Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Have you seen the Black Lantern Batgirl Steph?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B36Fc0dA6TI/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Oh, wow! Finally Steph getting some variant love for Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Blackest Night as a retailer exclusive! I wonder if that's a sign that Steph might get a chance to participate in that event after all
    Last edited by millernumber1; 10-22-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Nice to see her Batgirl costume again, albeit under horrifying circumstances .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, wow! Finally Steph getting some variant love for Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Blackest Night as a retailer exclusive! I wonder if that's a sign that Steph might get a chance to participate in that event after all
    The variant cover probably has no relation to the inner story. But still nice to see BatSteph on a cover again! And she as a Black Lantern corpse looks scarily cool.

The variant cover probably has no relation to the inner story. But still nice to see BatSteph on a cover again! And she as a Black Lantern corpse looks scarily cool.
    I know it probably doesn't, but it's really cool seeing someone use actual Steph, after they stole Steph's pose from the Artgerm cover for DCeased (I'm still really annoyed by that).

And it's available for sale: https://www.comicselitecomics.com/co...lusive-11-6-20

Only 3000 of the regular cover for $14.99, and the virgin has 1000 for about $30.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Very interesting post over in the Naomi appreciation thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4660869

The poster links to this interview:

https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html

And the relevant content there is:

Nrama: I’m just hoping for more Stephanie Brown. That’s who I would like to see.

Bendis: Oh, thank you. Yeah, no, people really responded well to Tim and Stephanie. There's Bat office plans with that stuff, I do know. So that’s being taken care of. But if it wasn't, I would've definitely grabbed both of them for something because, obviously, I'm enjoying writing them a great deal.

I assume he must mean Tynion in his upcoming Batman run, and maybe this is great news. But I like what Bendis has been doing with Steph and her multiverse doppleganger, so is this better? As one of many in the Bat family, or as the sole Bat-connection to Tim in Young Justice? Where is the thread of her former/future/contemporaneous life as Batgirl more likely to be pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Very interesting post over in the Naomi appreciation thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4660869

The poster links to this interview:

https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html

And the relevant content there is:

Nrama: I’m just hoping for more Stephanie Brown. That’s who I would like to see.

Bendis: Oh, thank you. Yeah, no, people really responded well to Tim and Stephanie. There's Bat office plans with that stuff, I do know. So that’s being taken care of. But if it wasn't, I would've definitely grabbed both of them for something because, obviously, I'm enjoying writing them a great deal.

I assume he must mean Tynion in his upcoming Batman run, and maybe this is great news. But I like what Bendis has been doing with Steph and her multiverse doppleganger, so is this better? As one of many in the Bat family, or as the sole Bat-connection to Tim in Young Justice? Where is the thread of her former/future/contemporaneous life as Batgirl more likely to be pulled?
    Tynion IS the most likely target. While on the one hand, I'm annoyed that Tim and Steph can't be like Batman or other characters who are in LOTS of books, I'm also really excited to hear that Tim and Steph are gonna have some kind of (hopefully) big plans in Gotham!

In terms of whether a Bat-plan or Young Justice would be better for Steph? I really don't know. I think if she features in Batman by Tynion, that's probably better just because of the higher visibility. But I am liking the way Bendis writes her.

Thanks for the scoop!

Didn't Tynion say his run would mostly be focusing on just Batman and not the Batfamily?

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Default Holy Helium, Steph!

Happy Halloween, peeps!
    HolyHelium.jpg

More Steph, naughty and not, on this deviantart page.
    https://www.deviantart.com/chickfigh...58/steph-brown
    Last edited by Chickfighter; 10-31-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Didn't Tynion say his run would mostly be focusing on just Batman and not the Batfamily?
    He did, but I have two takes on that.

1) Every time he said an arc of Detective would focus on someone, that person would usually only get the last two issues of the arc as a focus.

2) He has also said there will be a supporting cast.

2) He has also said there will be a supporting cast.
    Maybe he'll remember Lucius .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he'll remember Lucius .
    Of almost all writers except Tomasi, he's most likely to, since he used Luke more than anyone else in Rebirth. (Though King did have one scene with Lucius in the Rebirth Batman one shot)

Steph-3 Batwoman got some fun stuff this issue, and apparently has some feelings for at least one version of Tim in Earth-3 - not sure if it's evil or good...or both. I hope that even with Steph's Bat-office plans, Bendis gets to at least do a bit more with her and Tim.

Incredible Member

Steph-3 Batwoman got some fun stuff this issue, and apparently has some feelings for at least one version of Tim in Earth-3 - not sure if it's evil or good...or both.
    I think she wishes her Tim were more like ours. (Ours? Hmmm. What earth do WE live on? Gwenpool's world, I suppose.)

I hope that even with Steph's Bat-office plans, Bendis gets to at least do a bit more with her and Tim.
    We've probably seen the last of Batwoman, though that would be a shame, because I would have liked to see more of Evil Young Justice.

Bendis has a ton of characters to follow. But, perhaps there will be a stray panel here or there checking in on Tim and Steph.

Off topic, but it was funny that Amethyst seemed SO disappointed she never got to meet her evil twin.

Jenny Hex is finally getting interesting! I couldn't tell yet if she moves rapidly between sizes, or if she splits into many different-sized people that are all active at once. But -- she has so many gadgets, this was just one of her abilities. And I wonder if, when she splits into all these versions, each can then pick up one of her other gadgets. The possibilities are endless. She's like a subsidiary team all on her own - Hex Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I think she wishes her Tim were more like ours. (Ours? Hmmm. What earth do WE live on? Gwenpool's world, I suppose.)

We've probably seen the last of Batwoman, though that would be a shame, because I would have liked to see more of Evil Young Justice.

Bendis has a ton of characters to follow. But, perhaps there will be a stray panel here or there checking in on Tim and Steph.

Off topic, but it was funny that Amethyst seemed SO disappointed she never got to meet her evil twin.

Jenny Hex is finally getting interesting! I couldn't tell yet if she moves rapidly between sizes, or if she splits into many different-sized people that are all active at once. But -- she has so many gadgets, this was just one of her abilities. And I wonder if, when she splits into all these versions, each can then pick up one of her other gadgets. The possibilities are endless. She's like a subsidiary team all on her own - Hex Justice.
    I'd rather live on Gwenpool's world than Superboy Prime's world.

Batwoman Steph is out in the world, now. She's there to be used by other writers, and I think she will be, eventually. I just hope it's not to be killed off pointlessly. And even then...Steph has collected ANOTHER identity! She has Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing/Knightwing, and Batwoman!