Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    I remember Crystal's name was not even Crystal at first. It was like Agnes or something, changed into Crystal later.
    Hmmm. I don't recall that myself. Is there an issue you recall?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hmmm. I don't recall that myself. Is there an issue you recall?
    In Detective Comics 648, Tim mentioned her as 'Mrs. Agnes Bellinger'.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Stephanie Bellinger doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

I am pretty sure that is a false name.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

WOW.. Steph mother has one easy name... How can this happen?

Is Steph's mum supposed to be a villain or is that just a New 52 invention

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Is Steph's mum supposed to be a villain or is that just a New 52 invention
    Originally, her mother was a prescription-pill addict. Had been since Steph was very young. She did not participate in any of her husband's criminal deeds.

I do have issue with her treatment in the fandom/fic, though. Now, she loved her daughter, and I do not dispute that. But she was not a good mother. In addition to being an addict, she allowed Arthur to abuse Steph. Even after she got clean - he came back and she let him stay in the house and run criminal enterprises out it, rather than fighting to make him leave. For a long time, she was absolutely someone her daughter could not rely on. So seeing her get a pass from fandom while Jack Drake got unfairly villainized (seriously, the number of fics where he's a generally terrible person, leaves his child in a house without food or heat or even is physically abusive is staggering) really irks me (especially when Bruce is "good dad" because that isn't right, either). Anyway, in regards to Steph's relationship with her mom in the old days, here's my analysis of the nightmare she had before giving her daughter up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Originally, her mother was a prescription-pill addict. Had been since Steph was very young. She did not participate in any of her husband's criminal deeds.

I do have issue with her treatment in the fandom/fic, though. Now, she loved her daughter, and I do not dispute that. But she was not a good mother. In addition to being an addict, she allowed Arthur to abuse Steph. Even after she got clean - he came back and she let him stay in the house and run criminal enterprises out it, rather than fighting to make him leave. For a long time, she was absolutely someone her daughter could not rely on. So seeing her get a pass from fandom while Jack Drake got unfairly villainized (seriously, the number of fics where he's a generally terrible person, leaves his child in a house without food or heat or even is physically abusive is staggering) really irks me (especially when Bruce is "good dad" because that isn't right, either). Anyway, in regards to Steph's relationship with her mom in the old days, here's my analysis of the nightmare she had before giving her daughter up for adoption.
    thank you! I never realized she was abusive. I dont like Crystal Brown now!

Amazing Member

Gotta say, thank Tom King for not involving Steph(and Dick and Jason) in City of Bane.

Gotta say, thank Tom King for not involving Steph(and Dick and Jason) in City of Bane.
    I can understand that perspective, but as someone who is really loving City of Bane, I'm pretty disappointed that Steph isn't alongside Cass and Huntress.

I can understand that perspective, but as someone who is really loving City of Bane, I'm pretty disappointed that Steph isn't alongside Cass and Huntress.
    I was REALLY DISSAPOINTED to see Duke taking her place and even was the first who talked here.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I was REALLY DISSAPOINTED to see Duke taking her place and even was the first who talked here.
    I, of course, have a preference for Steph, but I like the way King writes Duke, and it's appropriate, since he was part of the first two arcs of King's run (I Am Gotham and I Am Suicide), so I think having Duke at the closing of the run is appropriate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I was disappointed, but on the other hand at least King can't kill her off.

And maybe she's in reserve to save the day. No real chance of that, though, and probably she's still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I was disappointed, but on the other hand at least King can't kill her off.

And maybe she's in reserve to save the day. No real chance of that, though, and probably she's still asleep.
    I doubt King will kill her off. When I asked him to put Steph in more stuff in 2016, he said "James has her" - which, to me, implies that he tends to think of most characters who are in an ongoing as being under the custodianship of the ongoing's writer. Thus, Steph would currently be under Bendis.

I am still salty that she decided to hit the snooze button in 71, since I DO like the way King writes her, and King's run in general.

I doubt King will kill her off. When I asked him to put Steph in more stuff in 2016, he said "James has her" - which, to me, implies that he tends to think of most characters who are in an ongoing as being under the custodianship of the ongoing's writer. Thus, Steph would currently be under Bendis.
    OK. I will try to trust in Bendis with this.. He didn´t dissapoint me with her.