Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 776
  1. #706
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Umm...There's always a problem confusing me. Why Steph came back from Africa to work for Penguin and even attacked Tim and Barbara? I believe this happened in Gotham Underground, prior to the time Tim discovered Steph was alive. It just seemed to happen without any explanation, very out of character.

  2. #707
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Time for another Steph sighting.

    Nathan Fairbairn (color artist) posted this to Instagram:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5jZRo2B84a/

    "Had fun revisiting some old friends from Batman Incorporated for this cover for the Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus volume 3. #batman #robin #dc #dccomics"

    Apparently this will be released in August. In the DC Hardcover Collected Editions forum here, someone posted a link to the Penguin Random House page for this book:

    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779502711

    "This third omnibus edition collects Batman Incorporated #18, Batman: The Return #1, Batman Incorporated #0-13, Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes #1, Batman Incorporated Special #1."

    That page has a link to download a high-res TIFF.

    Is this new artwork or is it a collage of published material? It kind of looks like a collage, but all the faces are drawn in a similar style, and all are looking in the same direction, so it must be new...? And is that a Batman Who Laughs in there?

    Edit: I figured out how to insert the image, never mind this:

    I can't seem to figure out how to post the image inline, via file or URL, so here is a jpg attachment. What I hate about attachments is that they are only visible to logged in members here. Oh well.

    End Edit.

    Edit again: Well, this image sometimes is huge, and sometimes is normal, and sometimes doesn't show up at all, so I give up. This is the URL of the very large tiff, which you can click to download, but I'm going to add back a smaller jpg as an attachment and give up on trying to embed this inline.

    https://images.randomhouse.com/cover/tif/9781779502711

    End Edit Again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ohfellow; 12-02-2019 at 02:54 AM.

  3. #708
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Umm...There's always a problem confusing me. Why Steph came back from Africa to work for Penguin and even attacked Tim and Barbara? I believe this happened in Gotham Underground, prior to the time Tim discovered Steph was alive. It just seemed to happen without any explanation, very out of character.
    Gotham Underground, the series where all that happened, is a mess. I've tried to figure it out, but it still doesn't make any sense. And is a big reason I don't want Frank Tieri to ever write Steph again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Time for another Steph sighting.

    Nathan Fairbairn (color artist) posted this to Instagram:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5jZRo2B84a/

    "Had fun revisiting some old friends from Batman Incorporated for this cover for the Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus volume 3. #batman #robin #dc #dccomics"

    Apparently this will be released in August. In the DC Hardcover Collected Editions forum here, someone posted a link to the Penguin Random House page for this book:

    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779502711

    "This third omnibus edition collects Batman Incorporated #18, Batman: The Return #1, Batman Incorporated #0-13, Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes #1, Batman Incorporated Special #1."

    That page has a link to download a high-res TIFF.

    Is this new artwork or is it a collage of published material? It kind of looks like a collage, but all the faces are drawn in a similar style, and all are looking in the same direction, so it must be new...? And is that a Batman Who Laughs in there?
    Awesome info - thanks! I definitely want to update the wiki for Steph with that collection! Looks like the art is Chris Burnham, I'll have to check and see if he's posted anything.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  4. #709
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Is this new artwork or is it a collage of published material? It kind of looks like a collage, but all the faces are drawn in a similar style, and all are looking in the same direction, so it must be new...? And is that a Batman Who Laughs in there?

    https://images.randomhouse.com/cover/tif/9781779502711
    According to Burnham: "This cover was originally done for a new Batman Inc collection that was superseded by the new Omnibus. I’m excited that this one includes Batman: The Return!"

    https://twitter.com/TheBurnham/statu...09345116098560

    I gave it some Steph love in the replies!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  5. #710
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW.. I can´t believe that I didn´t see this before.. Maybe because I was more busy than the usual.

    THE REST OF CHARACTERS... AQUALAD? SIDEWAYS IS HERE... WTF.. ARROWETTE EXISTS here?



    I THOUGHT THAT BENDIS SAID RECENTLY THAT STEPH WAS RESERVED FOR SOMETHING RELATED WITH BATMAN
    Despite the new Tynion runs seems more focused in the batcat..
    I think that's Red Arrow, Mia...not Arrowette sadly.

  6. #711
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think that's Red Arrow, Mia...not Arrowette sadly.
    Isn't Red Arrow Emiko right now?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  7. #712
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    91

    Default

    That is supposed to be Arrowette, while Red Arrow is Emiko in Teen Titans. Very confusing! But people are excited to see Arrowette.

    Isn't Speedy Mia when she isn't Thea, and when Speedy isn't Roy? Excuse me but I have no idea what's going on.

  8. #713
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,819

    Default

    Yeah, Mia's codename was Speedy, but she hasn't existed since New 52 started... though, neither has Arrowette.

    Thea Queen in the Arrow TV show did use the alias "Mia", and is indeed codenamed Speedy. However, as the surname suggests, she's actually Emiko's counterpart. There's no "Thea" in the comics. Mia's actual counterpart would be Mia Smoak, who'll be the lead in the new spin-off show Green Arrow and the Canaries.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  9. #714
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Mia appeared in DC You but when Rebirth started she disappeared again until now

  10. #715
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    For what it's worth, a lot of things that N52 removed are coming back. I won't be surprised if Mia is one of them, especially if it lets them capitalize on the Arrow replacement series.

    Maybe we can get a new Birds of Prey, with Oracle, Black Canary, and Huntress as the leaders (please, no Harley Quinn) and Spoiler, Orphan, Speedy, and Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez) as a sort of “trainee squad”: basically, an all-girls version of Tynion's Gotham Knights.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  11. #716
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    For what it's worth, a lot of things that N52 removed are coming back. I won't be surprised if Mia is one of them, especially if it lets them capitalize on the Arrow replacement series.

    Maybe we can get a new Birds of Prey, with Oracle, Black Canary, and Huntress as the leaders (please, no Harley Quinn) and Spoiler, Orphan, Speedy, and Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez) as a sort of “trainee squad”: basically, an all-girls version of Tynion's Gotham Knights.
    I remember back when Rebirth was first announced, and we had Batgirl and the Birds of Prey announced. In the Fletcher/Stewart/Tarr run of Batgirl, we had Babs and Dinah mentoring Steph and Harper, and Cass coming up in Batman and Robin Eternal. I don't hate Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, but I think it might have been better if they'd continued with the idea of Babs, Dinah, and Helena as mentors of Steph, Harper, and Cass.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  12. #717
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Steph has a tiny reference in today's issue of Young Justice - she text's Tim and his phone blows up with her messages as soon as he's back in our reality's reception!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  13. #718
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Steph has a tiny reference in today's issue of Young Justice - she text's Tim and his phone blows up with her messages as soon as he's back in our reality's reception!
    Just saying, I sort of dislike the idea that Steph can't handle her father on her own and ask for Tim's help. She had proved herself to be a much more independent hero.

  14. #719
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Just saying, I sort of dislike the idea that Steph can't handle her father on her own and ask for Tim's help. She had proved herself to be a much more independent hero.
    Well, what if Cluemaster has pulled a Batman Eternal and gotten a BUNCH of villains together? Steph has always been in favor of teamups in those situations (Batgirl 23-24, Batman Eternal, Birds of Prey 40-42).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  15. #720
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, what if Cluemaster has pulled a Batman Eternal and gotten a BUNCH of villains together? Steph has always been in favor of teamups in those situations (Batgirl 23-24, Batman Eternal, Birds of Prey 40-42).
    Well, maybe a little different ideas.
    By the way, did you see this week's GL Dark Star issue? Steph was in, got infected along with other family members, by some kind of pseudo-Batman-Who-Laughs virus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •