Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, clearly if Bendis has plans to continue including Steph, there's going to be drama, but I hope that it's not stupid.
    I could see Steph breaking up with Tim. Idk why. I just have a feeling Bendis will do it.

Her recent appearance in Batman - where she ignores the phone call might be foreshadowing for her state of mind in future appearances.

Incredible Member

So much chaos in the storytelling -- often hard to follow who is where and how they got there (Cassie is flung down the street and also into a fountain at the same time?). Much of the action is hard to follow, but if the intent is to show the chaos of sudden battle with an ever-increasing number of parties getting involved, it succeeded!

But also so many whimsical touches (like the little bags of Buster Golds and J-lly Olsens). If this is how that world is, the Batcave is probably going to be filled with some incredibly weird stuff.

I think The Batwoman (also called The Bat by some of the -- snappers?) is not evil, but is part of a resistance. And there's a big question here: what she was about to say just before she was smacked by Bart. She started "Drake, you have no idea how insane, because I just found out..." and we don't know the rest.

I wonder how much we'll be checking in with Tim and Steph next time - there's the question of where the heck the Lanterns disappeared to (or maybe that's not a mystery but just part of the eccentric art), and the immediate cliffhanger with Jinny.

Incredible Member

And if there's a Batcave, is there a Brown Manor on top?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I could see Steph breaking up with Tim. Idk why. I just have a feeling Bendis will do it.

Her recent appearance in Batman - where she ignores the phone call might be foreshadowing for her state of mind in future appearances.
    I really hope not. I like Tim and Steph together. And without a regular title for Steph, I think a breakup would signal a complete disappearance for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    So much chaos in the storytelling -- often hard to follow who is where and how they got there (Cassie is flung down the street and also into a fountain at the same time?). Much of the action is hard to follow, but if the intent is to show the chaos of sudden battle with an ever-increasing number of parties getting involved, it succeeded!

But also so many whimsical touches (like the little bags of Buster Golds and J-lly Olsens). If this is how that world is, the Batcave is probably going to be filled with some incredibly weird stuff.

I think The Batwoman (also called The Bat by some of the -- snappers?) is not evil, but is part of a resistance. And there's a big question here: what she was about to say just before she was smacked by Bart. She started "Drake, you have no idea how insane, because I just found out..." and we don't know the rest.

I wonder how much we'll be checking in with Tim and Steph next time - there's the question of where the heck the Lanterns disappeared to (or maybe that's not a mystery but just part of the eccentric art), and the immediate cliffhanger with Jinny.
    There was a lot of chaos, but I enjoyed it, especially Tim's silhouette fight.

I think there's clearly going to be some development of Tim and Steph-3 in the Batcave, though probably more stuff with Teen Lantern.

And if there's a Batcave, is there a Brown Manor on top?
    That's a great idea! Though I bet it's just Wayne Manor taken over by Steph. Can't wait to see next month!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I really hope not. I like Tim and Steph together. And without a regular title for Steph, I think a breakup would signal a complete disappearance for a long time.
    Tim professed so much affection, I don't see them breaking up, but if Steph reverts to some jealous paranoia, as has happened in the past, things could get bumpy. Maybe Steph will get jealous of Steph-3.

You never know, with Bendis. His treatment of Lois and Clark has been head-scratching this past year, though they are still very much in love and in a romantic way.

But it seems he's more likely to put Tim and Steph together than tear them apart. There's time for conflict later.

There was a lot of chaos, but I enjoyed it, especially Tim's silhouette fight.
    That fight was really cool. And Gabe Eltaeb added some really nice red gradients.

That's a great idea! Though I bet it's just Wayne Manor taken over by Steph. Can't wait to see next month!
    Maybe it's now Pennyworth Plaza.

Tim professed so much affection, I don't see them breaking up, but if Steph reverts to some jealous paranoia, as has happened in the past, things could get bumpy. Maybe Steph will get jealous of Steph-3.

You never know, with Bendis. His treatment of Lois and Clark has been head-scratching this past year, though they are still very much in love and in a romantic way.

But it seems he's more likely to put Tim and Steph together than tear them apart. There's time for conflict later.

That fight was really cool. And Gabe Eltaeb added some really nice red gradients.

Maybe it's now Pennyworth Plaza.
    Agreed about Tim and Steph's affection. I think there's probably going to be drama, but a breakup seems odd based on the way Bendis has written relationships (Peter and MJ, Luke and Jessica) in the past. Steph jealous of Steph-3 would be kinda funny - we might see the very vertical hairstyle a few times in normal continuity, which could be funny.

Pennyworth/Brown Ruins
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-sp...th-3-batwoman/

This is hilarious. They finally used the "X is [Spoiler]" correctly!

https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-sp...th-3-batwoman/

This is hilarious. They finally used the "X is [Spoiler]" correctly!
    And with Steph it's a double play on words. You gotta love it

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    And with Steph it's a double play on words. You gotta love it
    Exactly! Every time I see someone on twitter say "SPOILER is Batman" or whatever, I just wanna respond with a picture of Steph.

On tumblr, someone suggested that Steph-3s' Batwoman look could be inspired by Violet in Steph's return arc (Robin 170-174). That's a good thought, but I think she's much closer to Harper Row in design. I laid the looks out here:

https://ibmiller.tumblr.com/post/187...oung-justice-8

On tumblr, someone suggested that Steph-3s' Batwoman look could be inspired by Violet in Steph's return arc (Robin 170-174). That's a good thought, but I think she's much closer to Harper Row in design. I laid the looks out here:

Damn that Violet comparison is cool. That was a fun mislead at the time.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Damn that Violet comparison is cool. That was a fun mislead at the time.
    Yep! I love this kind of fan interaction with people who dig into Steph's rich history!

Yep! I love this kind of fan interaction with people who dig into Steph's rich history!
    As a frequenter of your steph wiki, I appreciate it!
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    As a frequenter of your steph wiki, I appreciate it!
    Thanks! I love updating it, and if you ever have any suggestions, let me know and I'll be happy to try to make it happen!

WHAT? One Steph from another universe appeared in YJ 8?