Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 485
  1. #436
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The hilarious thing was that they actually made this mistake with Young Justice #5, and it was both a spoiler and about Spoiler
    Given the tumultuous history of this particular character they really should take a little more care. But maybe they aren't entirely aware of all the Traumas of Stephanie Brown and Her Fans. If they are - well, it's Didio-level sadism!

  2. #437
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Given the tumultuous history of this particular character they really should take a little more care. But maybe they aren't entirely aware of all the Traumas of Stephanie Brown and Her Fans. If they are - well, it's Didio-level sadism!
    I was just amused that "Spoiler" was finally not a Spoiler

    We Steph fans have to take our laughs where we can get them!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  3. #438
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,577

    Default

    We are not lucky Miller. One friend told me that she only appeared with her phone and nothing more.

    This is issue is what King said that will affect batman during generations something like that? What happened? Something interesting with Thomas Wayne?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-15-2019 at 03:31 AM.

  4. #439
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I think the generation changing issue is 75.

  5. #440
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    We are not lucky Miller. One friend told me that she only appeared with her phone and nothing more.

    This is issue is what King said that will affect batman during generations something like that? What happened? Something interesting with Thomas Wayne?
    Yeah, it was not what I'd hoped.

    No - I personally think the generation changing issues will start with #90 and go to 105.

    But at least Batman considers Steph part of the family, even if she couldn't show up.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  6. #441
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah, it was not what I'd hoped.

    No - I personally think the generation changing issues will start with #90 and go to 105.

    But at least Batman considers Steph part of the family, even if she couldn't show up.
    It's not that she couldn't show up - she chose not to. She's half-awake and just looking at her phone ring, not answering. Barbara said "she's not picking up" (maybe she even tried more than once), and whoever heard of a hero not picking up? Even Ric and Jason at least take Barbara's call. So, the summary of Stephness here won't be very inspiring.

    Should we assume this part of the story actually happened, given Batman's state of mind? Or is he still actually asleep? I guess we'll find out in another year or so.

    Tim is supposedly still in Gemworld right now - though the fight he's having alongside Bart and Conner doesn't appear to be taking place there, and anyway they're supposed to be heading to some other Earth soon. And Barbara is no longer living with her father, is not even on speaking terms with him (and that is in continuity with Batman Who Laughs, actually, a fight over the Jim Jr. situation which somewhat crossed-over), and she doesn't know it yet but is technically homeless. Gotta just go with it.

    Hard to imagine one artist drew such a beautiful big panel of Barbara swinging through the air but at the same time that odd drawing of Conner (alongside Tim and Bart) in the smaller overlaid panel on the same page. Conner lacks any dynamic motion and his head doesn't even seem properly attached to his body. That's probably as lamely as how I'd throw a punch, and that's nothing to brag about.

    Sorry, I've drifted off the Steph appreciation topic.

  7. #442
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    It's not that she couldn't show up - she chose not to. She's half-awake and just looking at her phone ring, not answering. Barbara said "she's not picking up" (maybe she even tried more than once), and whoever heard of a hero not picking up? Even Ric and Jason at least take Barbara's call. So, the summary of Stephness here won't be very inspiring.

    Should we assume this part of the story actually happened, given Batman's state of mind? Or is he still actually asleep? I guess we'll find out in another year or so.
    Well, Tom King said it happened.

    I don't know what exactly is going on with Steph, but sadly, we're not likely to find out for quite a while.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  8. #443
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Tom King said it happened.

    I don't know what exactly is going on with Steph, but sadly, we're not likely to find out for quite a while.
    I don't know either. Jason's reaction to Bab's call isn't really too far off how he would currently respond to such a thing. And "Ric"... Less said about that the better.

  9. #444
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    898

    Default

    When I see the girl in the cover for Batman #77, I thought she was Stephanie for a moment until I realized the girl was Gotham Girl.

    I should say that suit would be perfect for Stephanie (it is even purple).
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-17-2019 at 05:48 PM.

  10. #445
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    When I see the girl in the cover for Batman #77, I thought she was Stephanie for a moment until I realized the girl was Gotham Girl.

    I should say that suit would be perfect for Stephanie (it is even purple).
    I agree! I think Steph should show up and say "You stole my color!" and then swing away.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  11. #446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Tom King said it happened.

    I don't know what exactly is going on with Steph, but sadly, we're not likely to find out for quite a while.
    You're giving DC(and Tom King) to much credit. Just because we had one good chapter with Steph doesn't mean anything. This is what I'm used too, and by King no less. DC shitting on Steph. But he did Wally worse so I can't even complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't know either. Jason's reaction to Bab's call isn't really too far off how he would currently respond to such a thing. And "Ric"... Less said about that the better.
    The hell that is Ric never ends.

  12. #447
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree! I think Steph should show up and say "You stole my color!" and then swing away.
    Feels like this is a joke calling back to something else? I have a vague recollection that someone accused Steph of stealing her colors, though Steph used them first. Maybe this happened with a bunch of Bat family standing around in the Bat Cave? But whether that was Spoiler-related or Batgirl... I can't remember. Please fill me in!

  13. #448
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Feels like this is a joke calling back to something else? I have a vague recollection that someone accused Steph of stealing her colors, though Steph used them first. Maybe this happened with a bunch of Bat family standing around in the Bat Cave? But whether that was Spoiler-related or Batgirl... I can't remember. Please fill me in!
    That was Charlotte "Charlie" Gage-Radcliffe, aka Misfit. She tried to be Batgirl in Birds of Prey, but Babs persuaded her not to by showing her Steph's autopsy photos. In "Death of Oracle," the second arc of the relaunched Birds of Prey (just before the n52), Charlie comments on Steph's purple Batgirl outfit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #449
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That was Charlotte "Charlie" Gage-Radcliffe, aka Misfit. She tried to be Batgirl in Birds of Prey, but Babs persuaded her not to by showing her Steph's autopsy photos. In "Death of Oracle," the second arc of the relaunched Birds of Prey (just before the n52), Charlie comments on Steph's purple Batgirl outfit.
    Yes, you're right. Well done! That is exactly the moment I was thinking of. I can't believe I remembered it at all, because I wasn't reading Birds of Prey, but probably came across Birds of Prey #10 when I was reading that series of Batgirl. The Wiki mentions that moment in its summary.

    But was it what you were thinking of when you made your joke? (A joke referencing a panel from early 2011 - that would be nicely obscure .)

  15. #450
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Yes, you're right. Well done! That is exactly the moment I was thinking of. I can't believe I remembered it at all, because I wasn't reading Birds of Prey, but probably came across Birds of Prey #10 when I was reading that series of Batgirl. The Wiki mentions that moment in its summary.

    But was it what you were thinking of when you made your joke? (A joke referencing a panel from early 2011 - that would be nicely obscure .)
    I'm going to totally pretend that was what I was referencing

    No, I just looked at the purple Robin costume, and thought that Steph missed an opportunity in 2004.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •