me she's on a trajectory back into the Batfamily at that point. I think, given however much time has passed between 981 and YJ5, Steph has come to terms with her alternate past, and enjoys joking about it, even before Zatanna's revelations.
    Years ago I was like the young Dick Grayson. I admired Batman a lot but with the past of the years I changed my opinion about batman like him.. I still like him but I know that he is not perfect.. I am ready if there is the chance to replace him for Dick again during certain time, I would like it...

I think that the people who hate Steph for what happened in detective comics are like KIDS that continue watching batman as a God and saw her rebellion against him as one insult without think in her reasons to made this.. They are blinded with batman..

I liked what happened between her and the brother eye too..

Despite the Batgirl Steph costume is not here anymore.. I am happy that this costume improved Spoiler original costume.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2019 at 11:44 AM.

The only that dissapoints me is the Hate that I saw for part of some Tim fans for Damian(I am blaming his fans not Tim).... and what happened in detective comics with Steph(I love her) making him my least favorite Robin.

Despite I love his parents I hate him. His craziests fans helped me in this.. We are the opposite again.

I can´t see Steph in YJ as a revelant character if Bendis doesn´t remove another character and I think that Wondergirl is the only female old character.. The GL girl and the redhead are Bendis creations.. They are not leaving the team..
    I can't reply to you because I have a very aggressive posting style and miller no like that. We can take it some where else if you'd like, maybe the Damian appreciation thread. I'd like to take you all on at once.
    Yep, that and the entire roster for YJ hasn't been revealed yet. The thing is I can't stand Bendis and his slow storytelling, it's very boring. And he likes to drag arcs along for a very long time, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm curious as to who is joining the team.

I can't reply to you because I have a very aggressive posting style and miller no like that. We can take it some where else if you'd like, maybe the Damian appreciation thread. I'd like to take you all on at once.
    WTF.. I think that I am not here offending you for hate Damian.. I don´t want one new long comment full of hate in his appreciation topic or in another place

Consider this like one victory but please stop it.

I think that this is the last time that I talk with you.. You are scaring me.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2019 at 01:38 PM.

WTF.. I think that I am not here offending you for hate Damian.. I don´t want one new long comment full of hate in his appreciation topic or in another place

Consider this like one victory but please stop it.

I think that this is the last time that I talk with you.. You are scaring me.
    I am talking about this
    I'm going to be really direct:

Please stop talking about a character here in the thread if you hate them. Just don't respond if they are talked about. There are plenty of threads you can talk about your dislike or hatred for characters outside of the appreciation threads.

Appreciation threads should be a place where you can have fun and enjoy the character who is the main subject of the thread. They're not supposed to be bitter, angry places. Are there good reasons to be angry and bitter? Absolutely! But please don't bring them in here.

Additionally, please definitely don't bring in direct confrontations with other fans to this thread.

I make this request about all characters. If you hate Damian, hate Tim, hate anyone (well, obviously especially Steph) - please don't post about it in this thread.
    Miller told me to stop, so I am going to stop. But if you wish to continue elsewhere, I'm down.

STEPH appeared in 1 issue.. There are chances to see her again as secondary character related with Tim. Maybe in less than 1 year she appears here again.

Anyway.. I have MILLER here to inform me.

Years ago I was like the young Dick Grayson. I admired Batman a lot but with the past of the years I changed my opinion about batman like him.. I still like him but I know that he is not perfect.. I am ready if there is the chance to replace him for Dick again during certain time, I would like it...

I think that the people who hate Steph for what happened in detective comics are like KIDS that continue watching batman as a God and saw her rebellion against him as one insult without think in her reasons to made this.. They are blinded with batman..

I liked what happened between her and the brother eye too..

Despite the Batgirl Steph costume is not here anymore.. I am happy that this costume improved Spoiler original costume.
    Yup, I'm still hoping for issue #10 of YJ.

That's a really great story about how you started feeling like Dick as Robin - Batman is the ideal - and now you're learning a more nuanced, complex understanding of his character. I love it!

I agree that there's a lot of idealization of Batman in the pushback against Steph - and also an unwillingness to let characters be wrong and still like them. I love Steph, but I think she was wrong about Batman in The Victim Syndicate. But it was important for her to strike out on her own and figure out what was going on in Gotham outside of Batman's influence.

I agree that there's a lot of idealization of Batman in the pushback against Steph - and also an unwillingness to let characters be wrong and still like them. I love Steph, but I think she was wrong about Batman in The Victim Syndicate. But it was important for her to strike out on her own and figure out what was going on in Gotham outside of Batman's influence.
    NOBODY is perfect.. They are human..

Talking about the victim syndicate..They revealed his leader FIRST VICTIM identity?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Anyway.. NOBODY is perfect.. They are human..

Talking about the victim syndicate..They revealed his leader FIRST VICTIM identity?
    Nope - the First Victim is still anonymous. I think Tynion might tell that story if he comes back to Gotham, but probably not for several years. And I hope he tells the end of League of Shadows first.