Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
A nice interview with Chuck Dixon, Bryan Q. Miller, and Lee Garbett was just posted here:

https://www.newsarama.com/46588-step...s-batgirl.html

Lots of good stuff in the interview, probably some worth citing here.

One thing I was amused by was this that I took to be a comment about the current Spoiler mask, even though it really refers back to to the original one too. (But - why go back? I guess the point is by the time of "Batgirl," the character design had evolved into something better, don't jettison that.)

Nrama: What do you think of her placement in DC's comic books now?

Miller: Never in a million years would I put her in a costume that covers her smile/smirk. Laughing in the face of danger – and danger being able to see that laugh – is 90% of her hero game.
Thanks for the link - would have missed it otherwise! Glad someone besides us twitter fans and DCUniverse's twitter noticed and actually did something meaningful. That was a really meaty interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
And that is why many of us loved Miller's take on the character.
It was just so GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
Yes, that's also how I read it. That he has an idea for a Stephanie Brown solo series but where she would take on a new hero identity. (With more of her face showing, of course!)

And @Chickfighter. I totally agree! That's really what I meant when I quoted that - not just that he didn't like that they reset the mask, but that in doing that they hid that personality.

At least the ninja mask, when they draw that and not the full mask, lets some of it through.
I still wish they'd given Steph a domino in the new costume.

I wish DC were smart enough to give Bryan a title for Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
Too true. My favourite Batgirl.
I mean, we are in the Steph thread, so clearly most peeps here are biased, but she was amazing.